Can I use Big Bud fertilizer on a potted plant?

Plumdcrazy

420 Member
Got Amnesia Haze growing from a seed since 1/21 it started in an aero garden for a few weeks and then transplanted into a bucket. Got a few weeks of sodium lights for 18 hours per day. About 2 weeks ago I brought her outside and she's looking really good. Using a organic fertilizer only.

Read about BB and wanted to try it out. But after reading the directions it recommends using it with hydroponics etc. Can I use it on my potted plant? If so how much? How often?
TIA

Haze01.jpg

Haze02.jpg

Read about BB and wanted to try it out. But after reading the directions it recommends using it with hydroponics etc. Can I use it on my potted plant? If so how much? How often?
Plant is looking good. Looks strong and healthy.

As for the Big Bud questions, you probably can use it but I have no idea of how much or how often.

Keep in mind that Big Bud is part of a three part system of fertilizers that are meant to be used once flowering starts. The Big Bud is meant for the middle part of the flowering stage, about 3 weeks out of the usual 7 to 12 weeks of flowering. One of the other parts of the system is for the first several weeks and the third product for last several weeks.

It does not look like the plant is actively entering flowering. I do not see any mention of where you are living now so no idea if you are getting ready for summer (northern hemisphere) or winter (southern hemisphere).

Up to you but since you are doing so well with the organic fertilizers so far why not continue with that. Then after a few grows worth of experience you can think about the Big Bud as something to test on a plant.

Thanks for your input. As a novice I had know idea it was part of a 3 part system. I live in Georgia and have a southern exposure. Plenty of sun and warm weather right now.

What was the reason you purchased that Big Bud fertilizer?

As far as outdoors its a little early. You need to taper back down from 18/6 to how much light you're getting now. I'm a little farther north I dont put flowers outside until 15+ hrs daylight.

Gotta be careful they dont start flowering now.. its WAY too soon.

When you drop from 18/6 indoors full on light to outdoors only 14ish hrs daylight with dawn and dusk.... she could start flowering you dont want that yet.

Plumdcrazy

Dont know if you got a E.C-Meter

Also i dont know the product and this is a "fairly safe" way of usage
Build your nutrients up from 1,2 to 1,6-1,7 in flower period and adjust according by what she shows you

I got BB just from reading about it's capabilities. Growing big buds.
Why is it way to soon? Understand I'm a noob. I've grown a few plants but I just grow them with little knowledge of WTF I'm doing but they have always come out ok.
I've grown some El Jefe in the past and kept it under sodium until it get about 4-5' tall and then I'd put it outside. I would harvest until late summer. I followed the same with AH.

EC meter? I don't have one and never used one. Need to look into that.

I was just interested in your thought on why you purchased the BB stuff.

The thing with putting mature plants outside is the sun light schedule.

As mentioned its pretty early for flowering since June20th is the summer solstice so the sun is staying around longer every day up to that date. So flowering plants wont like that too much.

There's something called RE-VEG - I toss plants that do that on me. They get messed up enough it's not worth all the work, for me anyway.

What was the reason you purchased that Big Bud fertilizer?

As far as outdoors its a little early. You need to taper back down from 18/6 to how much light you're getting now. I'm a little farther north I dont put flowers outside until 15+ hrs daylight.

Gotta be careful they dont start flowering now.. its WAY too soon.

When you drop from 18/6 indoors full on light to outdoors only 14ish hrs daylight with dawn and dusk.... she could start flowering you dont want that yet.
If I read correctly what @Plumdcrazy was saying the plant has already been outside for a couple of weeks and with sunrise & sunset times being about 14 hours apart it is unlikely that the plant will start to throw buds until mid-August or so. I would figure that his plant has hardened off and adapted. Going to be huge and might overgrow that container within a few weeks.

If most of us in the North American continent notice our outdoor plants starting to flower by mid August then I just backtracked looking for the spring dates looking for approx the same amount of night/dark and come up with early May. By this time of the spring there should be enough light to prevent flowering until the nights get long enough, around early-mid August. That nighttime consideration is for the 'photo-period' strains because those 'autoflowers' have their own schedule and when the sun rises and sets makes no difference.

Most likely, like a lot of us, he bought the Big Buds in anticipation of a large plant and wanted something that would encourage some huge & heavy buds.

Im just looking at the pics - I see pre-flowers... its only May bro.

In my limited outdoor experience I didn't get pre-flowers until early August.

All I'm saying is to keep an eye out for re-veg.

It's getting close enough to put plants out way down south where he's located. I'm sure he will be ok.

Dont know if you are going to keep Dark/Light-period in your own hands by putting her in a dark shed or something like that...or if there is another reason you are keeping her Mobile (Potted instead of full ground)

But Amnesia Haze will grow in to a big...Big!! plant...Keep that in mind with Pot size and the room you give her

Thanks for all of the info. The main reason I keep it in a pot is for concealment. It's on my deck on the back of the house. Full southern exposure and critters can't get to it. I don't know if any critters would be interested in it but we have deer, coyotes, fox and rabbits.

I may increase the size of the pot it's in which is 10 gal.

Still looking into BB fertilizer mix recommendations.

Just talked to the support folks at BB. According to them when the plant starts to flower I can use BB.
They recommended 8ML per gal or 1.5 teaspoons per gal 2x per week.

Whats Big Bloom supposed to do for you?

Its basically EWC and bat guano in a liquid form.

OK ....

Try some Malted barley grind it into a fine powder - 1/3 cup for your container and scratch some into the surface and water in. Can top that will some EWC.

Thank me later for all the trichome dankness.

Whats Big Bloom supposed to do for you?
He said he wanted big buds when the time came.;) But, I do not think it is Big Bloom (Fox Farms). Instead it is Big Bud, which is a hydro product from Advanced Nutrients and is mentioned in the title of the thread.

But your suggestions of the Malted Barley and the Earth Worm Castings makes a lot of sense and what I would go with.

Big Bud... big bloom... I cant keep up. lol

The Big Bloom is at least somewhat organic or labeled as such.

Big Bud... active ingredients:

Potassium sulphate
potassium phosphate

Looks like stuff good for soil-less medium to me.

Big Bud... big bloom... I cant keep up. lol
Ya, tell me about it. I can remember when walking into a grow shop meant seeing the big 3 from Fox Farms. Now the same shop has three racks of shelves for Fox Farm products. Or walk into a garden center that caters to the average flower and vegetable gardener and there are products from some of the companies dedicated to Marijuana growing.

Looks like stuff good for soil-less medium to me.
I see Big Bud and the rest of that companies products in the hydro section at the better grow shops I visit.

Hey gang I know there's concern over my timing with exposing my girl to normal sunlight earlier than I'm told I should have. But here we are about 5 weeks later.
What are your thoughts or concerns after looking at the pics?
I'm a noob so try to keep it simple. :D

20210615_190919.jpg

20210615_190844.jpg

20210615_190817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom