Can anyone advise me on my disaster?

JayGee

420 Member
So..... On my first grow I went in with the confidence of a four year old in a batman T.shirt, not know what to do, I tried HST, LST, Fimming, topping and overfeeding, I put that poor plant through hell and back and I have ended up with frankenstiens stunted monster (see pics)

So this is my question, I think by all the over feeding, I have stunted its growth, Its a Geleto auto and its a pathectic 6 inches tall after 10 weeks, Please dont laugh, but it has flowered. A stem snapped off a few weeks ago, so I dried it and tried it.. (not bad) In another group, I was told it has a week left till ready to harvest, but can I have your opinions please, should I leave it a few more weeks, or just give it the chop. What would you do ?

w22.jpg
s3.jpg

So..... On my first grow I went in with the confidence of a four year old in a batman T.shirt, not know what to do, I tried HST, LST, Fimming, topping and overfeeding, I put that poor plant through hell and back and I have ended up with frankenstiens stunted monster (see pics)

So this is my question, I think by all the over feeding, I have stunted its growth, Its a Geleto auto and its a pathectic 6 inches tall after 10 weeks, Please dont laugh, but it has flowered. A stem snapped off a few weeks ago, so I dried it and tried it.. (not bad) In another group, I was told it has a week left till ready to harvest, but can I have your opinions please, should I leave it a few more weeks, or just give it the chop. What would you do ?

w22.jpg
s3.jpg
Usually when it’s ready it stops feeding. Have you scoped the Trichomes for cloudiness? Good luck. CL🍀

You still have white pistils so you still have some time to go yet. Once they all turn brown and crinkle in, start checking trichomes with a loop. Clear = not ready yet, cloudy = maximum psychoactive effect and an 'up' high, more and more amber = more sedative 'couch-lock' as the THC begins to degrade into CBN. So, you harvest according to the effect you're after.

Autos can be tricky to grow well as they flower on a time schedule and not related to light period. That means there's no recovery period in veg to correct whatever issues you might have. You are on the plant's schedule rather than the other way around.

So many factors come in to play from lights, to nutes, to grow media, to proper watering, and on and on. Get any of them not quite right and you can stunt the plant.

Next time, start a journal and ask questions along the way as there are many very experienced growers on here happy to offer advice simply for the asking.

That said, I don't think that plant looks all that bad, especially for your first go. Nothing like your own home grown bud. :thumb:

w22.jpg
s3.jpg
Oh that poor plant! To much of a good thing! Maybe try a photoperiod plant next time around they are forgiving on new growers mistakes ✌️

IMG_20230608_083101.jpg

You still have white pistils so you still have some time to go yet. Once they all turn brown and crinkle in, start checking trichomes with a loop. Clear = not ready yet, cloudy = maximum psychoactive effect and an 'up' high, more and more amber = more sedative 'couch-lock' as the THC begins to degrade into CBN. So, you harvest according to the effect you're after.

Autos can be tricky to grow well as they flower on a time schedule and not related to light period. That means there's no recovery period in veg to correct whatever issues you might have. You are on the plant's schedule rather than the other way around.

So many factors come in to play from lights, to nutes, to grow media, to proper watering, and on and on. Get any of them not quite right and you can stunt the plant.

Next time, start a journal and ask questions along the way as there are many very experienced growers on here happy to offer advice simply for the asking.

That said, I don't think that plant looks all that bad, especially for your first go. Nothing like your own home grown bud. :thumb:
Thanks for the confidence boost and advice, I have ordered a loupe today and should be here in a few hours, I was shocked how small the plant is, but first grow, first errors, but got a few more on the grow.
s4.jpg
s5.jpg

as it was my first grow, I was unsure, but i have photo period growing as well, I was just experimenting.
Its all good man !!! Im not very good with autos myself so I stick with the photos and it's taken me awhile to learn I started back in the 90's and I'm still learning shit so Keep on GROWING!!!

Try this schedule if you are growing autos again this is what fast buds recommend

Most nutrients are designed for photoperiodics, making it easier to over or underfeed and damage your autoflowering plant. That's why we recommend following the best nutrient schedule for autoflowers which has been adapted for you to grow autos using nutrients designed for photos.

• Week 0 Germination - Plain water;
  • Week 1 Seedling - Plain water;
  • Week 2 Vegetating - ⅛ veg. nutes;
  • Week 3 Vegetating - ¼ veg. nutes;
  • Week 4 Vegetating - ¼ to ½ veg. nutes;
  • Week 5 Pre-flowering - ¼ veg. nutes + ⅛ bloom;
  • Week 6 Flowering - ¼ bloom + ⅛ veg. nutes;
  • Week 7 Flowering - ¼ bloom nutes;
  • Week 8 Flowering - ½ bloom nutes;
  • Week 9 Flowering - ½ bloom nutes;
  • Week 10 Ripening - ⅛ bloom nutes;
  • Week 11 Flushing - Plain water.

Thanks for the confidence boost and advice, I have ordered a loupe today and should be here in a few hours, I was shocked how small the plant is, but first grow, first errors, but got a few more on the grow.
Just start a journal and tell us what mix you're growing in, what nutes you use, how you determine when to water, etc.

Here's a link to a post with a bunch of other links to get you started.

Cheers!

Just start a journal and tell us what mix you're growing in, what nutes you use, how you determine when to water, etc.

Your major problem above everything was topping and fimming an auto without a plan. If you’re gonna top or fim (one or the other don’t do both) an auto you need to plan for it, and do it at a very specific time. Otherwise you end up with a half foot tall plant.

Auto’s are easy to stunt. Not sure why so many recommend for the new grower. My last grow I stunted w soil too hot w nutrients and then planted outside when it was too cold. Then had bud rot. I salvaged 7 grams from one plant and 12 grams from the other. My first run w auto’s I got > 100 grams per plant. My next few runs I will stick w photoperiods until my technique is more dialed in. Just try and learn from your mistakes and move on. Like others said I would not chop for another couple weeks.

Auto’s are easy to stunt. Not sure why so many recommend for the new grower.
I have wondered the same thing but I do not see all that many actual recommendations that new growers start off with auto-flowers, at least not on this message board. If anything it is the opposite with members saying to learn the basics with photo-period plants because it is easy to correct problems without the plant going into flower.

Back
Top Bottom