Can anyone identify this pathogen?

Ok it's been about a week and there are some things I have seen improve but, overall it's still spreading.
Even the top of the plant is affected.
I really think it's a disease or due to underfeeding that just went on too long before it was outwardly apparent.

If I can track down the article/disease I was reading up on I'll note it.
Whatever it is doesn't seem to be affecting growth much if at all.
I mean I didn't expect things to go perfectly.
This is actually shittons better than my first grow years ago. I'm pleasantly surprised it's gone this well.
Just would be nice to have something to reference for my notes.

@BemBies
No if anything she's been underfed for a very long time. If you check my first post.

Alright, seeing as how its been over a week since I transplanted, it didn't seem to be root bound, and thw symptoms have gotten progressively worse..
I'm leaning toward Alternaria leaf spot.
The more I observe, the more this makes sense.
Such as the spots being worse after a humid day or spreading severely at night.
Although I'm glad I didn't kill feminized seeds its still disappointing as it could have been a bitchin plant at its full potential.
So I may strongly reconsider a grow tent.
Although the sun will always produce superior yields.
We have PG&E though so financially indoor might kill me unless I get a commercial/distribution license.

For anyone unfamiliar with them as a utility provider they basically charge you increased rates during "peak hours".
Those hours are basically the normal hours in which most humans function.
Our first bill for a 2 bed 1 bath apartment (2 adults 2 kids) $400.
Just being aware of their rates; I may have even used less electricity than I have in any other similar apartment.
Previously, even being super careless my bill has never been near that much.
I digress, apologies. I tend to do that.

Anyway. I'll probably keep it going just to see until I get my seeds and other supplies and sanitize everything.
I'll definitely share the outcome but probably won't end up sharing the journal on this grow. Maybe the next.

Alternaria (from google images)

My plant today
0725191905.jpg

Update:
I guess Cannabis plants specifically with alternaria as opposed to other plants need to be discarded.
Not sure how to know for certain although I'm very sure.
So I'll probably end up scrapping it and starting over.

Let's ask @Pennywise to take a look at this before you scrap it. He has far more growing experience than I do.

Alrighty then. I haven't even found a seed bank yet. There's a local nursery I was looking into for clones but, nothing is definite yet.
Also I now believe the PH kit I used may have been defective and I may have a lockout. I'm thinking about putting it in the shower and flushing tomorrow.

Alrighty then. I haven't even found a seed bank yet. There's a local nursery I was looking into for clones but, nothing is definite yet.
Also I now believe the PH kit I used may have been defective and I may have a lockout. I'm thinking about putting it in the shower and flushing tomorrow.

Give it a few hours, and Penny will be on-line.

Looks like serious calcium deficiency, check ph before making any corrections

Yeppers.
First thing I did was check the ph and grab a bottle of cal-mag (fox farms gringo rasta) after getting a second opinion from someone at the hydro/landscaping store. They said for sure calcium deficiency.

Been using it once a week at recommended dose for about a month to no avail.

I also consult that page a lot but the symptoms don't quite fit.

I'm thinking the ph kit may have been off.
Thanks for checking anyway :)

Slowly flush with about 15 gallons of pH 6.5 water, letting it drain through your container. Mix your nutrient solution, adding 50% more cal/mag than is recommended. Keep your nutrient solutions at pH 6.3-6.8. Calcium uptake happens best in the pH range of 6.2 - 6.9. give your plant about 5 gallons of your nutrient solution, and let it drain. Sit back and relax. Check your plant daily to see if it needs more nutrient solution. See Emilya's 'The proper way to water a potted plant' to decide when you need to give it more. A wet/dry cycle is crucial to success and she explains it well.

Keep up the extra 50% cal/mag unless you see signs of calcium excess. In a week check the new growth for signs of nutrient excesses or deficiencies. The current growth will not recover and the blotches will remain. The leaves will still function, so don't cut them away. If they drop off, remove them from the soil to prevent pests and disease.

This is the best I can recommend, as I've never grown cannabis in Miracle Grow.

I put her in the shower and flushed today.
Then I'll start up with the higher dose of calmag.
Regardless the outcome of this plant, this is all still really good info for when I start my quality seeds or clones.
I have actually read many of Emilya's threads :)
I have a bottle of her eggshell calmag almost done fermenting as we speak.
They are really informative and no bs.
(The lesson on watering is probably why I didn't run into issues with my medium early on. Small seedlings get the spoon etc. Not overwatering)

Hah I knew it! I try not to cut any leaves that aren't basically brown all the way because I figured the plant can still use them if there's any life in them.
A friend came and told me they should all go asap and it NEEDS to be lollipopped so the energy can go to the top.
I got some thick flower on the bottom most shoots. I ain't cutting off that thick colca. Because of his preference..

I told my fiance that miracle gro was not the best choice.
There are better "cheap" mediums out there. What bugs is he can afford to splurge.
He wants good weed with little to no effort.
He loves smoking but admittedly isn't interested in the growing process.
I don't smoke or use it at all but I want to learn as much as I can.
I plan on starting a compost bin here soon.

I'm probably wrong but isn't it 3x the amount of water as soil.
For 16 gal would it be 48 gal of water?
Or was I misinformed?
Can't remember where I read it.

I'm probably wrong but isn't it 3x the amount of water as soil.
For 16 gal would it be 48 gal of water?
Or was I misinformed?
Can't remember where I read it.
This is one of those cases where more is better - to a point. I went by your old 5 gal pail, so yes 48 gal will do the trick.

Just a quick update.
I did a flush. Took two people to move after that.
Did a feed heavy on the calmag.
Most of the plant is still affected other than the very top growth.
Four weeks into flower.
The buds seems to fatten significantly each day with the main cola being about two thumbs wide and the rest are about a thumbs thickness.
Still a ways to go with all the white pistils.
I know final yields will suffer from whatever is going on but I'm relatively satisfied with progress anyway.
I'm definitely going to keep this in mind next time and start feeding sooner.
Probably get a water filter because I have a feeling this has a lot to do with our very hard water.

Back
Top Bottom