Ganja Closet Grow - LED - HPS

Day50: Flower

Orange bud looking good.

Bubblicious is getting there slowly,but takes too long

And Critical jack still no flowers after 7 weeks, must be something wrong?

011031.JPG
02809.JPG
SAM_27221.JPG

Hey ganjazz were these girls from seed or clone? Ive noticed a wierd thing over a couple of runs with the same strain.. i have had 2 distinct phenotypes 1 flowers much faster and the other has been getting progressively worse taking longer to flower..when i look back at the first grow from seed the plants were not near as slow to flower? At first i thaught it could be my leds but seeing you have a similar thing with hps ... idk

Autos are strong beans mate.so arnt aure whats happend.maybe the humdity dome u had over them just stalled them.just treat them like any other plant mate ans best of luck;)

I just looked at your start date. We flipped at about the same time its been 6 weeks which is crazy .. Dam frustrating hey. Nearly had enough girls soon you'll be compost.
Question for ya .. Does bac have an enzyme product that your using? That might help the auto's. Also, Do you find bac nutes bring your ph right down?

update,

- auto's failed, put into compost.

- chopped critical jack due to no flowering after 2months

- bublicious dont know what to do, she has little flowers but isnt normal take that long, almoast no thc forming.

- moved 4 unknown plants to big closet.

- orange bud is close for chop,
(noticed small bananas in few tops and cut those)

Some pics:

SAM_27483.JPG
SAM_27511.JPG
SAM_27561.JPG
SAM_27451.JPG

Interesting, could it be true?

If it is, gonna change grow method and use only big closet(save elec bill),

Each month germinate 3 seeds, make 3 different levels,

----------------------------------------

“12/12 From Seed” is a proven way to grow pot, and produces yields up to 1 gram of dried bud per 1 watt of electricity consumed

12/12 Cycle direct from seed!
Most cultivation experts will tell you it is customary and necessary to ‘pre-grow’ Cannabis plants in a vegetative stage under 18 hours of light when cultivating indoors. Later, when the plants are mature or large enough, you can switch to a cycle of 12 hours of light to induce flowering. The reasoning being that this is what happens in Nature, albeit gradually.
We are here to tell you that indoor home-growers in most cases don’t need 18 hours of light in the vegetative stage. Welcome to the 'direct 12/12'-method!

But why cut back on a vital element like light?
After all, the more light you give the plant, the more it will yield. While this is true, there seems to be something special about plants that follow this 12/12 grow cycle when started from seed. They tend to grow larger and have a higher calyx-to-leaf ratio. Plus, you'll have the added value of saving a lot of costs. We do want to stress that we mean the 'direct 12/12'-method is better used when you plan to pre-grow your plants for only 3 to 4 weeks under 18 hours of light. If you want to pre-grow for a longer time, we advise against it and recommend using standard 18 hours for the 4-5-6-7 or 8 weeks you want to pre-grow the plant. It all depends on your situation.

For example:
Let’s say you want to pre-grow your plant in a vegetative stage for 3 weeks. If you use a light cycle of just 12 hours, you’ll save {3 weeks x 7 days x 6 hours = } 126 hours of light. This means you’ll save a lot of energy and related costs (about 12% or more!). Also, you won’t have to construct a separate grow room for the pre-growing of plants, which will save you equipment costs.

When growing your plant from seed, you can start it under a 12 hour light cycle straight away. It’s like growing your plant near the equator, which has a natural 12 hours of daylight all year long. Tropical sativas (narrow leaf) will take a long time before flowering is induced and are more dependent on other factors such as age or root development. They will grow in the vegetative stage for months under just 12 hours of light. So this is nothing new we’re telling you.

So here is the deal:
When growing indoors and starting from seed under 12 hours of light, plants will grow in the vegetative stage for about 3 to 4 weeks, after which automatic flowering is induced. The sex of the plant can show itself as early as 14 days after germination (this is very fast!). So you could use non-feminized seed for this as you can quickly distinguish between males and females, without the plants getting too big. The complete cycle takes about 11 to 12 weeks for most strains to finish.
You can also look at it this way: you can turn your ‘regular’ strain into an ‘autoflowering’ strain.

But… won’t the yield be less when you do not use those 18 hour of light in the first 3-4 weeks of the vegetative stage? No, it won’t. However, there are some rules you must adhere to.

First of all, this method will not work very well with 100% indica strains(broad leaf). They will just yield 15-25g per plant. Use 50/50 hybrids or slightly more narrow leaf dominant strains. Second, use a medium to large container (>11l). This way the roots will have enough room to develop properly in the short time they have. Germinate the seeds directly in the soil. Third, make sure you use proper ventilation (and wind generated through fans) so the stem of your plant will develop and grow strong. Finally, give your plants some room to breathe. The less competition they have for the growing space, the larger they will grow and the bigger the yield per plant will be. In any case, make sure the plants receive enough light!

A full 12/12 cultivation cycle completes in about 11 weeks, and can yield up to 100g per plant in 11 liter containers, depending on the genetics.

Do not try and top the plants as this will delay growth for a short time and can easily add a whole week to the time it takes for plants to finish. You also do not need to use any added nutrients, just use a proper soil medium.
When you want to add a plant, you can just put one in the cultivation room without the extra effort of pre-growing under 18 hours of light. You can easily use this system as a perpetual growing system.

The 'direct 12/12' method has been thoroughly field tested with strains such as: Blueberry, PowerPlant, Santa Maria, Hymalayan Gold, Hawaiian Snow, Strawberry Cough, Super Silver Haze and many others. We conducted tests with both HPS (high pressure sodium, 400W) and CFL (compact fluorescent lights, 150W). Both light systems showed the 'direct 12/12'-method to be consistent. We’re planning to do a test with LEDs in the near future, so stay tuned!

CONCLUSION:

Starting in a 12/12 cycle for indoor growing requires:

Starting from seed (and propagation directly in the soil!)
Do not use broad leaf dominant strains
Use a medium sized container ( > 11l)
Make sure you give them good climatic conditions (like proper ventilation -wind)
Benefits of a 12/12 cycle for indoor growing:

Save costs and energy
No need for added nutrients
High calyx-to-leaf ratio on the inflorescence
Finish 11-12 weeks from planting the seed
Easy to set up a perpetual indoor grow system

12/12 Cycle direct from seed! | Home-Grown Cannabis Academy

Sorry to hear of ur troubles mate.but u got beautiful buds to come good job.and some sweet info mate ur on it.top job;)

Thanks, not so lucky this round but learning from it ;)

Those autos couldn't recover anymore, too bad.

Expect orange bud to be good harvest, estimate between 60-75 gr, that should keep me happy for some time :)

Sorry about your autos and your non-flowering lady Ganjazz. That info on 12-12 from seed is great, may have to give that a try, Thank you sir Ganjazz.:volcano-smiley:

:thanks:

Think better also chop the other "no good" flowering lady.

The 4 unknown are 6 weeks already. (Gonny try from now the 12/12 method) :wood:

So need to germinate 3 more seeds:
Will order those(sativa dominant):

- Dutch Cheese - Dutch Passion
- Euforia - Dutch Passion
- Power Plant - Dutch Passion

Can place 2 times three 7l smartpots in a row on different height, and three 2L pots for germination.

If can achieve approx each month to harvest than i dont run outta supply, quality and time seed to harvest are prior to quantity. :tokin:

Soil- nutes get same as first round from BAC.
(this grow soil was plagron and nutes homebrand)

O i thaught u were using the bac nutes all this grow. Just wondered if they brought your ph right down . I tried them at the shop they changed ph7.5 tap water to about ph6 after adding and thaught that would be good for me (coco) would save alot of time ph'ing.
Yeah sorry to here tough round hey .. my plants that were behind are doing something finally but there looking like there about 3rd week after about 7 ..eek. i dono.
Good luck sounds like a good plan 12/12 perpetual :thumb:

Chopped the orange bud and there is something wrong with the smell again :thedoubletake:, same as previous grow.

A week before didnt notice anything and can't see/find any mold on buds, very strange.

Looks like this grow is failed.:whoa:

---------------------

Journal can be closed.

Start a new one later.

:peacetwo:

What a waste of electricity, seeds, nutes and time. :trance::cough:

But wont give up :tokin:, next round is underway :)

This time humidity in last weeks flower has to stay very low, than buds not be ruined again.

A closed closet breeds alot less than a grow tent.

Will use more fans, better air intake and dehumifier to achieve that.

--------------------------

pic of current setup,
SAM_2795.JPG

------------------

JOURNAL CAN BE CLOSED

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom