Trichome help

I've become somewhat of a mold expert, being that I live in mold central here in wet, tropical Hawaii. I would say I typically harvest early, and I'm very happy to get a harvest of mostly milky trichomes w/ a few amber. If there is a way for me to go beyond and get more amber, I'm all for it, but it will probably take a foliar spray of beneficial microbes and clearing vegetation around my greenhouses.

Here's what I posted yesterday about dealing with mold and bud rot: CLICK HERE

good luck & happy growing! 🪴
Your more than welcome good vibes ✌👊🤙

Hi people, I’m growing godfather og and I’m 64 days into flower, iv noticed on one plant some amber trichomes, but can’t get a clear picture on the other plant, I’m going to add some pictures to see if anyone can make out if I’m ready for harvest, going to start watering with just ph water from now on and any help would be very much appreciated, thank yous :thumb: :thanks:

6F228163-00A9-48E2-9806-7AC69405537A.jpeg

885DC43B-6A2C-4ED4-8242-827ECBB7BD5A.jpeg

F5290C46-60EC-48C6-9CA6-1A76A31163B3.jpeg

41B8321F-64B2-4D16-B8D6-66C6205D3014.jpeg

795AAAB8-4CCE-4A7B-BFE1-089FECE29F6E.jpeg

B0E5BFEC-262A-42C8-8977-3F100741742C.jpeg

D75041BD-F7BB-40E4-867A-14836A4DF65D.jpeg

28F977D7-4C50-4335-96CC-AFFA45AF9D41.jpeg

78003EAF-FBE8-4988-AD06-B329ED31C7A5.jpeg
She's not ready yet still a lot clear trics some turning milky give her another week or two u see huge difference

I use my oven it gets down to 170f so I hang it on the rack with a metal clip from bud to rack in oven. And leave door open for 30+45 minutes ....check to see if "dehydrated" ....if not another 30 or so. Anything higher and for longer periods I find to "scorch" the bud ..leaving a nasty flavor behind.

This is what I do to test my buds others may disagree 😁
Thank you hazmat, will give that a go tomorrow after lights on, I took a couple of small buds today and put them in a paper bag, will take one tomorrow and hopefully not set it alight in the oven :rofl: Thank you for the help, very much appreciated:thanks:

I'm working toward building a drying room, but for now I am drying in paper bags on a table in the greenhouse, in the sun. They will be dry in about 4 days of this. I also throw some silica gel packs in the jar to get them nice and crispy, which is what I prefer for the grinder. You can also use a food dehydrator on the low setting... my friend has one w/ low setting of 90°F.
Hi cbdhemp808, and yeah I took a couple of buds today and put them in a paper bag as you advised, does it need direct sunlight or just the warmth ? And thank you for your help :thanks: :thumb:

U won't regret it I was always told when its time to.cut her give her another week .your very welcome I enjoy helping others all I can anytime my friend👊🤙
That sounds like good advice Mountainman, I will definitely leave it a little longer, when I ready to harvest I will hold off for another week, thank you for the advice, very much appreciated :thanks: :thumb:

Hi cbdhemp808, and yeah I took a couple of buds today and put them in a paper bag as you advised, does it need direct sunlight or just the warmth ? And thank you for your help :thanks: :thumb:
In my situation, direct sunlight is the best, because we have a lot of humidity. The bag is basically serving as protection from the direct rays, but also as a mini drying chamber that gets hot. I actually punch some small holes in the bottom of the bag and lay it on it's side, so there are also some air currents happening inside the bag.

Do u have a attic or closet u don't use if u do hang her upside down let her dry slow it be fire smoke 😊
What the whole plant ? Iv seen them do it on a huge scale but thought that cutting the branches was the best way, iv just got the tent I’m growing in, 1mx1mx2x, would that be good enough ?

I've become somewhat of a mold expert, being that I live in mold central here in wet, tropical Hawaii. I would say I typically harvest early, and I'm very happy to get a harvest of mostly milky trichomes w/ a few amber. If there is a way for me to go beyond and get more amber, I'm all for it, but it will probably take a foliar spray of beneficial microbes and clearing vegetation around my greenhouses.

Here's what I posted yesterday about dealing with mold and bud rot: CLICK HERE

good luck & happy growing! 🪴
Just checked out your pictures of early bud rot on the link you put up, that’s definitely what I was getting in the first grow I did, I was removing the buds each day when I spotted it, after I removed about 4, I harvested early, gave them a peroxide wash with the 3 buckets, one with clean water, one with just lemon juice and one with the peroxide, did the trick and was a nice clean smoke, I got the advise on here , love the help yous give, thank yous all :thanks:

What the whole plant ? Iv seen them do it on a huge scale but thought that cutting the branches was the best way, iv just got the tent I’m growing in, 1mx1mx2x, would that be good enough ?
U can cut all.her limbs off hang them upside down with yarn or string .as for hanging in ur tent you could use that may need the exhaust system to keep air flow around all ur buds it should dry in their . I no baking will dry it like u said makes it taste bad scorth or just absorbs the smell of anything its close to when its drying out

Oh no bud rot do u have plenty air flow to ur girls u shouldn't be getting bud rot unless it rains.week straight humidity rises I lost a lot of bud to rot bummer .I wish u good vibes as well 👊🤙
Yeah it was the early stages of bud rot, that was my first grow, didn’t have much air flow and humidity was way to high, it got much more air flow this time but humidity still on the high side, it’s in the high 50’s, would like to get it down to 40’s, do I need more fans to get me there ?

You are very close to harvest, maybe another week.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Hi Tokin Roll, I remember you helped me with my first grow didn’t you 🙂 I was very happy with the outcome, so iv gone for the godfather this time in i:rofl: and thank you once again, will start to feed with plain water from now on, iv read somewhere that in the Coco mix stuff I’m using it will flush In about 7 or just over days, so hopefully it will all go well, thank you:thumb::thanks:

In my situation, direct sunlight is the best, because we have a lot of humidity. The bag is basically serving as protection from the direct rays, but also as a mini drying chamber that gets hot. I actually punch some small holes in the bottom of the bag and lay it on it's side, so there are also some air currents happening inside the bag.
Ole right, would I be able to put the bag in my tent with my plants ? The tent gets to about 80- 85, would that work ?

U can cut all.her limbs off hang them upside down with yarn or string .as for hanging in ur tent you could use that may need the exhaust system to keep air flow around all ur buds it should dry in their . I no baking will dry it like u said makes it taste bad scorth or just absorbs the smell of anything its close to when its drying out
That’s what I done with my first grow, cut of the limbs and hung them on a clothes rack in the tent, dried them slow and then cured them for a good month, was really happy with it being I was just winging it and got loads of help on here, would of been a mess if I didn’t find yous :rofl: But now I’m like the thought of hanging the whole plant, sound good:thumb:

Flushing is a funny thing; some say you need to do it and the other say it is not necessary.
Hi tokin roll, and yeah I’m with ya, can’t remember who sent me something about this when I was doing my first grow, there’s been tests done with flushing and without flushing, and it’s been proven that flushing does nothing, and it can also deprive the plant if some of the nutrients it needs, but I thought I would just do it this time, and iv definitely been giving them too much nutrients, just checked the links you sent about mistakes made by first time growers, think iv nailed all of those :rofl: it says don’t give them nutrients every feed, I have been lol, Ole well :rofl: I might get it right by the time I hit my 100th grow :rofl: I think I will give them just ph’d water next feed and see where I go from there, thank you for the info:thanks::thumb:

That’s what I done with my first grow, cut of the limbs and hung them on a clothes rack in the tent, dried them slow and then cured them for a good month, was really happy with it being I was just winging it and got loads of help on here, would of been a mess if I didn’t find yous :rofl: But now I’m like the thought of hanging the whole plant, sound good:thumb:
Hang her up.if u can if u have room I hang all mine in my attic it gets 125dagrees up there hot hot

Back
Top Bottom