Can 2x55W TCL 6500K and 2x55W TCL 2700K grow 2 plants?

Rokken

Hello, im a beginner of indoor grow and i want to ask if a 2x55W TCL 6500K and 2x55W TCL 2700K can grow 2 plants, automatic and not automatic.
my box is 120x60x140. The 6500K lamps make 9600 lumens togheter and the 2700K make 6600 lumens. Can i put mammoth 2x55W 2700K in another reflector that is not mammoth brand? And another question is: if i do a 12/12 on a not automatic seed how much fertilizer i need to use? the same in 18/6? im using cellmax fertilizers and cellmax soil.

:welcome:to the forum...

Lighting is your single largest expense, both to buy, and to operate. I have the same size box, with over 27,500 lux LED lighting at the canopy. I could use more. I use a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light that draws 300W from the wall at maximum output. The cost is about €230. By the time you get that amount of light in your box using Mammoth products it will have cost you much more. Operational costs for the mammoth are 25% higher for power than LEDs, and you'll need to replace the tubes every year to maintain the light output.

You can use the Mammoth lights you've mentioned. Your harvest will be less, and you may have problems with the height of you box unless you grow a SCROG (the plants will stretch more).

Lighting is your single largest expense, both to buy, and to operate. I have the same size box, with over 27,500 lux LED lighting at the canopy. I could use more. I use a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light that draws 300W from the wall at maximum output. The cost is about €230. By the time you get that amount of light in your box using Mammoth products it will have cost you much more. Operational costs for the mammoth are 25% higher for power than LEDs, and you'll need to replace the tubes every year to maintain the light output.

You can use the Mammoth lights you've mentioned. Your harvest will be less, and you may have problems with the height of you box unless you grow a SCROG (the plants will stretch more).

Thanks for the reply, i appreciate the help. So, the lamps that i have are weak for a grow of 2 plants? i was thinking about doing a lst. Do the lst stretch the plant? if he don't i can try to grow a SCROG. Sorry for bad english btw. i didn't understand the fact of the mammoth lamps, why the costs are 25% higher than a led? if they do only 110W in total? cus the budget for now is quite limited :(, sorry if i dont understand something.

LST will not stretch the plants, the low level of light will.

The 25% higher is for the same amount of light. It would take at least 375W of the Mammoth tubes to produce it.

I understand limited funds, mine are limited too. If you already have the Mammoth lights, use them. Your best results will be in a SCROG with all four of the lights on. They will not penetrate through the canopy to the lower leaves. Keep the lights about 15cm above the canopy.

If you don't have the Mammoth lights yet, HID is cheaper than LEDs to buy. They wil cost two times as much in electricity as LEDs. Another option is to buy half the LED lighting you need for the full box, and only grow one plant to harvest for now.

LST will not stretch the plants, the low level of light will.

The 25% higher is for the same amount of light. It would take at least 375W of the Mammoth tubes to produce it.

I understand limited funds, mine are limited too. If you already have the Mammoth lights, use them. Your best results will be in a SCROG with all four of the lights on. They will not penetrate through the canopy to the lower leaves. Keep the lights about 15cm above the canopy.

If you don't have the Mammoth lights yet, HID is cheaper than LEDs to buy. They wil cost two times as much in electricity as LEDs. Another option is to buy half the LED lighting you need for the full box, and only grow one plant to harvest for now.

Thanks for the help, you helped me a lot. what do you think about a 300W led by MEIZHI?

I think 150-200 bucks for now.. i know its not one of the better budgets but im gonna harvest only one plant this time.

It is enough for a chinese copy of quantum board ( google for a folux kit on alibaba).I know I shouldn't recommend this here and it is better if you purchase from our sponsor to help keeping the site running. But can't help it if you are on a budget.

It is enough for a chinese copy of quantum board ( google for a folux kit on alibaba).I know I shouldn't recommend this here and it is better if you purchase from our sponsor to help keeping the site running. But can't help it if you are on a budget.

For 380 i can afford a good led? i see something like sonlight led 288W
edit: i know that's not my budget.. but maybe some weeks and i get some cash..

For 300 i can afford a good led?
A set of double 288 panels using samsung lm301c led, with power supply and accessories goes for 210 something (shipping included). I hope you won't get slapped with tax though ( ask them to ship as sample without commercial value and maybe you could get away). Enough for a 3x3 tent I believe.

From our sponsors, the Mars II Led Grow Light 400 selling for $164.99.
From King LED, the King X4 Dimmable 1200W COB LED Grow Light for $179.00 USD, including shipping from the factory.
Both of these choices will require a second light for your box when you can afford it.

I like the dimming feature as I save power during the early stages of growth.

A set of double 288 panels using samsung lm301c led, with power supply and accessories goes for 210 something (shipping included). I hope you won't get slapped with tax though ( ask them to ship as sample without commercial value and maybe you could get away). Enough for a 3x3 tent I believe.

There's no worries for the tax.. sorry for the late edit.

From our sponsors, the Mars II Led Grow Light 400 selling for $164.99.
From King LED, the King X4 Dimmable 1200W COB LED Grow Light for $179.00 USD, including shipping from the factory.
Both of these choices will require a second light for your box when you can afford it.

I like the dimming feature as I save power during the early stages of growth.

I take a look for the king led, can i ask i question? why there's write "1200W" while that consume only 215W?

I take a look for the king led, can i ask i question? why there's write "1200W" while that consume only 215W?
This is quite common with low-cost LEDs. They claim that it has the same light output as a 1200W light, but only takes 215W. It's the same with the MEIZHI 300W light you mentioned earlier. It only takes 115W. It is a marketing trick used by the manufacturers.

This is quite common with low-cost LEDs. They claim that it has the same light output as a 1200W light, but only takes 215W. It's the same with the MEIZHI 300W light you mentioned earlier. It only takes 115W. It is a marketing trick used by the manufacturers.

I think im gonna buy the King LED, the King X4 Dimmable 1200W COB LED Grow Light, Now i put a Royal gorilla auto with philips lamps 6500k 2x55, i don't know if this is a good idea but the seed germinated :rolleyes:, im using airpot, cellmax soil with cellmax fertilizers, a van, and an humidifier and other utilities. this is my firts serious grow. I hope everything goes well.

So at maximum power is 300W? it would be good for 1/2 plants right?

Back
Top Bottom