Camerarius' 1st Grow - 4840W LED & HPS - OG Kush & Headband

I just turned the lights up to full strength last night... but they're still quite a ways from the canopy. I'll be posting new pics later today.

A couple questions...

1) Increasing nutrient strength - I'm trying to decide how to get from H&G week 1 at 65% strength which I'm running now to hit my 450PPM upto H&G week 1 100% strength without burning my plants. Is it safe to go from 450 to 600 or 650 in 1 rez change? I'm thinking about doing it this friday which will be 14 days in the trays for the plants.
Should be fine

2) Light distance to canopy - I'm thinking about puting the LEDs at ~22in from canopy and the HPS at 2-2.5ft. Does that sound reasonable? The LEDs heigh I'm basing of Magic Beans' thread where he did an analysis. The HPS's I found some threads that suggested 2ft was sufficient but I'm not sure. I did the "back of the hand" test and they do not burn me at 2ft away, just barely warm.
Yes this does sound reasonable. and i think you could move the lights right where you wanna, you dont have to move them closer every day i dont think more light will shock your plant

Couple of quick questions

Whats the resi temp?

How often are you feeeding?

How long are your feed cycles?

Don't want to step on anyone's feet here but I was having the same issue with the 24 clones I pulled from my Og KUSH3 in the same setup just I only did 24 not sure if its gonna be strain specific but when i talked with the guy at the hydro shop he gave me some advice that made a huge difference

He said for this issue he would raise the resi temp from 68 to between 73-75 and add a rooting agent your preference i used clonex he said i should run this for the first resi and i should increase to feeding every 2 hours with a 5-7 minute flood and after three days progress toward your normal feed schedule and when you change the resi add your nutes at 75% and a full dose of something equivalent to liquid karma (that's in my nute line up) and lower you water temp back to optimum range and for the first week (or until resi change) let your ph range from 5.5, 5.6 - 6.2, 6.3 after that bump everything to where you feel comfortable (I'm comfortable with the recommended dosage on the bottle seem to have little trouble with it) and keep your ph between 5.6-5.8 after following his advice I did this and within two days I was back on track and going good

Now as for headband I'm not sure and as far as that goes not sure it will work for your Og may just be a fluke that it worked so well for me but if I see this again in my setup this is how I will handle it again

Hope this is in anyway a help to you I'm in for the long run gotta see how this turns out and as soon as i decide whether or not I'm gonna keep this setup or transplant to another dwc ill start another journal and show this in detail

Hey folks... sorry it's been so long inbetween updates. I've been kind of down about the whole grow. It's definitely not gone the way I hoped. Plants are back to looking pretty stressed out/fried.

A couple symptoms...

1) leaves cupping/curling upward
2) copper/spotting/death/drying out

On the plus side they've somehow managed to survive!

Pics incoming...

Couple of quick questions

Whats the resi temp?

How often are you feeeding?

How long are your feed cycles?

Don't want to step on anyone's feet here but I was having the same issue with the 24 clones I pulled from my Og KUSH3 in the same setup just I only did 24 not sure if its gonna be strain specific but when i talked with the guy at the hydro shop he gave me some advice that made a huge difference

He said for this issue he would raise the resi temp from 68 to between 73-75 and add a rooting agent your preference i used clonex he said i should run this for the first resi and i should increase to feeding every 2 hours with a 5-7 minute flood and after three days progress toward your normal feed schedule and when you change the resi add your nutes at 75% and a full dose of something equivalent to liquid karma (that's in my nute line up) and lower you water temp back to optimum range and for the first week (or until resi change) let your ph range from 5.5, 5.6 - 6.2, 6.3 after that bump everything to where you feel comfortable (I'm comfortable with the recommended dosage on the bottle seem to have little trouble with it) and keep your ph between 5.6-5.8 after following his advice I did this and within two days I was back on track and going good

Now as for headband I'm not sure and as far as that goes not sure it will work for your Og may just be a fluke that it worked so well for me but if I see this again in my setup this is how I will handle it again

Hope this is in anyway a help to you I'm in for the long run gotta see how this turns out and as soon as i decide whether or not I'm gonna keep this setup or transplant to another dwc ill start another journal and show this in detail

Res temp is kept at about 65-70 f with an aquarium heater.

I feed 2x a day for 3 minutes each feed.

Currently I PH down to around 5.6, then feed... and the *$#*#@ PH goes back up to 5.9 or 6. FML

day 11

2012-02-07_11-55-54_593.jpg

2012-02-07_11-56-06_979.jpg

2012-02-07_11-56-15_146.jpg

2012-02-07_11-56-44_848.jpg

2012-02-07_11-56-53_437.jpg

2012-02-07_11-57-04_86.jpg

2012-02-07_11-57-24_749.jpg

2012-02-07_11-57-36_837.jpg

2012-02-07_11-57-55_411.jpg

2012-02-07_11-58-02_260.jpg

dont be too stressed man..your first grow needs learning experiences. i understand how you had this image of your first time growing youll have 100% perfect plants no problems lol. your doing great for your first time if you have 1 alive lol. as long as your grow doesnt die completely its not over those things are looking great 9 inches for some of them. your plants are doing way better than they were last update and im glad to see that. the ph will be a pain i hope your neighbor has the patience to come over 2-3 times a day to check ph levels morning, mid day and night. i wish them the best of luck and you too in your travels my brotha

ive had problems the last few weeks myself when uploading more than 5 it seems i get doubles and then i wont get some of the pics i wanted to upload. your plants look fuckin amazing now! that whole table really picked up and recovered. im glad you got some of the kinks worked out. how many all together did you lose and how many do you currently have? ill read back a few pages and see what ive missed

ive had problems the last few weeks myself when uploading more than 5 it seems i get doubles and then i wont get some of the pics i wanted to upload. your plants look fuckin amazing now! that whole table really picked up and recovered. im glad you got some of the kinks worked out. how many all together did you lose and how many do you currently have? ill read back a few pages and see what ive missed

At this point I think I'm short 8. 3 on each of the LED tables and 2 on the HPS table. So I have a total of 52 on the table. The HPS table looks to be winning the war over the Advanced LED's. But only weight will tell the real story...

My neighbor suggested I run a trellis over them and train the plants to fill the gaps. I think I'm gonna get that done today. I'll post pics once I get them trained. I'm planning on puting in the trellis 6 inches under the tallest plant.

And.. :thanks: It's good to be back!

Back
Top Bottom