Can anyone identify what this is?

I changed the water in the res following that diagram @Chris Scorpio
PH is between 5.5-6 (it's a colour tester)

and I have thought about an iron or mag deficiency but both of those are in my nutes and I've been adding the recommended amount so couldn't see why it's being locked out

my only other thought is calcium deficiency but I honestly have no idea

im hoping that changing and reducing the nutes helps out abit

Hiya buddy sorry to see your dramas there. Scorpio is right, too strong nutes are causing micro lockout. Looks like iron/boron type deficiency.well that is what it is but it's not caused by a lack of anything. It's too much of everything else that s blocking it out.
Golden rule of growing, never, ever, ever, ever, ever follow the nutrient manufacturers recomendations or listen to a single word they say. They know as much about growing weed as I know about being a millionaire.
Plants that size only need 400ppm feed. Thats usually about quarter of the manufacturers guidelines.
I'm not familiar with those nutes so cant advise without a ppm meter but sure I seen someone there who uses them.
Really not a good idea to grow without a ppm meter. It tells you exactly how strong to make the feed. Just follow the number.
If it goes up the nutes are too strong.
If it drops they're too week.
If it stays the same or drops just slightly then the feed is spot on.
By doing it that way, when you get signs of deficit you know it actually is a deficit so can add more of whatever accordingly.
Bottoms go yellow you up the base nutes.
Tops to yellow like that, you up the micro.
Mids lose colour and go patchy or you get rusty spots then up the calmag.
Shit turns purple in bloom they need some pk booster.
If you follow the ppm rule and keep the ph in range then that's literally all that can possibly go wrong. The ph stays pretty well behaved when the feed strength is on point too.
Oh and someone said already but you really shouldn't go more than about 10 days without a res change. Can cause all sorts of wierd, hard to diagnose side effects.
Hope that s helpful buddy. Feel free to tag me if you have any questions.

Hiya buddy sorry to see your dramas there. Scorpio is right, too strong nutes are causing micro lockout. Looks like iron/boron type deficiency.well that is what it is but it's not caused by a lack of anything. It's too much of everything else that s blocking it out.
Golden rule of growing, never, ever, ever, ever, ever follow the nutrient manufacturers recomendations or listen to a single word they say. They know as much about growing weed as I know about being a millionaire.
Plants that size only need 400ppm feed. Thats usually about quarter of the manufacturers guidelines.
I'm not familiar with those nutes so cant advise without a ppm meter but sure I seen someone there who uses them.
Really not a good idea to grow without a ppm meter. It tells you exactly how strong to make the feed. Just follow the number.
By doing it that way, when you get signs of deficit you know it actually is a deficit so can add more of whatever accordingly.
If you follow the ppm rule and keep the ph in range then that's literally all that can possibly go wrong. The ph stays pretty well behaved when the feed strength is on point too.
Oh and someone said already but you really shouldn't go more than about 10 days without a res change. Can cause all sorts of wierd, hard to diagnose side effects.

Well said my friend
:thumb::headbanger:

Thanks a lot, it's nice to finally get some good feedback and advice by all of you guys on this thread,
I've been following manufacturers guidelines on both the nutes and when to change the water (they say every two weeks)

thanks for the good notes, I'm gonna keep following that diagram @Chris Scorpio suggested which is just under half of what I've been giving them.

like I said I thought about it being iron but I just assumed because they were in the nutes it's getting it I didn't even thing that it would get locked out especially because I thought I was giving them the proper amount (manufacturers recommended amount)

I'll keep you guys posted and let you know of reducing the nutes makes a difference and I'll change out the nutes about every week/week and a half

I'm hoping that is all it is just a micro nutrient lockout of iron/boron cause if so I hopefully fixed that

I'll keep an eye on the new growth and let you all know if that fixes it or if its something else

Thanks again for all the feed back and advice if anyone has any other suggestions or recommendations I'm always open to hearing new advice

It does look like iron Def and it is iron Def. The thing is though. Nutrients react with eachother and basically make wierd shit happen in the media. Lock outs, toxicity, Hermies. And 101 other wierd things can be caused by the way this in turn effects the pH.
Roots have a certain level of intelligence. The plant sends them signals telling them what nutrients to absorb and when to absorb them. Everything else gets left behind and builds up if you don't water properly. Once they build up, the higher concentrations take over and block out the smaller concentrations. In a nutshell anyway. Not an exact science but it's close enough lol.

you think? I'm just going off of the back of the bottle,.. Its been fine all the way up till recently
like plants didn't start showing these problems till about just over a month ago and they were receiving the same nutes back then as they are now

plus I have another plant getting the exact same amount of nutes exact same strain and same ph and it's totally fine
View media item 1670537
I will cut back on the Nutes but I'm afraid that's not the issue
also none of these look like Nute burn which you would get if there was too much nutes you know

Hi , just thumbing through this thread and want to chime in with a thumbs up for Pennywise and Camero! Between them I am having total success with my first maturing plant. They advised me to approach my autoflowering plants (like the song says), and furnish her nutesnutrient schedule with a "Slow Hand" and an "Easy Touch". And give it a weekly water change. (I am staying 20 to 30 °/° under what the label states) and as small as she is, it's drinking about a pint per day and growing strong!!!

Here is the little darling.
20190412_210211.jpg

Hey everyone I've been posting a few threads and no ones been saying anything helpful or helping me solve this problem

my ph is usually at 5.5 I have it at 6 right now
18/6 light schedule
topped 3 times and have 8 main Colas growing
been using flora 3 part nutrient solution (gro,micro, and bloom)
it's in the Rainforest 66 hydroponic/aeroponic system from general hydroponics
I have a fan circulating sir in the tent and an online duct fan bringing air in

using an LED 300W Mars led as it's a 3 x 3 space pretty well so it's all the light needed

I do not have a ppm reader as it broke but their shouldn't be that much as I only need to put 1/4 of a cap full of my ph down to get it to the correct ph and following instructions on the nutrient solution tsp per gallon

anyone have any ideas or recommendations! Please help I wanna throw into flower soon but want to fix this problem first.
View media item 1666889
View media item 1666890
View media item 1666891
View media item 1666888
View media item 1667742
View media item 1667744
View media item 1667745
View media item 1667743
View media item 1667746
View media item 1667747
View media item 1667748

These are photos I took a couple weeks ago I can take some more with a white light upon request they pretty much look the same just more sporty and some of the yellowing spots are starting to turn reddish orangish on the odd leaf any help please!!

Can't see much under the purple light mate

Back
Top Bottom