Can auto flowers stall?

nothernbud

I have a couple of auto flowers I’ve been growing for awhile now and they produced bud sites and really stretched but then now after almost a month nothing’s been happening. One nothern light and one white widow.

Attachments

• A6416752-7865-4BB9-B523-EA8AFF4E36B2.jpeg
    A6416752-7865-4BB9-B523-EA8AFF4E36B2.jpeg
    538.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 4990BD75-FC4B-4088-BBCE-D9F7F56B4CFE.jpeg
    4990BD75-FC4B-4088-BBCE-D9F7F56B4CFE.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 24
Lack of light, maybe?

Or nutrients and/or root space, but from the pictures I've seen, I'd guess that a deficiency in that regard would cause the gardener to end up with plants that still finished up on time, but were tiny.

I have a 315w cmh and the pots are more than big enough. Problems with nutes have been my biggest problem I’ve been using miracle grow soil. After a flush they seemed to do really well up until now

Yeah, I've read that a 315-watt CMH is adequate for a 3'x3' grow space. That'll be influenced by the reflector, of course, but is probably a good general rule.

My condolences on the Miracle Gro soil. But what kind of nutrients are you giving the plants (or do they have only what the soil was initially spiked with by its manufacturer)? Have you performed a slurry test - taking a random sample of your soil, adding an equal amount of distilled water, mixing it well, allowing it to settle, then checking the pH of the water - in order to determine your soil's pH?

Out of curiosity, which company is the breeder of the strains you are growing? Maybe you can get some feedback from people who have grown them before and who know what to expect?

I've got WW autos going right now. The visual appearance between just 7 plants is crazy (or is just CK's thing).
I've got 1 short broadleafed indica plant, 2 maybe 3 crosses (1 of these has a huge cola) the rest are obvious sativas. 2 (a sativa and a possible cross) barely are showing their girly parts; the rest are hairy girls.
I'd not worry; your late-bloomer looks just like my late-bloomers.

Yeah, I've read that a 315-watt CMH is adequate for a 3'x3' grow space. That'll be influenced by the reflector, of course, but is probably a good general rule.

My condolences on the Miracle Gro soil. But what kind of nutrients are you giving the plants (or do they have only what the soil was initially spiked with by its manufacturer)? Have you performed a slurry test - taking a random sample of your soil, adding an equal amount of distilled water, mixing it well, allowing it to settle, then checking the pH of the water - in order to determine your soil's pH?

Out of curiosity, which company is the breeder of the strains you are growing? Maybe you can get some feedback from people who have grown them before and who know what to expect?
After I flushed them I never used anything for a month then one mild dose of miracle grow fertilizer. Besides my ph probe which reads 7 I’ve haven’t bought a ph test kit or done anything else. The seeds are from crop king.

It’s my first go at it which I can say hasn’t been great. The local hydroponic store says they have nuetral based soil I can add chemicals too or one based for cannabis where I don’t need to add anything till the bloom cycle I’m going to use next time

I have a 315w cmh and the pots are more than big enough. Problems with nutes have been my biggest problem I’ve been using miracle grow soil. After a flush they seemed to do really well up until now
Hey NB you don't want to flush MG "ever" it already has nutes in it so you're over feeding them which in turn can cause a lockout during flower, and while using MG you want a bloom booster with 0%N 12%P 6%K...I know, I used to use MG, and my biggest problem with it was fungus gnats o_O and unless you're using RO water, you don't need to PH...MG has a PH buffer in the soil.......
I switched to fox farms happy frog, with amendments, and I reuse it, just mix in a bin with newer amended soil and cook and reuse :p (I get most of the roots out but those are organic material, so it's all good) :goodluck:

Oh yeah MG soil :hmmmm:...you do not have to worry about the PH...just get some tap water, let it set for 24 hours, to gas off the chlorine, and water, the MG has a buffer in the mix, only water when she starts to hang, like she's wilting....seriously I used MG for almost 3 years before I switched to FFHF...peace and good luck man :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom