BigBlue's Organic Daiquiri Lime

FAEC478C-B519-47AB-9829-2865D38F094B.jpeg
Day 11 - She should be ready for transplant tomorrow.

Heat in the room that the tent is in was starting to be an issue. It's a spare bathroom with no ceiling insulation and a window that has no glass, just screen and wooden shutter (live in the tropics), a portable AC is in the room and is cranking all its got but the lack of insulation is a problem.

Prior to the grow I did seal the window and attempt to create a cool zone with the use of a thin insulating material about 3mm thick that has mylar on one side. It worked ok when the outside temps were below 32c but the AC needed to be set at its lowest, 17c just to get 30c.

So got 4 rolls of R24 on the way, that should do the trick.

As for the girl, she is doing just fine, 4th set coming along and #5 is on the way. On track to be in the 7 gal sometime this weekend.

23 Nov 0530.jpeg

Heat in the room that the tent is in was starting to be an issue. It's a spare bathroom with no ceiling insulation and a window that has no glass, just screen and wooden shutter (live in the tropics), a portable AC is in the room and is cranking all its got but the lack of insulation is a problem.

Prior to the grow I did seal the window and attempt to create a cool zone with the use of a thin insulating material about 3mm thick that has mylar on one side. It worked ok when the outside temps were below 32c but the AC needed to be set at its lowest, 17c just to get 30c.

So got 4 rolls of R24 on the way, that should do the trick.

As for the girl, she is doing just fine, 4th set coming along and #5 is on the way. On track to be in the 7 gal sometime this weekend.

23 Nov 0530.jpeg
I'm sorry to hear about your heat issues.
Unfortunately you will have to address that before flower.
Those temps are too high in combination with high rh I imagine.
So I looked out the kitchen window at 5am this morning expecting SNOW. :rofl:
New house our windows aren't the greatest but better than shutters.
You have time.
Stay safe, and cool. :laugh:
Bill

Week 1 Day 5 - Room heat situation is much better since doing some prep work for the still to arrive 4 rolls of R24 insulation, room temp down to 24 with tent at 27 with the AC set to 18. So looking forward to the R24.

The girl is doing great, 4 nice nodes with some growth popping out on the nodes below. Her smell is divine. 500mL with 1/4 dose BioBizz Root Juice, 6.2pH, last night her first drink in 3 days. Her top right now is soaking up 485µmol / 36DLI on 20/4.

This morning looking nice.

25 Nov 0700.jpeg

25 Nov 0701.jpeg

Week 2 Day 1 - She was ready for some water this morning, 500mL pH?, Week 2 BioBizz sched @ .25%. Yeah the question mark after the pH is not a typo, hung over from a going away party last night I totally spaced checking the pH. Oh well should be alright, I hear that with organics it is not that big of an issue but I still want to be in the 6.2 ballpark, I know my tap water runs about 7.4ish so thats what she got plus or minus whatever the BBzz contributed.

So 3 hours after lights on she is looking just fine, a bit droopy but she always is after her 4 hour dark period. 6th set is on its way and plenty of growth is popping out in the lower branches. If there is an issue with the pH blunder I think it would of shown by now, 12 hours later.

28 Nov 1900.jpeg

Week 2 Day 2 - doing fine, she will be ready for transplant tomorrow into the 7 gal.

Will be hanging the insulation today which will be a huge help to the electric bill, currently able to maintain 25C° in the tent, 21C° for the room with the AC set to 18C°, RH running 55%, lights 500µmol / 36DLI

29 Nov 0420.jpeg

29 Nov 0900.jpeg

Week 2 Day 2 PM - Decided to transplant this evening, she was in need of a drink. Into the 7G she goes, 1000mL 6.2pH. Her rootball looked very healthy so I am very pleased with the results of transplanting an autoflower, now twice.

Day 3 - Looking good this morning, a bit droopy perhaps from her new home and that she is a bit dry so 1000mL 6.2pH water she got. 28C° 60%RH 565µmol 40DLI.

Her lime essence is really putting out now, smells awesome!

30 Nov 1000.jpeg

Week 2 - Day 3 - Day 4 - Started a time lapse of her just after her 1L drink of water and let it run for 24 hours. Really interesting to observe the push she gives near the end right before she gives me the drooping sign, 'Hey feed me another 1L of water please'. 6.2pH

30 Nov 2101.jpeg

Week 2 Day 4 - As mentioned above, right at the end of the time lapse she was ready for a drink. After her 1L 6.2 refreshment it is time for her to enter LST.

1 Dec 1000.jpeg

1 Dec 1100 LST.jpeg

Week 3 - Day 1 Minor LST & 1500mL water 6.2pH, 24C° 50%RH 575µmol 40DLI

Insulation in the room last week has made a huge difference in the efficiency of the AC unit in the room, tent temps are ranging 22-27C°.

Later this week she will get a dose of BioBiz week 3 schedule at 33%. BioBiz has a couple of schedules, the one I am following is their All-Mix sched, adjusted for autos. WK 1 was dosing @ .125%, WK2 @ .25%, .33% this week and will get up to .5% in 2 weeks. Dutch Passion calls out this strain as not reacting well to sudden dose increases, thus the effort to take things slow.

Week 3 Day 2 - LST adjustments continue, growth sites all over her and working to keep the canopy as level as possible.

6 Dec 1900.jpeg

Hello , just a heads up , bio bizz is not a organic nutrient , it is organic based and chelated with salts , humic ,fulvic acid etc , these kill your fungi and bacteria that make the ingredients in your soil available to your plants , this is a great marketing scam by the nutrient companies , there is no omri sticker on a bottle of liquid nutes , they need these acids , salts to make the product shelf stable to sit on a store shelf for a year .

Hello , just a heads up , bio bizz is not a organic nutrient , it is organic based and chelated with salts , humic ,fulvic acid etc , these kill your fungi and bacteria that make the ingredients in your soil available to your plants , this is a great marketing scam by the nutrient companies , there is no omri sticker on a bottle of liquid nutes , they need these acids , salts to make the product shelf stable to sit on a store shelf for a year .
Thanks for the input. Yes bottled nutrients are not TOL, but as you said organic based. As far as killing off microbes, yeah makes sense, some might suffer but I would think that the kill off is not even anywhere close to that of synthetic's. Their scam can't be that good to still have the the business they do, or is it?

I find the apartment living where I live a bit difficult in regards to dealing with teas, compost, and such, plus very limited options for any products in the country I live in so BB works for me. So let's say 'Big Blue's Organic Based Daiquiri Lime'

Week 3 Day 3,4,5 - She has been drooping more and more lately, this since her transplant and the LST. So aside from pausing LST for a bit I have been going through other things to eliminate the possible causes. On the night day 2 I adjusted the fan to ease the wind she was were getting, she was looking much better the morning of day 3, still drooping slightly.

7 Dec 0500.jpeg

On day 4 she was ready for a drink, first in 3 days, 1000mL, and a dose of BioBizz at 33%.

8 Dec 1900 .jpeg

She could of used a drink several hours prior to this point but wanted to make sure the over watering is not a cause to the droops.

10 hours later on the morning of day 5 she was almost back to normal, but she once again started to droop by mid day.

9 Dec 0500.jpeg

The water she had the night before helped but not fully so I am next going to look into the health of the soil she is in.
I got a soil organic matter test kit developed by a university on the way to hopefully let me know the state of the microbe activity. Could Mr NoobieNot be spot on from his comments above?

Another thought is; most everyone advises for auto flowers to lower the nutrient level in feeds from the label. To me that makes sense for synthetics but what about organics where the nutrients are feeding the soil not the plant, could I be underfeeding the soil by cutting the BioBizz doses way back?

First timer here so working through this, I think the soil test will shed some light on the issue.

On the plus side she is still growing and putting out an awesome smell, yummy.

9 Dec 0501.jpeg

Week 3 Day 5 evening I gave her a foliar of BioBizz Alg-A-Mic @ 1mL/L and in the morning of day 6 see was looking pretty good. Trimmed off a few leaves and gave her a bit of LST. 8 decent looking flower sites are starting to stretch quickly.

Day 7 - Got the organic soil test kit in and as sort of suspected, the result was relatively low on their scale indicating that the soil was underfed. This coincides with some research I did for people using BB with autos, I found plenty of people dosing at 100% the label with excellent results. Not going to jump to 100%, but am bumping todays feed up to 50% the week 3 sched with the addition of a 2mL/L dose of Root Juice to liven up the soil.

Here she is right after lights on and right after her feed, 1000mL, 6.1pH, soaking up 630µmol / 45DLI

11 Dec 2000.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom