Can anyone tell me what’s going on here please

Kaldean

Hi, iv noticed the lighter colour round the edges of some of the leaves, I’m in the 8-9 week of veg and was starting to worry I’m giving too much nutes , it’s been going on the last couple of weeks and the bigger plant of two is worse, it doesn’t seem bad at the moment but getting concerned I’m doing something wrong, I will attach pics, it’s all the same plant but with flash and different lights on, any help would be very much appreciated, I have a journal if you want to check that out to see exactly what iv been doing, it’s Kakdean, Journal, thank yous for your help :thanks:

AE085D5B-1DF8-4A5E-B281-2B1AC5D69103.jpeg

E8095812-3C8D-4A4F-8502-C93D3949455B.jpeg

AE209E54-B2FA-4DE0-A4EC-23067485644C.jpeg

EBA6B6FD-FCD6-4EA0-B5BC-3501918F0181.jpeg

AD266EFC-84E4-4E65-8182-72A6DE0B14D4.jpeg

magnesium deficiency. Either add cal mag, or Epsom salt. 1 tbl per gallon of water, and mist leafs after lights go out for the night. 1 time per 10 days.

magnesium deficiency. Either add cal mag, or Epsom salt. 1 tbl per gallon of water, and mist leafs after lights go out for the night. 1 time per 10 days.
Thank you @Mayne , for the quick reply :) iv ordered cal mag, do I follow instructions on bottle ? And will it be ok to switch to budding in a week or two with this going on ? And thanks again:thumb:

You could start with 2.5ml/gal CalMag and see if the leaf damage stops progressing. Existing damage will likely not repair.

It shouldn’t take long to get on top of the def. Flipping to flower in a couple weeks will probably be okay.

Yep - CaMg, apply as per label and no more
The plants will recover very quickly so no major worries
Rather than a sudden flip, the plants will respond to a gradual reduction in the light cycle and start producing flowering hormones, so when you do hit 12/12 she's already pumped up and bursting to flower
This will give you a week or two to get everything ship-shape before flower whilst preparing her at the same time

Appears to be a magnesium deficiency, though many times you might have plenty of magnesium in the soil.
Other things can cause the roots to not be able to uptake magnesium.
Roots too cold
pH too low
Roots too wet
Way too much calcium
Or it could just need magnesium.

And a foliar with magnesium is the fastest way to get results if its just low on magnesium.

Thanks yous all for the reply’s , if I ask all my questions here than hopefully yous can all see :) Firstly @FelipeBlu mentions 2.5ml to the gallon, the bottles saying that’s half of what to mix, will it be best to start how @FelipeBlu says, and @Growings, that gradual reduction of light sounds good, gunna do that, thank you:) and @Nunyabiz, I understand what your saying, and I do believe my tents getting coldish at night when lights are off, so it could be something to do with that, going to reverse it while I’m reducing the light so the lights are off during the day, and do you mean spraying the leaves is best, if so, is that along with putting it in the feed water, and I was going to add the cal mag stuff to the water that has the dunks in it, then add the nutes to the same water, and then do I use some of that to spray the plant and water with the rest, is that correct, and I was going to message you @Nunyabiz to let you know the gnats are more or less eliminate, thank you very much for the advise to do the little sods, attacking me aswell wasn’t they:rofl: and thanks yous all for your help, very much appreciated:thumb::thanks:

mentions 2.5ml to the gallon, the bottles saying that’s half of what to mix
Do you know how much calcium and magnesium are in your water? If you’re using RO, which essentially has none, you can safely use the recommended dose on the bottle. But since Mg-def is relatively easy/quick to fix, I usually approach dosing with some caution and start lower. Excess Ca and Mg that aren’t taken up by the plant will only accumulate in the media - possibly leading to other issues..

Do you know how much calcium and magnesium are in your water? If you’re using RO, which essentially has none, you can safely use the recommended dose on the bottle. But since Mg-def is relatively easy/quick to fix, I usually approach dosing with some caution and start lower. Excess Ca and Mg that aren’t taken up by the plant will only accumulate in the media - possibly leading to other issues..
Hi @FelipeBlu and no, haven’t got a clue, just tried to look it up on the local water suppliers but couldn’t find anything, I think your approach is best, start under the recommended dose , like you say, don’t want to cause more problems trying to sort this one out, will go with what you say, thanks for the quick reply :thumb: :thanks:

Can mix a tablespoon of Epsom Salts to a gallon of water and mix in some Aloe Vera or Yucca Extract for a surfactant.
Give them a good soaking every 3 days.
Hi @Nunyabiz , iv got the cal mag today and getting the Epsom salts tomorrow, the plants are ready for watering tonight so I was going with the cal mag and think that what @FelipeBlu said about the smaller dose sounds good, do you agree ? I know Epsom salts so I trust them and will use them as you suggest, just wanted to get something in them ASAP, is what I said about the spraying the leaves correct ? With the adding the cal mag to the dunk water, then the nutes, and using that to spray leaves and water ? And sorry for being a pain and thank you for your help :thumb::thanks:

Hi, iv noticed the lighter colour round the edges of some of the leaves, I’m in the 8-9 week of veg and was starting to worry I’m giving too much nutes , it’s been going on the last couple of weeks and the bigger plant of two is worse, it doesn’t seem bad at the moment but getting concerned I’m doing something wrong, I will attach pics, it’s all the same plant but with flash and different lights on, any help would be very much appreciated, I have a journal if you want to check that out to see exactly what iv been doing, it’s Kakdean, Journal, thank yous for your help :thanks:

She needs magnesium use table.spoon Epsom salt per gallon of water .don't pour it directly on them just pour it around them. Should fix that issue 🤞

She needs magnesium use table.spoon Epsom salt per gallon of water .don't pour it directly on them just pour it around them. Should fix that issue 🤞
That seems to be pictures from my first grow mountainman, don’t know how that’s got there :rofl: And it turned out that it wasn’t a deficiency, the main stem was split where I topped her, I put aloe Vera gel in the split and taped her up, she recovered well and ended up with a good crop:thumb:

That seems to be pictures from my first grow mountainman, don’t know how that’s got there :rofl: And it turned out that it wasn’t a deficiency, the main stem was split where I topped her, I put aloe Vera gel in the split and taped her up, she recovered well and ended up with a good crop:thumb:
Good deal my friend ✌

Looks like she needs potassium magnesium 👌

Back
Top Bottom