Camerarius' 1st Grow - 4840W LED & HPS - OG Kush & Headband

Camerarius

So this is my first attempt at a grow as well as my first journal. I hope somebody will find this interesting and maybe even useful. Because this is my first grow I'm also very interested to hear suggestions, comments and etc. I've tried to make this as detailed as possible so let me know if I leave anything out or if you want pictures of something. Now onto the meat and potatoes...

The Room
Dimensions: 20' long x 12' wide x 8ft high
Walls: green board covered in panda paper
Electrical: 50 amps total divided among 110v and 240v sockets. We put 240v outlets in the ceiling for the lights and then 110's other places for various stuff. The 240v outlets are controlled by a GE timer panel installed on the wall.
Floor: I was going to epoxy it but I got lazy. It's just bare concrete
Air: HEPA filtered air inlet through registers in ceiling and two output registers. The room DESPERATELY needs a second input register (it's on the todo list). The air is pulled by a hydro garden fan
Temperature:65-75 degrees Fahrenheit controlled by TMP-DNE controller
Humidity: 55% controlled by a dehumidifier
Water: So I bought a 1000 gallon/day RO system and didn't end up using it because I thought it was going to chew through too much water. I'm just running water out of my well which seems to produce 110PPM/6.9PH water most of the time.

The Lights
HPS: 2x 1000W HPS with 8" Sun System hoods using Hortilux bulbs running via Lumatek digital ballasts
LED: 4x 800W Diamond Series from Advanced LED

The Nutrients
I'm basically running the full line of House & Garden (aqua flakes). I'm doing standard strength on recommendation from a friend. The only modifications I've made are running nitrogen boost at half strength (recommendation from my buddy) for week 1 at my buddies recommendation and using great white to add friendly creatures to the mix.

The Trays
They're 3x 8'x4' trays filled with 4-5 50L bags of Hydroton. They're each fed by a 100 gallon reservoir. Each reservoir has 1 recirc pump, 1 air stone/pump, 1 500watt titanium heater and 1 flood pump. The floods are controlled by Hydrofarm timers.
Tray #1: Contains 20x OG Kush and lighted by 2x 1000W HPS
Tray #2: Contains 20x OG Kush and lighted by 2x 710W LED
Tray #3: Contains 20x Headband and lighted by 2x 710W LED

Re: Camerarius' 1st grow - ~4840W LED & HPS | OG Kush & Headband

You can see all the pics here I think. - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Here are a few good ones...

2012-01-27_18-23-33_82.jpg

2012-01-28_04-35-33_259.jpg

2012-01-28_04-35-51_452.jpg

2012-01-28_04-35-25_934.jpg

Here we go! A 60 plants grow journal, im in bro. I cant wait to see this one finish out. Our plants are in similar stages so ill be here till the end of this one. Looking forward to watching them progregg:goodjob:

Thanks 253chiefin! :thanks:

I'm going to spray them down with Azatrol today. Feeding 'em once a day right now. I have some plants that don't look so healthy or might have problems acomin' so I'll be posting pics of them soon.

Oh man im sooo sorry i didnt get here sooner! Your running hydro you want to have your ph at 5.5-5.8. I stay with low ph for veg so i try to stay consistantly at 5.5-5.6. Sorry about that one girl the rest will pick up once you give them time in 5.7 phd wated

Holy shit those are brand new clones too!?!. Ok if their not showing roots then only feed them water unless you have root developing enhancers. Once the roots pop through give them ONLY 200 PPM and slowly bring them up 10-20 a day untll their stronger

Whoa and you have ALOT of lights on some of them 2000 watts are on one tray. Those 20 ogs should probably run on only 1 hps untill their rooted better.too much light shocks them. Check all these problems i brought up im running hydro too but on a much smaller scale i can tell youve invested alot and ill help you out so you dont have to buy more clones. Trust me this will work you may lose a few since its been a few days but the remaining will survive if you fix them fast enough. Good luck man i hope you fix this

First off THANK YOU 253chiefin. You're the only one replying to my cry for help.

Okay so the PH.... DAMN IT... I'm going to lower it to 5.6 consistently until end of veg I think (unless I hear that's a bad call).

I'm switching over to RO water (10PPM/5.8PH) from well water (120PPM/7.0PH) on Friday (standard rez change).

Until then I'm running PH down every day to ensure I'm under 5.8 for every watering.

I have backup clones coming tomorrow to replace the ones I killed :(

Thanks again, you rock. I'll post updated pics soonish.

Holy shit those are brand new clones too!?!. Ok if their not showing roots then only feed them water unless you have root developing enhancers. Once the roots pop through give them ONLY 200 PPM and slowly bring them up 10-20 a day untll their stronger

Right, about the clones...

They were in rockwool dangling a few inches of roots. So I think they were in pretty good shape when I put them in (a few exceptions not withstanding).

Oh and if I didn't say it already the HPS are running @ 600W and the LED's at 1/2 power.

First off THANK YOU 253chiefin. You're the only one replying to my cry for help.

Okay so the PH.... DAMN IT... I'm going to lower it to 5.6 consistently until end of veg I think (unless I hear that's a bad call).

I'm switching over to RO water (10PPM/5.8PH) from well water (120PPM/7.0PH) on Friday (standard rez change).

Until then I'm running PH down every day to ensure I'm under 5.8 for every watering.

I have backup clones coming tomorrow to replace the ones I killed :(

Thanks again, you rock. I'll post updated pics soonish.

Im glad i clicked your journal. I almost went to bed after adding my updates on here and i saw your name and journal and decided to click it. Luckily you have the clones to replace them. Youlk be fine from here. The nutes are hard to adjust to but once youve been doing it a few week youll get it all under control

Right, about the clones...

They were in rockwool dangling a few inches of roots. So I think they were in pretty good shape when I put them in (a few exceptions not withstanding).

Oh and if I didn't say it already the HPS are running @ 600W and the LED's at 1/2 power.

Oh nice i over looked that i just saw dieing plants and started skimming. Well your good then but id keep those ppms low man they will curl downwards when overfed. Keep an eye on that.

Oh nice i over looked that i just saw dieing plants and started skimming. Well your good then but id keep those ppms low man they will curl downwards when overfed. Keep an eye on that.

That will be a priority for me now. I really hope the RO water helps with both PH and PPM issues.

Back
Top Bottom