Can anyone help?

You mentioned chelated nutes earlier — does all this apply to organic nutrients too? That’s all I use.
not at all. Organic nutrients and the organic feeding cycle have no need to be in the same narrow pH range that synthetic nutrients need to be in... so there usually is no need to pH adjust when using them.

There are two problems... first, not everyone's tap water works this neatly. Second, to properly use nutes in soil you should do feed/water/feed/water.... and although adding nutes to your tap water might get it in range or close to it, the tap water by itself is way out of range. Adding that to your container without adjustment totally turns off the feeding cycle for that part of the watering cycle... the nutes stored in the soil will be totally out of the need range and they will not be available to the plant. This means that without pH adjusting, you are actually only providing nutrients to the plant for half of its blooming period.
The point I was trying to make is that in order for the original poster to know if they can get around having to check the pH of their solution after the Fox Farms nutrient has been added then they should start by knowing the pH of their water to begin with. After that the decision as to whether to check pH every time in a hydro or a soil grow is up to them.

Since I am growing in a natural soil mix and have pretty much settled on only organic nutrients I am not testing every time I add nutrients. But, I did check a couple times just to be sure that there was no drastic jump or drop in the number.

A lot of people do not want to test their water's pH and I understand; it is tedious and it is boring. I like to encourage them to find out what their numbers are to begin with.

Most bacteria grow best around neutral pH values (6.5 - 7.0),
The reason i use the potato and leaf mould tea its neutral at a ph of 7 , once i add my amino acid i bring it down to 6.4 about. i bring it down naturally :thumb:

potato and leaf mould none bubble tea :) most people wouldn't dream of doing what i do lol :laughtwo: but that make me different and i bring some new things ;)

this is bacteria at it best , once the disc meets the edge of the pot , shes loaded with life
P1120322.JPG
P1120323.JPG

Back
Top Bottom