BigBlue's Organic Daiquiri Lime

Week 4 - Days 5,6,7- Well she has gone from being a plant to being a bush. No real issues going on, watering every other day at the moment, (1500ml per with BioBizz at 75%). She has also been treated to a foliar using Alg A Mic and Fish Mix, both at 1mL/L.

So thats it thus far as she reaches the end of Week 4, see ya in Week 5 she says'

18 Dec 0531.jpeg
18 Dec 0530.jpeg

16 Dec 1000.jpeg

Hello Week 5! Since testing the soil and boosting the BioBizz % of their feed chart, more on that in a second, she has been doing great. LST her first 4 weeks did a decent job of leveling out her canopy, she's flowering now so time to let her go do her thing.

So being my first grow (or should I say first 'thus far' successful one), I did what I thought was the proper way to introduce nutrients to autos. "Use only a quarter or a half of what the label says", that is what I found to be the consensus. I did find some BioBizz growers that did have a higher level, some at 100%, but they were growing in coco whereas I have organic matter soil. So the first 3 weeks she was, or should I say the soil was being a bit underfed, this conclusion was derived from an organic soil test kit that showed low levels of the essentials needed.

So I started to bump up the BioBizz levels to where I am at 100% now to what the BioBizz All-Mix schedule recommends. Went from 33% to 100% over the course of 4 feeds in 10 days, and she is doing great. So next grow I am going to go 100% their schedule at week 1.

Currently watering every other day, nutrients are only added every other watering. She might get 1 more foliar, if so it will be later in the week and will be with Fish Mix and Alg A Mic at 1mL/L. Taking in 1500mL at the moment, I am adjusting the water to 6.2pH. The lights are giving her 840µmol / 60DLI.

Say High,

19 Dec 0900.jpeg

19 Dec 0901.jpeg

Week 6 has begun. A follower in another group thought my Day/Week counting was odd. To me it is simple, my Week 1 coincides with the nutrient schedules Week 1 which is after the seedling stage, about 12 days in from the wet paper towel start if I recall.

Anyways, she is doing fine, delaying a day her next watering as I have to go out of town for the next 3-4 days, so will give her a drink right before I leave and she will be just fine,,,, I hope.

26 Dec 0800.jpeg

Week 8 is here and Budville is getting chunky and skunky. If this was not my first grow I would probably would have started some defoliation by now but decided to just be patient and see what the end result will be. She is right on track to be harvested around the end of this month, we shall see.

Waterings have picked up greatly, getting 2L about every 36hrs with BioBizz every other watering, @ full strength based on their schedule.

Set up an intake fan bringing in cool air from the A/C in the room. Able to keep the RH down around 40-45%, with temps running about 27C°.

Budville is getting between 900 & 1100µmol , 65/72 DLI from the TS1000.

9 Jan 0600.jpeg

9 Jan 1931.jpeg

9 JAN 1930.jpeg

Here we are,,, coming down the home stretch 82 days in and she is just about ready to come down. Plenty of leaf color changing going on and her trichomes are for the most part all cloudy up in her buds, not rushing her but she needs to come down by weeks end as I have to get the 3X autos that are vegging now in their starter area.

23 Jan 2000.jpeg

Dutch Passion Auto Daiquiri Lime
Mars Hydro 70cm x 70cm x 160cm Tent
Mars Hydro TS1000 LED
Local 420 Organic Mix Medium

4 Nov - After wasting month and a half on shitty specials, 20% germination rate, (those that started were mutants right from the get go), I was able to get some Dutch Passion quality seeds. Paper towel germination with tap root 1.5cm 36 hours in.
IMG_2066.jpeg

Into fabric seedling pot.
Organic mix is a local product mixed specifically for 420, has great reviews, is heavily fortified with all kinds of good biology. It does have coco and perlite premixed but I loosened it up just a bit by adding in a bit more coco and perlite just to keep any issues with too much water retention at bay. Going straight into 24 light cycle set at about 40% on the TS1000 24" up, the important number is its dialed in to 125µmol.

The Photone App for IOS is fantastic tool to have, takes most of the guess work out of rather or not the lights are set right (hey I'm an engineer and have brown thumbs, I need numbers and tools). Later down the line there is BioBizz organic goodness to enhance the organic taste profile.

Also waiting is a 7 gallon fabric pot, word is this gal likes to get big for an auto and the 7 gallon should fill up the tent nice.

IMG_2075.jpeg

- 80 hours in and shell off, added a delicate drop of water as you can see in the pic, to keep the cotyledon moist along with high humidity, 90%, to keep it softer, thus easier to pop open. As you can see my mix is rather loose, and I am in fabric seedling pot, super airy so I want to run very high humidity, got it set for 95 let's see.

IMG_2093.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg

-8 NOV, woke up to an off humidifier and thus the medium needed a 10ml drink of tank water 6.4pH room temp 24C°. Got humidifier sorted out, and set for 90%

- 9 NOV, 96 hours since paper towel method start, she has opened, switching to 18/6 light cycle, 200µmol, 90%RH. 27C° - We shall call this Day 1. Medium is staying nice and slightly damp with the high humidity and the use of the fabric pot.

IMG_2101.jpeg

- 10 NOV Day 2. Is growing, slightly pale probably just need a bit of water, tent is holding a steady 90%RH which keeps medium slightly damp. Fed 20mL 6.4pH. Tent temps running highs of 26 to low of 23.

IMG_2114.jpeg
When you say your soil is a Local Organic Mix, are you saying it's from someone who mixes it their self; or a bagged mix you bought locally ? I'm planning to try running Super Soil in the bottom 3rd of my pots next grow to try it out.
I've been looking at SoHum & Coast of Maine soils for this, but not sure which would be better to use. Any chance you anything about these soils ? Trying to learn a little before I take the dive.

When you say your soil is a Local Organic Mix, are you saying it's from someone who mixes it their self; or a bagged mix you bought locally ? I'm planning to try running Super Soil in the bottom 3rd of my pots next grow to try it out.
I've been looking at SoHum & Coast of Maine soils for this, but not sure which would be better to use. Any chance you anything about these soils ? Trying to learn a little before I take the dive.
High Buds Buddy! The brand I am using is a local brand sold only in-country. Sorry I do not know anything about the 2 brands you mentioned but I can tell you what is in the brand I am using, this quoted from their bag.

"Contains Perlite 20%, Vermiculite 10% and Soil Booster (Organic Soil Conditioner and Fertilizer). Is bio-inoculated with mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial microbes that boost your plants’ performance. The ideal air-to-water ratio promotes massive root growth and enables sufficient drainage. 21 premium ingredients : Perlite, Vermiculite, Mycorrhizae, Worm Castings, Blood Meal, Bat Guano, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp, Epsom Salt, Dolomite, Azomite, Humic Acid, Gypsum, Rice Hulls, Pumice, Oyster Shell, Soybean Meal, Alfalfa, Coco Coir, Fish Amino Acid (FAA), Soil Booster (Organic Soil Conditioner and Fertilizer), Rock Phosphate We do not use soil in our mixed super soil. We only use local ingredients and add microorganism to help speed the process of decompose. This helps to cook and release nutrients for your plants."

Nice job, nice journal. I cant help wonder if they came down a little early with some white hairs visible before chop. Did the numbers, weeks, days, line up with others growing this strain? Hope you post another.... thanks again for this!

Back
Top Bottom