Can too high of a PPFD cause "herms"?

tallboy2023

So I've had my first 2 grows go Hermie on me toward the end. They were beautiful and seemed perfect right up until that point. I just took a PPFD reading with a par meter, and it's off the charts high. It was like 1700. My question is this, is it possible to have that high of a PPFD reading and have the plants look perfect with no visible burn or stress? I'm thinking that may be the cause of my Hermes. Thoughts?

So I've had my first 2 grows go Hermie on me toward the end. They were beautiful and seemed perfect right up until that point. I just took a PPFD reading with a par meter, and it's off the charts high. It was like 1700. My question is this, is it possible to have that high of a PPFD reading and have the plants look perfect with no visible burn or stress? I'm thinking that may be the cause of my Hermes. Thoughts?

it is possible to stress your plants by over lighting. in a lot of cases it becomes a combination of over lighting and added heat as well. if you pile a long flowering time on top you are asking for trouble.

i don't strictly follow DLI or PPFD charts, i learned to grow before they'd become a thing, but they are good to refer to. most successful growers are growing within the parameters set by those charts whether they are aware of it or not.

Back
Top Bottom