First Major Grow After Trial Run

JayGee

420 Member
Sooo.... Thanks for letting me join this group, I know you all like your pictures, so I will start with my set up.

I have 3 tents, One is a nursery tent for starting off seeds, and the other 2 are main tents. They are 2 x 1.8mtr tall by 1mtr wide, and a 1mtr tall x 1.5mtr wide, I have an intake fan, and extractor fan with a carbon filter so it sucks air through the tents, Tent one I have 2 x viperspectra 600 leds (standard) and in the other two tents I have 2 x 1000 full spectrum (red/blue) Leds in each tent. I have a 9 inch oscalating fan in each tent,
I run the nursery tent on 7,500 Lux lights and whilst in veg mode 30,000 to 45,000 Lux, and bloom is up to 75,000 lux.

My growing Medium is compost with a mix of 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite with slow release fertilizer. I soak the seeds first, then into jiffy coir pods and just compost, then after 2 weeks, the perlite, vermiculite and fertilizer are added when potting on.

s1.jpg
s4.jpg
s5.jpg
s2.jpg
s6.jpg

So I have 3 x Northern lights
2 x Fat Banana (auto)
3 x Cookies Geleto (auto)
3 x Fruit Spirit
3 x Silver haze
1 x Geleto (auto) (trial plant first grow)

My first trial was a Geleto and I went in blind not knowing what to do, so I didn't have a light meter or ph meter, I made the mistake of trying to top it and fimm it when I did'nt know what I was doing, I also bought some Master grow and Master bloom and over fed it, causing neuts burn and stunted the growth. The plant is a pathetic 7 inches tall, but a branch did snap off last week, so I had to dry it out and try the goods, and it's guuuuuud !
The Geleto (trial plant) should be ready next week, so I am starting to flush it. The other plants are 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week and 24 hours.

s3.jpg

My only issue now is that I have to many plants and varities on the go at the same time, but there such a pleasure to grow, I can't help myself... lol

Sooo.... Thanks for letting me join this group, I know you all like your pictures, so I will start with my set up.

I have 3 tents, One is a nursery tent for starting off seeds, and the other 2 are main tents. They are 2 x 1.8mtr tall by 1mtr wide, and a 1mtr tall x 1.5mtr wide, I have an intake fan, and extractor fan with a carbon filter so it sucks air through the tents, Tent one I have 2 x viperspectra 600 leds (standard) and in the other two tents I have 2 x 1000 full spectrum (red/blue) Leds in each tent. I have a 9 inch oscalating fan in each tent,
I run the nursery tent on 7,500 Lux lights and whilst in veg mode 30,000 to 45,000 Lux, and bloom is up to 75,000 lux.

My growing Medium is compost with a mix of 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite with slow release fertilizer. I soak the seeds first, then into jiffy coir pods and just compost, then after 2 weeks, the perlite, vermiculite and fertilizer are added when potting on.

s1.jpg
s4.jpg
s5.jpg
s2.jpg
s6.jpg

2 x Fat Banana (auto)
3 x Fruit Spirit
3 x Silver haze

My first trial was a Geleto and I went in blind not knowing what to do, so I didn't have a light meter or ph meter, I made the mistake of trying to top it and fimm it when I did'nt know what I was doing, I also bought some Master grow and Master bloom and over fed it, causing neuts burn and stunted the growth. The plant is a pathetic 7 inches tall, but a branch did snap off last week, so I had to dry it out and try the goods, and it's guuuuuud !
The Geleto (trial plant) should be ready next week, so I am starting to flush it. The other plants are 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 week and 24 hours.

s3.jpg

My only issue now is that I have to many plants and varities on the go at the same time, but there such a pleasure to grow, I can't help myself... lol
Nice, looking forward to updates :goodjob: :thumb::passitleft:

s1.jpg
s4.jpg
s5.jpg
s2.jpg
s6.jpg

2 x Fat Banana (auto)
3 x Fruit Spirit
3 x Silver haze

s3.jpg

Looking forward to your grow journal, Mars Hydro has FCE3000 Giveaway, if you are interested, please join us. :circle-of-love:

Any other advice guys ?
Just keep track of stuff for future rounds. That's where an active journal comes in. You'll attract followers and sometimes you'll ask a question or make a comment and that will spin off discussion among other growers on your thread that will give you info you couldn't possibly know to ask.

Also, follow a bunch of other journals and ask questions in them. For example, my clone game sucks, so I started a thread on cloning where I talk about my experiments to share what I learn and in turn others weigh in with comments and suggestions.

Basically we crowd source each others' grows. Most members will add links in their signatures to either their grows or threads they think may be of interest to others. That's a great place to start looking.

hi all, just after a bit of advice please, these are my Northern Lights (photo) planted 30th june so about 4 and a half weeks old. I nipped out the top a week ago, and they are filling out nicely. They have had 2 veg feeds so far. when should I start thinning out, or just leave them be for a while. Ideally, I want to take them another 3 weeks before setting to flower. any advice please ?
s10.jpg
s11.jpg
s12.jpg

hi all, just after a bit of advice please, these are my Northern Lights (photo) planted 30th june so about 4 and a half weeks old. I nipped out the top a week ago, and they are filling out nicely. They have had 2 veg feeds so far. when should I start thinning out, or just leave them be for a while. Ideally, I want to take them another 3 weeks before setting to flower. any advice please ?
s10.jpg
s11.jpg
s12.jpg
I decide veg defoliation case by case... If I'm fighting high RH or possibly trying to get better light to lowers, I'll clip some fans.

Generally, I just top & train while vegging, then clean off all the bushy stuff right before I flip.

good morning all, hope you are all well. I have a few questions plus progress on my grow, I am in the midlands (UK) and its an indoor grow as weather here is crap, and although mid summer, we have had rain every day for 6 weeks now.

The first update are my northern Lights as enquired in my last post. I have 3 photoperiod NL and they are now 6 weeks old. I am experimenting with these to find the best way to grow. One plant hasn't been topped, so all natural, another topped only once, and the third topped twice. I have done it this way to see the difference in the colas and harvest. all plants have had the bottom third reduced as advised for airflow, and the fan leaves taken off for better air and light. I have used a net to spread the branches out as well. All looking good so far, unless you have any advice, temp, humidity, lights and neuts all balanced, and no cirrhosis or crispy leaves.

z4.jpg

My autos ( which I truly buggered up last time my messing with them to much ) are doing well. Not topped or fimmed (which I think I should have fimmed) but I did remove a few fan leaves for better light. There were a few brown marks on a few of the leaves, but I believe it was wind burn. these plants are 5 weeks old, and on Burple lights, I am still feeding them just veg feed, but as flowering, should I switch to flower feed or a bit of both ? humidity and temps all good.

z5.jpg
z6.jpg

and my last question for you all is as follows.
My grow room is quite big and the temp outside the temps (so in the room itself) is a good 25oC plus with 50% humidity, I am thinking of getting rid of the tents and having the lights and fans just in the room so I have more space to work, but can i just use the room as it is or do I HAVE to paint white or use mylar on the walls ? I feel it will get enough light as I have 9 lights?

Thanks for your imput.
z2.jpg
z1.jpg

All looking good so far, unless you have any advice, temp, humidity, lights and neuts all balanced, and no cirrhosis or crispy leaves.
Those plants look a bit hungry. Are you still feeding them partial nutes?

I am still feeding them just veg feed, but as flowering, should I switch to flower feed or a bit of both ? humidity and temps all good.
Yes, switch to flowering nutes.

I am thinking of getting rid of the tents and having the lights and fans just in the room so I have more space to work, but can i just use the room as it is or do I HAVE to paint white or use mylar on the walls ? I feel it will get enough light as I have 9 lights?
You can lose the tent, though it may be easier to control the environment in a smaller, confined space. Mother Nature doesn't paint everything white, so no reason you have to. You'd get a bit better reflectivity if you did but I don't know that it would make  all that much difference.

Nice gardens my UK brother, Very interesting! What compost and fertilizer did you go with? My previous grow was in compost and im tempted to do it again it was the simplest grow with decent results. Only thing I would change is my npk ratio in flower.

I think your autos look like their ready to start some flower feeds..

and for running no tent it means you'll probably have to do some light work on the house? For hanging and stuff.. I prefer tents as it makes everything easier to control.. plus I have two tents and one just hermied.. id be worse off if everything was together. ✌️

Back
Top Bottom