Trichome help

That’s what I done with my first grow, cut of the limbs and hung them on a clothes rack in the tent, dried them slow and then cured them for a good month, was really happy with it being I was just winging it and got loads of help on here, would of been a mess if I didn’t find yous :rofl: But now I’m like the thought of hanging the whole plant, sound good:thumb:
I clip the branches off, i want a slightly faster dry time.... I have noticed when the whole plant is hung it gives you an extra 2-4 days of dry time as everything wicks out the ends of the stems and leaves, so I don't want it pulling moisture from the rest of the plant.

Also I use my tent exhaust fan for drying as it's sucking a constant 82f temp from tent and blows it on my swivel set up where the nugz hang.

But either method works just fine.. we all have the same goal in mind 😁

IMG_20220824_062813203.jpg

I normally do a water (RO) flush around the third water and continue every third or four watering, but not at harvest.
Hi @Tokin Roll , what you water 2-3 times with nutes and then water with the RO all the way through the grow ? Cos I was thinking next grow to alternate, water with nutes and then without and so on, but was wondering if the ladies wouldn’t get enough nutrients?

Hang her up.if u can if u have room I hang all mine in my attic it gets 125dagrees up there hot hot
Yep, that’s hot :rofl: I’m in England mountainman, couldn’t get it that hot in the summer with the heating on and some extra radiators:rofl: and I’m just in a flat, so no attic,the hanging the whole plant up intrigued me lol, but I really haven’t got the room, it ended up good last grow so I will cut the branches off and hang it that way in the tent🙂:thumb:

I clip the branches off, i want a slightly faster dry time.... I have noticed when the whole plant is hung it gives you an extra 2-4 days of dry time as everything wicks out the ends of the stems and leaves, so I don't want it pulling moisture from the rest of the plant.

Also I use my tent exhaust fan for drying as it's sucking a constant 82f temp from tent and blows it on my swivel set up where the nugz hang.

But either method works just fine.. we all have the same goal in mind 😁

IMG_20220824_062813203.jpg
Sounds like your found a great way hazmat, and yeah I was thinking about the whole plant with mould, don’t wanna chance that at the end of the grow lol, I’m sure you’d will steer me in the right direction if I run into trouble :thumb: :thanks:

Nice picz.... Take a tester.. do you have a system to speed dry herb? All pistils red... And trichs mixed clear and amber:hmmmm: Id test it for sure.
Hiya hazmat
I use a Carson MicroBrite Plus hand-held microscope with built-in LED light ($13). That way you can see a very clear image of the trichomes... for your eyes... it doesn't take photos.
hi cbdhemp808, I got one of those microscopes you said today, a bit fiddly but when you get a image you sure can see the trichomes can’t ya, iv got just a few amber a few milky and a few clear, so will be watching closely over the next week or so, thank you for steering me in the right direction :thanks: :thumb:

I use my oven it gets down to 170f so I hang it on the rack with a metal clip from bud to rack in oven. And leave door open for 30+45 minutes ....check to see if "dehydrated" ....if not another 30 or so. Anything higher and for longer periods I find to "scorch" the bud ..leaving a nasty flavor behind.

This is what I do to test my buds others may disagree 😁
Scorched it didn’t i hazmat :rofl: but the littler bud I had in the bag was dry, lovely taste to it, fruity, just hope it stays that way until I harvest :thumb:

Hi cbdhemp808, and yeah I took a couple of buds today and put them in a paper bag as you advised, does it need direct sunlight or just the warmth ? And thank you for your help :thanks: :thumb:
The smaller bud I took the other day was pretty dry today, it’s got a lovely fruity taste, hope it stays like that until it’s ready, thank you cbdhemp :thanks: :thumb:

Yep, that’s hot :rofl: I’m in England mountainman, couldn’t get it that hot in the summer with the heating on and some extra radiators:rofl: and I’m just in a flat, so no attic,the hanging the whole plant up intrigued me lol, but I really haven’t got the room, it ended up good last grow so I will cut the branches off and hang it that way in the tent🙂:thumb:
Nothing wrong with that man how.much do you think it will weigh out at . I no hanging whole plant looks good to the eyes then comes clean up.time.took me almost 4 days to clean my last harvest outdoor .my hands were black from resin I got.almost 2 pounds two plants .then. I got to try it was trash I mixed a cbd seed on my sees pack the whole 2 pounds no good all pure cbds 🤦leson.learned I made a rookie mistake by dropping that seed in my pack

Scorched it didn’t i hazmat :rofl: but the littler bud I had in the bag was dry, lovely taste to it, fruity, just hope it stays that way until I harvest :thumb:
Hahaha sorry about that friend... I've never had a problem....even forgetting it in there for a bit lol 😂.....but did ya still smoke it ?

But glad you had a piece to try that was dry....lovely fruity taste sounds good in my book :)

I guess it depends on the nutes you use too .most are salt based .salt builds up in the soil.if u don't.flush that out it can cause issues ✌🤙
Hi people, I’m growing godfather og and I’m 64 days into flower, iv noticed on one plant some amber trichomes, but can’t get a clear picture on the other plant, I’m going to add some pictures to see if anyone can make out if I’m ready for harvest, going to start watering with just ph water from now on and any help would be very much appreciated, thank yous :thumb:

0FB8F3C6-6B17-4B83-AEAD-DE050C31D188.jpeg

8D1E9C6C-B6B4-4DF1-8BC0-AEF6C54445E5.jpeg

B107B876-F170-44E4-B799-598F723D22B2.jpeg

7001C941-5F83-490E-89FC-EFE7E8277CA2.jpeg

02732540-D329-463A-ABEC-584395546E53.jpeg

4E38F6CC-8B09-41A7-9C84-41C1A6A264EB.jpeg

5644C383-4DA8-4E84-A5F4-8FF183A4CE71.jpeg
What strain did you run they look awesome

Hi people, I’m growing godfather og and I’m 64 days into flower, iv noticed on one plant some amber trichomes, but can’t get a clear picture on the other plant, I’m going to add some pictures to see if anyone can make out if I’m ready for harvest, going to start watering with just ph water from now on and any help would be very much appreciated, thank yous :thumb:

0FB8F3C6-6B17-4B83-AEAD-DE050C31D188.jpeg

8D1E9C6C-B6B4-4DF1-8BC0-AEF6C54445E5.jpeg

B107B876-F170-44E4-B799-598F723D22B2.jpeg

7001C941-5F83-490E-89FC-EFE7E8277CA2.jpeg

02732540-D329-463A-ABEC-584395546E53.jpeg

4E38F6CC-8B09-41A7-9C84-41C1A6A264EB.jpeg

5644C383-4DA8-4E84-A5F4-8FF183A4CE71.jpeg
Godfather of sorry man. So many threads on here trying to.check all them.out 🤦🤣

hi cbdhemp808, I got one of those microscopes you said today, a bit fiddly but when you get a image you sure can see the trichomes can’t ya, iv got just a few amber a few milky and a few clear, so will be watching closely over the next week or so, thank you for steering me in the right direction
Yeah, it's fiddly. One thing that helps is to pre-focus... i.e. just set it on a table cloth and dial in the focus on the cloth threads. Then when you are examining buds on your plants, don't use the focus knob... just move it slightly in/out to bring the trichomes into view. I made some more comments about all this in another thread, HERE.

Hahaha sorry about that friend... I've never had a problem....even forgetting it in there for a bit lol 😂.....but did ya still smoke it ?

But glad you had a piece to try that was dry....lovely fruity taste sounds good in my book :)
Yeah hazmat, tried it, if you can imagine chewing on some wet burnt hay, then that’s what it tasted like :rofl: I’m just kidding, I think it’s cos I didn’t know what I was really doing and I tried a very small bud, just tasted twiggy I guess, but yeah the other bit tasted really nice, kind of sweet and fruity, but not too strong if you get me, really nice:blunt:

Liquid nutes don't.build up in the soil like salt.based does you should be good on that
Ole right, didn’t know that, thank you once again, I’m definitely over doing it cos all the tips of the leafs are burnt, I’m guessing it because of the nutes, but if that’s the most it will do and not cause no problems in the soil then it’s all good :thanks: 🙂

Ole right, didn’t know that, thank you once again, I’m definitely over doing it cos all the tips of the leafs are burnt, I’m guessing it because of the nutes, but if that’s the most it will do and not cause no problems in the soil then it’s all good :thanks: 🙂
Looks healthy tho just tad bit nuts burn not enough to hurt you can be ajusted. I no your on it like stink.on shit😂😂 for real they are gorgeous tho

Yeah, it's fiddly. One thing that helps is to pre-focus... i.e. just set it on a table cloth and dial in the focus on the cloth threads. Then when you are examining buds on your plants, don't use the focus knob... just move it slightly in/out to bring the trichomes into view. I made some more comments about all this in another thread, HERE.
That’s exactly what I did cbdhemp, I used the bud I pulled off the other day, put it in the table focused and sort of rocked my whole head with the scope to get a clear view, very small movements and got a lovely view, just read that link you sent cos I was thinking how am I going to do it on the plant, will be using your method, great little microscope when you get the image, thank you again :adore: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom