Clones doing nothing

Helpaguyout

So iv had this befor
It tryed in soil, cubes coco plugs and just water
So times they just do nothing they don't wilt shrivle or die

Iv got some currently sat in a Mason jar of water with an air stone in and 24h light there just sat there think its been around 14 days they look OK other than a little slime on the tips where they wher cut

What can i do do i wait or put into soil/plugs cheers all

Are they growing? When you take the cutting, cut the existing leaves in half. That not only helps them root, but you can easily see if they are growing new leaves on top. New leaves instead of roots means too much light. Do you have any pictures?

I'll get some
I don't think iv got any new growth
Think the build is 100w
Can the leaves be cut now or am I too late

humidity with clones is the most common cause for extended time rooting.
I have left cuttings feathered at the end in water for 6 weeks on a window.
Water changed once maybe twice and always got roots.
If you want a fast turn around.A dome and keeping the humidity high.
And spraying on a reg , step by step guides on here sure some one will
point one out for you. ;)

Assuming you live somewhere that has a reasonable climate (in other words, not as dry as the lunar surface)... Cut off a small, green branch end, 3" to 4" in length, with foliage. As an experiment, loosely wrap it in a damp paper towel and stick it in your refrigerator. Pull it back out when it has just begun to be "wilty." Mix some sort of "non-agressive" soil, perlite, and vermiculite at a 1:blushsmile:1 ratio. Fill a cup with it; tap the cup on your sink two or three times to settle out the air pockets, but do not TAMP it down. Using a sharp, sterile razor blade, recut the end at a steep angle. Use something that is ever so slightly larger in diameter than your stem (which is probably somewhat flaccid) to make a hole in your mix approximately an inch deep. Gently insert the stem. Does it look like a miserable green wet noodle, lol? Good - water it in well, then stick it somewhere that gets gentle light (a non-Southern window sill, or a non-Northern one if you live south of the equator might work, depending on temperature). Leave for a couple of hours. If it has regained tugor - if it is now standing upright instead of having the appearance of a wet noodle - it should root, in time. Wait until the thing begins to droop again, and water the soil mixture well (again).

By the way, chucking your cutting into the refrigerator for a few hours is NOT necessary. Reason for suggesting you do so is that you've stated you're having difficulty. And if you stick a bare cutting that is somewhat wilted into such a mixture, water it well... and it no longer has that wilted look after (at most) a couple of hours, this is a sign that you've got a decent end on the stem, it's not positioned in an air pocket, etc., and has successfully begun taking in moisture. And that you'll probably end up with a rooted clone.

The state of the potential mother plant (the nutrition it has been receiving) is also a factor.

Assuming you live somewhere that has a reasonable climate (in other words, not as dry as the lunar surface)... Cut off a small, green branch end, 3" to 4" in length, with foliage. As an experiment, loosely wrap it in a damp paper towel and stick it in your refrigerator. Pull it back out when it has just begun to be "wilty." Mix some sort of "non-agressive" soil, perlite, and vermiculite at a 1:blushsmile:1 ratio. Fill a cup with it; tap the cup on your sink two or three times to settle out the air pockets, but do not TAMP it down. Using a sharp, sterile razor blade, recut the end at a steep angle. Use something that is ever so slightly larger in diameter than your stem (which is probably somewhat flaccid) to make a hole in your mix approximately an inch deep. Gently insert the stem. Does it look like a miserable green wet noodle, lol? Good - water it in well, then stick it somewhere that gets gentle light (a non-Southern window sill, or a non-Northern one if you live south of the equator might work, depending on temperature). Leave for a couple of hours. If it has regained tugor - if it is now standing upright instead of having the appearance of a wet noodle - it should root, in time. Wait until the thing begins to droop again, and water the soil mixture well (again).

By the way, chucking your cutting into the refrigerator for a few hours is NOT necessary. Reason for suggesting you do so is that you've stated you're having difficulty. And if you stick a bare cutting that is somewhat wilted into such a mixture, water it well... and it no longer has that wilted look after (at most) a couple of hours, this is a sign that you've got a decent end on the stem, it's not positioned in an air pocket, etc., and has successfully begun taking in moisture. And that you'll probably end up with a rooted clone.

The state of the potential mother plant (the nutrition it has been receiving) is also a factor.
Wow thanks for that, really informative the mother is in good health i think growing really well its about 1.2m across and heavily trained

IMG_20220705_132712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom