Estimated weight dried & cured from these two?

bigboerboel

My first outdoor grow. What's your best guess trimmed, dried, cured from these two GDP's? 3.5 weeks in flower. Main colas are 5' 5" tall.

My garden doesn't smell like tomatoes anymore! :thumb:

20220821_083632.jpg

20220821_083808.jpg

20220821_083827.jpg

Thanks GainsevilleGreen. 2 lbs would be awesome. :ganjamon:

I do have two successful indoor grows under my belt, but the plants were small. I do a lot of tomatoes, eggplant, peas, watermelon, etc. My thumb is pretty green.

Around a quarter of the wet weight of the (trimmed) buds, assuming that there's no mold. Which, hopefully, there isn't.

I've read mid-to-late October, outdoors, for that one, so it'll bulk up a lot, I expect.

What do you guys do to prevent mold? I'm not spraying anything but BT at this point.

I had mold on one of my GSC buds on my last indoor grow. I cut it quickly, but but lost a lot of volume.

awesome looking plants! good job! Granddaddy Purple?

when already in flower, I use peroxide spray to help prevent mold and bud rot. I mix 6 fl oz (12 tbs) of 3% drugstore peroxide in 1/2 gal of water in the pump sprayer. I spray the whole plant down well, including the buds. I recommend an ACE hardware style pump sprayer... I use their 1/2 gal sprayer for this. this can be repeated as needed... if I suspect mold, I'll spray this every day or every other day if close to harvest.

I would keep a close eye on those buds every day as you are nearing harvest, and you may need to harvest early if you see the slightest sign of bud rot. I use high-magnification reading glasses, and I also have a hand-held, LED-lighted microscope. Bud rot first appears as fine filaments. Here's what bud rot looks like when it first starts to take hold...

Bud rot can sneak up and knock out your whole harvest very quickly. With dense buds, the rot likes to hide out deep inside the bud. With more open buds, you can often see it from the outside. Your trichomes may not be at the peak you are looking for, but better to have a harvest than no harvest.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom