Can you LST budding outdoor plants

maui454

Just like the title says I have some plant outdoor that have started flowering. But they are getting a little to tall so i was wondering if it would cause a negative effect on my ladies if I bent them down?

I have a similar issue. I posted in another subforum, and a guy told me to bend it down and tie it. How big is yours? Mine is like 8 ft tall. I waited too long to transplant, now I have to figure something out quick.

it will stress them, but not a whole lot, especially since its outdoors. just don't bend too far and snap it. If you do, it wont kill it, but it will need to recover the area you break.

I'd LST your outdoor plants for no other reason than increasing the sunlight to the lower buds. Just make small adjustments each day. You won't believe the nug growth on the lower branches once they see the light:amen:

i had to do this with mine 3/4/5 weeks into flower and mine were fine. I even snapped one branch, sellotaped it back together straight away and it grew fine!!

I planted my girls between some tomatoes. The tomatoes grew to about 6 ft with the help of some OC+. The girls started to go above the tomatoes, so i LST them during flowering and they are doing fine. Get some wire and bend them a little more each day. The buds along the branch really take off nice shooting upwards.

I bent a 5' at 45* just the top..Then 2 weeks later realizeing it was a huge Satavia having 16-20 huge branches shooting upward like a 6' christmass tree...I tied all i could down, there were tooo many 2 tie...The plant Exploded now 6'x8'Wide now..!NoBs..THEN Some*%^$#* Ripped it out of the ground...(better than gettin arrested im in populated philly area..Well now i got 1 left in a tree an im tying it on a 45* while budding and its doin fine....Im gonna Tie All My plants from now on.. About 2 start indoors 4 1st time.. R there strains which dont stink..? I smoked some good stuff with no smell B4..The Cfl info from u guys is Unbelieveabe...Thankyou...

yes, i've done it before to a whole garden of 8-12ft-ers. but i say yee... why are you growing outside if you're in philly? go inside, or drive into PA more...

Back
Top Bottom