Can I grow in this?

shbi73

Hi

hag-1.jpg

I saw this idea and I think it could be used for cannabis grow. I mean it looks simple and great and the idea behind it makes sense but not sure if it works for a cannabis plant?
Also, I was wondering how many fish it takes to give me results.

Aquaponics are great. That can be used but u will find that algae wants to dwell. Light +moisture+nitrogen =algae. That aside I found depending solely on fish waste was incomplete and not strong enough to keep deficiency at bay.

If I use it for like 2 plants only and add 2-3 fish do u think that would be sufficient enough? Do you have any ideas how can I deal with the algae problem in this tank?

Lightproofing is the easiest way to offset the algae. Maintaining proper temps in the water will be important as well. I'd personally go with a diverse well established community tank. 10+ fish if I were to do it again. I found it more work than its worth personally but it is way cool to see. Just make sure ur fish aren't root eaters (chiclids betas etc all will eat roots)

Good info Canna,

I seen the Aquaponics system last year and thought it looked like a great idea. If you get the setup big enough you can also eat the fish. So say you grow fruits or herbs in there, you could have full meals making themselves. Also the plant grown in them would be fully organic , which is always a good thing if your using for meds.

I think they seem amazing but like canna said there may be deff problems and may not be best for squeezing the most out of Cannabis plant. I may be wrong but I haven't seen any "Big" grow in one yet.

Yeah I really love aquaponics, its certainly a fantastic way to grow anything as if done properly can create a entire ecosystem where nothing ever needs to be added.

As for flowering cannabis, I am fairly sure certain types of fish excrete different minerals. While most manure of all animals is based in nitrogen I have seen that certain ones will make high P or high K poop as well. I would imagine this holds true for at least some types of fish, or aquatic life (snails, crabs, crawdads, turtles, beavers, ect). I would look in to more berry or fruit type eating animals as green leaf eaters usually poop nitrogen.

If/when I have a lot more time on my hands and a much much bigger yard to grow in I definitely want to do research on growing flowers with aquaponics instead of just high nitrogen type plants.

Down the road I really really want to have a full on aquaponics setup so i never need to buy fruits or veggies from store again, i think its awesome. But of course compost and soil growing is all good too :).

I think in a while someone else is goin to try this and let us know :) thnx everyone for ur comments

Back
Top Bottom