Can someone please recommend me a good RO water filter

cpt chronic

I need a good ro filter that doesn't break the bank and works well. I need to be able to buy filters for this as well. Thanks for the help.

used ge 3 to 5 stage under sink model with a 3 gal tank. 25ft nylon 1/4" tube quick connects a float operated fill valve from a toilet repair kit and the biggest rubbermade trash can u can get as a clean water storage tank. Filters can be bought at home depot / lowes / anywhere and cost around $50.

Check out bulkreefsupply.com. They have an option where you can make your own, they build it and send it to you. I had one made for around 180$ and I get 0ppm water, coming from 350-400ppm city water.

Key elements to look for:

carbon block filters (need at least 1, 2 is better, this is what removes chlorine)

D/I or deionized resin filter. This is for after the r/o membrane, it strips any additional ion's/minerals from the R/O water...takes my water from about 20ppm to )

Sediment filter- This should be the first filter in your system, helps remove larger particles...

Reverse Osmosis Membrane-make sure to check the pressure ratings, some R/O membranes will not operate on low pressure water, so a booster pump may be necessary.

Reverse Osmosis - what are you using?

Back
Top Bottom