Can you repot 2 weeks in2 flower

sim73

I've got a couple of roots coming out the bottom of container can I re pot to a bigger container or should I just leave alone
image3964.jpg

Hi Sim73. Welcome to the 420 magazine site and community of members that gathers here! :welcome:

I would not anticipate a problem with transplanting. If you think about ornamental plants in the yard, no harm comes from planting those in the ground while in bloom.

Be well and happy growing.

Ps. Your plant is lovely BTW!

whilst I agree that little harm comes from transplanting ornamentals, ornamental growers are not measuring yield/time like us MJ growers. if you repot a flowering plant and manage to cause shock, you will directly receive a smaller yield because of it if you stick to the same timeframe. However, you could just cut the bottom off the plant pot and place it on another, this is called double potting =)

Great idea Gigabane! And great point about the potential for shock. I'm just really comfortable transplanting plants in general and haven't really experienced many plants shocking from my efforts so I failed to take this into consideration. Always appreciate a different point of view and experience!

Good on ya! Thanks for helping this member out!

if you repot a flowering plant and manage to cause shock, you will directly receive a smaller yield because of it if you stick to the same timeframe.

If you repot during flowering and adjust the timeframe to allow the plants to recover from the shock, how much flowering time would you add to maintain the same level of yield? I know you run the risk of different plants experiencing different levels of shock potentially throwing the timing off for harvesting all the of the plants simultaneously, a risk I'm willing to take BTW. The reason I ask is I only want to repot the females, if it's even necessary at all, and would like to wait until I know the sex of the plants before I transplant any of them.

If you repot during flowering and adjust the timeframe to allow the plants to recover from the shock, how much flowering time would you add to maintain the same level of yield? I know you run the risk of different plants experiencing different levels of shock potentially throwing the timing off for harvesting all the of the plants simultaneously, a risk I'm willing to take BTW. The reason I ask is I only want to repot the females, if it's even necessary at all, and would like to wait until I know the sex of the plants before I transplant any of them.
I honestly couldn't tell you. if you shock in veg, you should add a week. im not sure adding an extra week on to the end of flowering will have the desired effect, more likely to still have less yield, but now with some over-ripe trichs. but honestly that's just speculation, you would have to ask someone that has covered this themselves. =)

honestly, I wouldn't flower without repotting and at least your 2 weeks in, I did some side by side grows and the ones that didn't get repotted were no comparison in yield to the ones who had new soil. If you can manage to get her out without jostling the root ball, hopefully it'll all come out as a ball and not crumble lol- but your not that far into flowering so I would vote yes, and to add time to your grow... just watch the plant, itll tell you when it picks up again by its new vigor.

def get it done sooner than later, for obvious reasons, plus, its a pain in the ass getting soil off of your developed buds from having to tilt pot upside down to get it out lol

Thanks for the reply radmichelle. I wasn't even sure I would need to repot since the strain of my grow is only supposed to max out at 24" and I've read that a gallon per foot is what our plants need and they are already in 2 gallon pots. However, based on your experience, I'll probably repot 3 females into 3 gallon pots or if I only get 1 or 2 females, I'll repot them into 5 gallon pots. The last thing I want to have to do is repot my females late in flowering because they are root bound.

good to hear, I just got done transplanting all of my plants, I grow perpetual here so everyone got bumped up and pots got disinfected and reused, when one goes out ones goin right back in lol. Whenever you get a chance i'd like to see your cannabeauty without the hps, maybe natural light? awesome job looks very filled out! im not sure if I read that you did or not but did you do any topping to her? what kinda soil and nutes are you using?

Thanks radmichelle! Actually, I'm not using HPS, this is a strictly CFL grow. All of my pictures so far have been under daylight CFLs, 6500K and 5000K, bulbs so the color is pretty close to sunlight. However, when I do my transplanting early in flowering, I'll be sure to take my females outside for some glamour shots. :) I've not topped them as it is my first grow and I'm trying to keep it simple. I'm using Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Potting Mix which I'm not that impressed with so far, my next grow I'm going with FF Ocean Forest. As for nutes I'm going with the old standby FF trio, so far I've only used Big Bloom and Grow Big. I have Tiger Bloom for flowering.

awesome grow, I just saw the ballasts and assumed hps in the pic because of the light waving and your air ducts in the background, how many cfls are you using? lol sorry ill just wait for the other pics, theres a lot of colas on the 1 plant in the pot without any topping, lst, anything? lol sorry just confused but impressed I use ff nutes also be careful if you decide to get into their additives, I burned a few plants using like 1/8th of recommended does lol

Yeah, those light fixtures for the canopy can fool the eye at first. They are mogul-based fixtures that hold 125-watt self-ballasted CFL bulbs putting out a combined 14,000 lumens. They come in 6500K and 2700K varieties. The side lights are 23-watt 5000K CFLs putting out 1,600 lumens each, 12,800 lumens total. During flowering, the side lights will be 42-watt 2700K CFLs putting out 2,800 lumens each, 22,400 lumens total. Yeah, no topping or anything whatsoever for any of my plants, at least for my first grow. I have been pleasantly surprised with the side shoot development of these plants, I think the side lighting has a lot to do with that. I checked out some of those FF additives and to me it sounded more like junk food for my plants that what they really required which is good solid nutrition but that's JMHO.

wow awesome props to sidelighting for sure!! high fuckin five haha- thanks for clarifying the lighting I thought I was crazy haha! i'm excited to see how they turn out as they flower. I would definitely recommend adding some blackstrap molasses, looking forward to pics... since you haven't taken any clones have you considered revegging the plant?

Thanks radmichelle! I'm getting excited to get to flowering as well, gotta get those runts to catch up and join the party. Does blackstrap molasses really add that much during flowering? I have only one grow room, no room for any more and it is not big enough to partition into separate veg/flower areas, so I'm pretty much relegated to consecutive independent grows. Not a real problem for me per se as I really do not need more than a couple of grows a year to meet my needs. Plus, I ordered a shitload of seeds from the Netherlands, enough to keep me going the next few years at least. In addition to Easy Rider, I also have Dutch Dope, Skunk Red Hair and Super Skunk as well as another 20 free seeds of unknown variety, 60 seeds in all. So as you can see I've got plenty to keep me busy for quite a while

how exciting! ive yet to order any from across the pond but I've a few seeds myself, we should trade beans sometime, I personally had to reveg a few winners from my last harvest has I've been unsuccessful with cloning (not anymore tho! lol) ill keep subb'd buddy have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom