Can Humidifier Water pH Cause Issues?

LoSBigBlue

Hi, I have a grow journal going on here;
Big Blues Organic Daiquiri Lime

She is on Day 4 and noticeably getting a case of yellowing going on, the thread above gives all the grow details.

What I am curious about is, could non-adjusted tap water 7.4pH in the humidifier tank cause soil pH to rise, especially in fabric seedling pots and running high humidity for seedling stage 85-90%. Seems to me its plausible.
12 Nov 2000.jpeg

Hi, I have a grow journal going on here;
Big Blues Organic Daiquiri Lime

She is on Day 4 and noticeably getting a case of yellowing going on, the thread above gives all the grow details.

What I am curious about is, could non-adjusted tap water 7.4pH in the humidifier tank cause soil pH to rise, especially in fabric seedling pots and running high humidity for seedling stage 85-90%. Seems to me its plausible.
12 Nov 2000.jpeg
Good morning @LoSBigBlue cute lady.
Hope you are having a good day.
From what I understand it doesn't effect the soil.
What makes you think it's rising.
I'd be more concerned with the fact she is hungry.
Are you feeding her?
Stay safe.
Bill

Good morning @LoSBigBlue cute lady.
Hope you are having a good day.
From what I understand it doesn't effect the soil.
What makes you think it's rising.
I'd be more concerned with the fact she is hungry.
Are you feeding her?
Stay safe.
Bill

Thanks Bill! What makes me think that is is rising? Running high humidity 90%, fabric seedling pot very airy, medium is airy, and she is yellowing when I believe all other matters I am properly attending to.

Since Day2 after opening, she has been fed just plain water, pH 6.4-6.5, 20ml day2, 20ml day 3 am, after 6hr nap noticed slight droop fed 60ml day 3 pm, leaves perked up but yellowing remained. Changed humidifier water with 6.0ph water thinking perhaps was a problem, slight droop fed pH 6.1 30ml day 4pm. She is at Day 5 now, here is here latest pose.
13 Nov 0800.jpeg

You asked am I feeding her, aside from the watering, no I have not added anything additional. The vendor of the medium states the following is in the mix;

Perlite, Vermiculite, Mycorrhizae, Worm Castings, Blood Meal, Bat Guano, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp, Epsom Salt, Dolomite, Azomite, Humic Acid, Gypsum, Rice Hulls, Pumice, Oyster Shell, Soybean Meal, Alfalfa, Coco Coir, Fish Amino Acid

They also state that it is ready to go, not hot, and is fine for auto seedlings, they state just add water at 6.4pH. So that is the course I have taken thus far.

Tent is a 2x2, TS1000 light set 24" high, dialed in to 250µmol, 18/6 lights. temps 24-28C°, RH 90-95%. Dutch Passion Auto Daiquiri Lime. Now one thing they specifically state on their website is this;

"it is strongly recommended to build up the nutrition slowly and gradually because this strain does not like to suddenly receive high nutritional doses."

So could the soil but too nutritionally rich for her?

Today Day 5, thats the pic above. Slight droop again but soil is moist no need to water,,, is she getting too much water? If so the perk up on Day 3 after 60 had me thinking she wasn't getting enough.

So what would be the best course of action now? My guess at this point would be the soil, should I lower the humidity, let her go a few days with no water?

Thanks Bill! What makes me think that is is rising? Running high humidity 90%, fabric seedling pot very airy, medium is airy, and she is yellowing when I believe all other matters I am properly attending to.

Since Day2 after opening, she has been fed just plain water, pH 6.4-6.5, 20ml day2, 20ml day 3 am, after 6hr nap noticed slight droop fed 60ml day 3 pm, leaves perked up but yellowing remained. Changed humidifier water with 6.0ph water thinking perhaps was a problem, slight droop fed pH 6.1 30ml day 4pm. She is at Day 5 now, here is here latest pose.
13 Nov 0800.jpeg

You asked am I feeding her, aside from the watering, no I have not added anything additional. The vendor of the medium states the following is in the mix;

Perlite, Vermiculite, Mycorrhizae, Worm Castings, Blood Meal, Bat Guano, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp, Epsom Salt, Dolomite, Azomite, Humic Acid, Gypsum, Rice Hulls, Pumice, Oyster Shell, Soybean Meal, Alfalfa, Coco Coir, Fish Amino Acid

They also state that it is ready to go, not hot, and is fine for auto seedlings, they state just add water at 6.4pH. So that is the course I have taken thus far.

Tent is a 2x2, TS1000 light set 24" high, dialed in to 250µmol, 18/6 lights. temps 24-28C°, RH 90-95%. Dutch Passion Auto Daiquiri Lime. Now one thing they specifically state on their website is this;

"it is strongly recommended to build up the nutrition slowly and gradually because this strain does not like to suddenly receive high nutritional doses."

So could the soil but too nutritionally rich for her?

Today Day 5, thats the pic above. Slight droop again but soil is moist no need to water,,, is she getting too much water? If so the perk up on Day 3 after 60 had me thinking she wasn't getting enough.

So what would be the best course of action now? My guess at this point would be the soil, should I lower the humidity, let her go a few days with no water?
If it has all those ingredients it should able to eat fine.
Is it possible your overwatering her?
Stay safe.
Bill

40-60% RH is suggested. Does that translucent bag the plant is in get nested into something darker in color, something that blocks the light from the sides? I’m sure the roots aren’t exposed to the bright light yet. Something to think about in the month ahead. Best of luck.

40-60% RH is suggested. Does that translucent bag the plant is in get nested into something darker in color, something that blocks the light from the sides? I’m sure the roots aren’t exposed to the bright light yet. Something to think about in the month ahead. Best of luck.
That is a great thought there, light to the roots causing problems. Yes the bag is translucent and light can easily creep in. Once her 3rd set pops and she looks stable she will be moving into her new home. As for the future, saving the bags for the kitchen herbs.

Back
Top Bottom