Can anyone help me out here?

Young connoissuer

420 Member
I got this plant almost a week ago the crown was shorter. It’s clawing.. It’s growing though, showing swelling in pods and new hair growth. I don’t have any ph meter or lights or anything just going by the sun day and night. I’m ordering a setup the first of the month. I’m just trying to cure from symptoms. So far I’ve got possible overwatering when transplanted, nitrogen toxicity, but there’s really no dark green leaves, and possibly just the strain of sativa it is?? Also unknown strain. Any help is greatly thankful!!
659F1778-CAC6-4F83-8B64-B35AC85A3385.jpeg

I got this plant almost a week ago the crown was shorter. It’s clawing.. It’s growing though, showing swelling in pods and new hair growth. I don’t have any ph meter or lights or anything just going by the sun day and night. I’m ordering a setup the first of the month. I’m just trying to cure from symptoms. So far I’ve got possible overwatering when transplanted, nitrogen toxicity, but there’s really no dark green leaves, and possibly just the strain of sativa it is?? Also unknown strain. Any help is greatly thankful!!
659F1778-CAC6-4F83-8B64-B35AC85A3385.jpeg
Hello @Young connoissuer welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Cute lady.
I assume she is in soil?
Do you let it dry out in-between watering?
Do you lift the pot to judge water weight left 8n the pot?
Do you have any nutrients?
Even a cheep t5 fluorescent bulb would help with heat and light energy.

Stay safe.
Bill

That would be much appreciated!! This is my first grow. I’ve watched my cousin grow multiple successful harvests since I was young. They were really fat stinky buds. He gave me excellent knowledge about cannabis plants, I Just had yet to start my own grow. Now that it’s legalized in my state I can without the paranoia and backlash. To learning!!!!

Cute lady.
I assume she is in soil?

Stay safe.
Bill
I had actually just transplanted and think I used to much water mixed with bad clumpy soil, but I did retransplant into dry good soil gave it a couple days and gave a little bit of water now it’s just a waiting game. it does get a bit cold at night but I try to be sure to catch the temp and adjust accordingly to where it stays warm. Also it had a lot of leaves on it when I first got it, so I tried a few but does it need more gone to put to new growth?? It really had alot.

Cute lady.
I assume she is in soil?

Stay safe.
Bill
Oh and I’m just using the suns timing and molasses 1 teaspoon to a gal. watering every 2-3 days sometimes 4 if pots are still heavy

Oh and I’m just using the suns timing and molasses 1 teaspoon to a gal. watering every 2-3 days sometimes 4 if pots are still heavy
Don't take off any more leaves.
Let the soil dry right out before watering again.
You will need a nutrient line asap.
@GeoFlora Nutrients would be great for you.
Easy to use and has everything she needs.
Check our sponsors for a great deal on any equipment you need this weekend. Black Friday sales.

Stay safe
Bill

seedfinder.eu website maintains a database of 20,000 known cannabis strain crosses; since it all looks like cannabis - attempting to identify a stain by eyesight is not a worthy endeavor.

most strains are hybrid crosses… part indica / part sativa

she looks pretty good so far :D

welcome aboard!
That is very true! It’s definite hybrid, but you can tell sativa dominance forsure.

Did the soil have any nutrients in it? Sorry if you said what soil it was just wondering if it has time release nutrients or anything. Just be aware of whats in the soil when you go to add. I think the main issue is it just isn't drinking very fast due to low light and temps. As this lady is already flowering,, I would focus on supplemental light. Maybe a couple cfl lights or a flourecent tube as mentioned. It doesn't take much but it will help a lot. Look for bulbs that have a lower K rating (warm/red) that will be better for flowering. Like 2700 3000K.

One last consideration, make sure the duration of light it gets from the sun isn't too long as it could be forcing reveg. I don't remember exactly what that looks like but depending on hours of sun you get it is something to consider

Did the soil have any nutrients in it? Sorry if you said what soil it was just wondering if it has time release nutrients or anything. Just be aware of whats in the soil when you go to add. I think the main issue is it just isn't drinking very fast due to low light and temps. As this lady is already flowering,, I would focus on supplemental light. Maybe a couple cfl lights or a flourecent tube as mentioned. It doesn't take much but it will help a lot. Look for bulbs that have a lower K rating (warm/red) that will be better for flowering. Like 2700 3000K.

One last consideration, make sure the duration of light it gets from the sun isn't too long as it could be forcing reveg. I don't remember exactly what that looks like but depending on hours of sun you get it is something to consider
The soil was a black gold type brand. I remember it being pretty good from when my cousin grew. And I had given the previous soil I transplanted it too coffee grounds months before transplant from a previous fruit plant, then it was already watered when given to me and watered after transplant I think I overwatered and im pretty sure might be what caused clawing from nitrogen toxicity, but transplanted to new pot and diff soil. dry soil. the same black gold but tht was without the coffee grounds this time. And im going to give regular water soon no nutes just to flush for a bit then giving the regular molasses feed.

The soil was a black gold type brand. I remember it being pretty good from when my cousin grew. And I had given the previous soil I transplanted it too coffee grounds months before transplant from a previous fruit plant, then it was already watered when given to me and watered after transplant I think I overwatered and im pretty sure might be what caused clawing from nitrogen toxicity, but transplanted to new pot and diff soil. dry soil. the same black gold but tht was without the coffee grounds this time. And im going to give regular water soon no nutes just to flush for a bit then giving the regular molasses feed.
Good morning @Young connoissuer hope you are well.
Don't put in coffee grounds anymore.
She is in flower.
Coffee is full of nitrogen, she only needs a minimal amount now.
Make sure you let her dry in between watering.
It can take 3-4 days depending on root structure.

Stay safe
Bill

I had actually just transplanted and think I used to much water mixed with bad clumpy soil, but I did retransplant into dry good soil gave it a couple days and gave a little bit of water now it’s just a waiting game. it does get a bit cold at night but I try to be sure to catch the temp and adjust accordingly to where it stays warm. Also it had a lot of leaves on it when I first got it, so I tried a few but does it need more gone to put to new growth?? It really had alot.
Have you considered a low power basking light made for lizards? I live in NY it's gets ballz cold here and it radiates through walls and windows, and the bulb helps keep my closet space warm between 70-85f with two mini fans going to keep it consistent. Just a thought.

So my led for bloom is "red" basking bulb for lizard.....is red... So in theory shouldn't hurt and I'm not sure but shouldn't have any bearing except adding warmth. But the bulb is also good for keeping germinating seeds warm....at $10-$15 a bulb it was worth the try for me... And I have a lizard so if no changes with plant I just have a replacement for him lol

I have 2 little plants about 1 ft and A half rn in the same environment. so it’s kinda hard to adjust things for just one. I have one pretty decently into flowering so far and just don’t want it to reveg. Next grow I’ll experiment though!

Back
Top Bottom