Can you re-process canna butter?

Oldgrowth

I'm growing a few Hindu Kush trees in flower and doing very well indeed. Largely due to the latitude and strain for a 1st grow in San Diego I wager. I removed a 6 ft male conspicuous by height, gangliness and ultimately early signs of its sexual equipment. As anticipated the space left is filling in nicely during the stretch. "Waste not, want not" being my New England credo I dried the entire male plant (10 oz dry weight total and crock pot cooked 5 oz of the male leaf w/ 2 lbs of organic butter. (Too much butter, too wimpy male properties as well I presume.) I would like to "beef up" the canna butter w/ some med mj herb I have on hand. I'd appreciate input on the following: 1. Can I take my processed canna butter thru a second crock pot treatment? 2. Would maybe 12 gr of genuinely smokable weed and 1/2 lb of already processed canna butter produce a product that is powerful enough for my fave brownie recipe (NYT Supernatural Brownies Recipe: Supernatural Brownies 3. In the long run, are the removed males worth the hassle? (It also o seemed to me that the filling in of the space may not just have been a matter of additional outdoor sunlight but also "cooperation" among the community of females remaining driven by the root and fungal network. Studying this entire process has made this such an interesting Summer for an older disabled med mj user who does not get out as much or as fast as in the past. Thank you in advance for input.

This is a tricky one, you can re-process the butter if it hasn't gone bad. Males in butter- that's a waste of time, no one making butter I know is using males, you can add them to your salad istead. The 12g in 500g that the tricky one, you can always make stronger one and use less, right? Depends how it works. And my personal favorite is coconut oil and recipes like this: Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies Recipe - Allrecipes.com
But that's just my opinion. Have a good one.

This is a tricky one, you can re-process the butter if it hasn't gone bad. Males in butter- that's a waste of time, no one making butter I know is using males, you can add them to your salad istead. The 12g in 500g that the tricky one, you can always make stronger one and use less, right? Depends how it works. And my personal favorite is coconut oil and recipes like this: Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies Recipe - Allrecipes.com
But that's just my opinion. Have a good one.

Thank you Tomula. Using the male was a New Englander's parsimony spurred by some opining on threads that I suspect was hot air. But it gave me an opportunity to learn about slow drying, making canna butter and an incentive to seek out other input like your very helpful one. I'm anticipating enough for my own grow (50 ft canopy now outdoors, conservatively at .5 oz dry wgt sinsemilla per sq ft) so I'll have plenty for the baking that I love to do and gifting herb to friends.

Thank you Tomula. Using the male was a New Englander's parsimony spurred by some opining on threads that I suspect was hot air. But it gave me an opportunity to learn about slow drying, making canna butter and an incentive to seek out other input like your very helpful one. I'm anticipating enough for my own grow (50 ft canopy now outdoors, conservatively at .5 oz dry wgt sinsemilla per sq ft) so I'll have plenty for the baking that I love to do and gifting herb to friends.

Great, I suggest you try the coconut oil, as it is very tasty, lasts longer than butter, good as cream for bruises and can be used in ice cream: Few spoons of oil, few ripe bananas, cocoa powder, honey. Mix all together until you have a nice smooth mix and freeze at higher temp (It can get really hard in -15°C). Or just add to any mashed fruit and freeze. Strawberries are also good. Have a nice baking. :Namaste:

I tried the coconut oil approach Tomula, thank you for the idea. I rounded up the remains of herb from by-gone days, about 1/2 oz, making about 2 oz of canna oil that went promptly into a recipe for coconut oil choc chip cookies-called "Toll House" in MA btw - baking 12 that were equivalent to the edibles at a dispensary in effect but tastier. When the Kush is being manicured and cured I'll try this out with trichromed sparkly leaves that I anticipate will be abundant. Kief is also in the plans. I'm using the 1st grow research as a basis for the planning for 2017. My rule of thumb now is the more herb, the better. That thought of course might and must be writ large.

Back
Top Bottom