Can some one please help me first time growing: does she look healthy is my light too close?

Mattys1992

Just seeking a bit of advice as a rookie first grow how does my plant look is she looking ok it’s day 4 above soil
CFC9A4EC-368E-445D-AF95-9F2210CFF236.jpeg
D8B1741C-7FF0-46A4-9BB2-CF76FB483461.jpeg

Attachments

• B6BE57CD-B106-48C7-8915-97E5CFBACFE5.jpeg
    B6BE57CD-B106-48C7-8915-97E5CFBACFE5.jpeg
    909.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 387060C3-ADCC-4A8A-9BD8-BC088CDF2470.jpeg
    387060C3-ADCC-4A8A-9BD8-BC088CDF2470.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 87
Hello , looks good , no nutes yet , just plain water ,spring water works good at this stage , i find tap water has a lot of crap in it .A good wet /dry cycle is very important at this stage , i use a sprayer to lightly keep the top of the soil moist -not wet , then water in full circles around the plant .about 2-3 inches away from the stem , next time try using a smaller pot for your seedlings it is easier to control your watering , it is very important to do a up pot on soil , 1 gallon pot , then a 3 gallon pot to a larger pot as their final home , i like 7 or 10 gallon pots as a final stage , dont worry about water ph at this stage , and you will need to water every 2 -3 days , a good additive at this stage is a myccohriza or beneficial bacteria for good strong root growth , good luck and welcome to 420 mag!!

Hello , looks good , no nutes yet , just plain water ,spring water works good at this stage , i find tap water has alot of crap in it .A good wet /dry cycle is very important at this stage , i use a sprayer to lightly keep the top of the soil moist -not wet , then water in full circles around the plant .about 2-3 inches away from the stem , next time try using a smaller pot for your seedlings it is easier to control your watering , it is very important to do a up pot on soil , 1 gallon pot , then a 3 gallon pot to a larger pot as their final home , i like 7 or 10 gallon pots as a final stage , good luck and welcome to 420 mag !!!
Hey man thanks for reply and yes just bottled spring water with spray bottle when soil starts to dry and a little drop here and there round the out side as this is a auto plant (cheesecake) I didn’t want to pot up because of shock.

Hello , i still up pot my auto`s , just once though , from a i gallon pot to a 7 gallon pot , if you transplant properly the shock is only a 2-3 day slow down , the problem people have is they destroy the small roots in up potting , going very slowly and holding the plant by the stem between my 2nd and 3 rd finger and turn the pot slowly up side down , i always add a layer of perlite to the bottom of my 1 gallon starter pot as it makes it alot easier to get the plant out and i always do it when the soil is dry , and then i water once the plant is in the new pot .

Hello , i still up pot my auto`s , just once though , from a i gallon pot to a 7 gallon pot , if you transplant properly the shock is only a 2-3 day slow down , the problem people have is they destroy the small roots in up potting , going very slowly and holding the plant by the stem between my 2nd and 3 rd finger and turn the pot slowly up side down , i always add a layer of perlite to the bottom of my 1 gallon starter pot as it makes it alot easier to get the plant out and i always do it when the soil is dry , and then i water once the plant is in the new pot .
When should I up pot I have some 3 gallon grow bags will youse them for better draining and with added perlite

Nice start to your set up , what nutrients are you gonna use , try the green leaf , mega crop dry nutes they have a lot of growers on here you can get advise from , Dutchman 1990 is a great resource for info and , Emilya , and In the shed , also excellent growers , too many other great growers to mention .

Nice start to your set up , what nutrients are you gonna use , try the green leaf , mega crop dry nutes they have a lot of growers on here you can get advise from , Dutchman 1990 is a great resource for info and , Emilya , and In the shed , also excellent growers , too many other great growers to mention .
I am going to use fox farms I have got the 3 pack big bloom etc

you will need drain pans under those pots , buy them big enough for the size of your final pot size , as the plants get bigger you will want to water till you have a small run off , i ordered mine off the big A ,online , you will want something atleast 2 inches deep and a way to drain the water out as when the plants get bigger they get real heavy to lift plus the soil is wet

do you have a ppm meter and a ph meter , if not they are worth their weight in gold , should cost about $50 bucks each at the most , again on line is the cheapest way way to go , hana makes a good cheap meter

Just leave them for now and wait to do the final up pot , you wont need the perlite in the final pot , i only use it in soil for my 1st up pot as the roots are so delicate .

besure to buy a storage and calibration solution for your meters , this is crucial for the meters
What’s ppm meter ???? I’ll get a ph meter I’m just using Westlands multi purpose compost with added John innnes as I’m in the UK it’s very hard to find the right stuff and ordering online is suspect

parts per million =ppm , in the uk i believe they call it a e.c. meter , the ph meter tells you how acidic or alkaline your water/nutrient mix is and the e.c. -ppm meter tells you how strong the nutrient solution is in your water , this helps you to not over feed (burn )or under feed your plants as this will become critical as the plants get bigger and you need to add your fox farm nutrients , once they are bigger try to maintain a 6.2 ph and a start ec of .8 and slowly as the plant grows you will need to increase the e.c but the ph should stay at 6.2 roughly .

yellowing on the leaves usually means they need more nutrients and brown tips means you are to strong on the nutrients so back off on the amount of nutrients you add to the water . if the leaves are drooping down it is a good sign that you could be over or under watering , you want the leaves pointing straight out like the are trying to recieve as much light as they can .

pick your pots up and lift them you will notice a difference in the weight when they are wet and when they are dry , if they feel light it is then time to water , if heavy let them dry out for another day or 2 .this is how you create a good wet dry cycle for your plants , dont go by days , measure by the weight of the pots , as every plant will drink more or less than the plant beside it .and every breed of plant is different .

Back
Top Bottom