Can anyone help cuttings don't look good

Dani smoke

Took cutting Saturday done the right way I presume, off the very healthy mother streight into water them into clonex then into the rockwool cube sprinkes lightly with mycorrhizae powder, watering cubes to keep em moist with phd water 5.8 under a 300w dual spectrum CFL they seemed ok now they don't look ok to me

Attachments

• IMG_20181011_165949.jpg
    IMG_20181011_165949.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20181011_165939.jpg
    IMG_20181011_165939.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 65
Maybe trim back those largest leaves a bit. There isn’t any roots to feed them. Never had any luck with rockwool personally so can’t help there. I root my clones under very little light. Right now a 35w T5 fluorescent. I use an areo cloner and have only had one fail to root out of at least 40.

Have fun!

:passitleft:

I'm on my first grow, so look before leaping, but I haven't been able to kill clones. They're like Tribbles around here.

I'd leave the dome off and not saturate them after the first 2 or 3 days. If they don't show some sign of improving in a day, day and a half, consider backing the light off a little and monitoring again.

Have a read through my journal to see how I do it. If anything it might get you to realize they don't want coddling, they like/need it a little rough. :cool:

Don't give up on them, they've bounced back from worse, here. I'd consider a little closer to neutral Ph too, at this stage. Would you like a wound doused in a lemon juice solution, even a mild one?

Took cutting Saturday done the right way I presume, off the very healthy mother streight into water them into clonex then into the rockwool cube sprinkes lightly with mycorrhizae powder, watering cubes to keep em moist with phd water 5.8 under a 300w dual spectrum CFL they seemed ok now they don't look ok to me
With the information you provide, It's almost impossible to help, but i'm wondering is you soaked your cubes in ph 5.2 water, overnight, before putting clones into them. I'm also wondering if you shook the water out of the cubes, before inserting clones. How are you watering them. I set my cloner, similar to yours in my veg tent, and it only receives low indirect light, for maybe 3 days. Are you misting the inside of your dome 2x3 times per day. After about 4-5 days, I completely remove the dome. I've never put Great white mycorrhizae on my cubes, but don't see it as problem. over time, I have grew many strains, and you'll run into some, that just resist cloning.

Well I hate to say this but the description I read is just a bad recipe...like you have done a lot of reading and research on your own but no one to guide you.

Cloning is super simple and you have over complicated it and missed the important stuff. The stuff that makes cloning works you kinda skipped. You went straight to doing the stuff you do after the clone has roots.

Like I said you have the process wrong.

To begin with think about what that fungus does that you have added. It can't do a thin at all now can it right? Why waste it on the rock wool and even if you do it at the right step it doesn't help for some time.

But I digress

You do not need nor want that much light on your clones for almost the first week. You can but really for 3 days in a humid chamber is all they need ...and it doesnt matter what they are in. The first few days they look like shit and almost die and you keep them alive for over a week on reverse transpiration in a humidity chamber.

After they overcome the shock and start growing they still wont have roots and need to stay in the chamber. And no amount of light really matters. If you pulled a good clone photosynthesis is secondary to what it is doing.

After they clone and have roots then you can add fungus in a meaningful way.

But rockwood, peat plugs, perlite...doesn't matter. Clean it right and it all clones the same. When I was turning em over fast I would clone directly in water like DWC. Super fast turn over but more work.

Keep the clone in a humid spot with low light and it will be happy eventually.

With the information you provide, It's almost impossible to help, but i'm wondering is you soaked your cubes in ph 5.2 water, overnight, before putting clones into them. I'm also wondering if you shook the water out of the cubes, before inserting clones. How are you watering them. I set my cloner, similar to yours in my veg tent, and it only receives low indirect light, for maybe 3 days. Are you misting the inside of your dome 2x3 times per day. After about 4-5 days, I completely remove the dome. I've never put Great white mycorrhizae on my cubes, but don't see it as problem. over time, I have grew many strains, and you'll run into some, that just resist cloning.
Great white is awesome. I get roots in 6 days with that only in my cloner. Transplant from cloner to dirt in 8 days total.

Theve all got loads of good strong roots just could look happier to begin with but hey man thanks for Ur info IL keep that in mind although I do have to say I do think the great white made a big difference to root size n strength

If they have loads of strong roots then I misunderstood the question.

If you have roots then this is a totaly different thread than I understood.

But there is no value on the root fungus till you move it to a medium with nutrients.

They should not get nutes for a while. So the fungus isnt helping anything yet. This is a great example of not understanding what is happening, seeing typical results and thinking they are great because cannabis is strong. But the fungus does not help anything until it can work. .itay look like it has but it has a specific function. It doesnt bake birthday cakes.

And what roots is meaningless. How badly stained they are is irrelevant.

If you are a poor grower you want them white because you cant tell what root rot is early enough.

If you you are an experienced grower you know the color of your roots is well understood to be a product of the chemicals you choose to use. The cal mag I use staines them very dark. It it not a problem.because I now how to spot rot.

Good luck. It will come to you if you keep at it. This is simple stuff.

Back
Top Bottom