Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Amsterdamnest

Hi Guys

I'm growing my first plant - it's been about three weeks now, and I've noticed that the leaves are starting to turn a little yellow. I am using 2 cfl lamps for light, and have been giving it baby bio and miracle grow (only started feeding it about a week ago). Is there something wrong with my plant, and do you know what it could possibly be? Any help would be appreciated! A pic is below....

20izww9.jpg

Nute burn. Give it regular water for the next couple of weeks, no miracle-gro. The soil should feed it fine during that time. Let it grow a little bigger before giving it nutes. Also, how often are you watering and where did you get the soil from? It looks like you dug a hole in your yard and used that. Some perlite/vermiculite in the soil would be good. I would add it now while the plant is small and unhealthy anyway.

I'm watering about once a day when I get back from work. The soil I got from a store, just regular compost. Will stop giving it nutes then, thanks.

It's not good to water everyday. good root development comes from a dy/wet cycle. Essentially, the roots reach for the water during the dry cycle- and grow.

No nutes in the beginning few weeks.

We'd suggest you read the How to Thread, there's some good info in there. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Good luck

Thanks mate. Do you think if I trim the leaves, transfer the plant into a bigger pot with soil and perlite, which won't have the miracle grow stuff, the plant will get better?

Thanks mate. Do you think if I trim the leaves, transfer the plant into a bigger pot with soil and perlite, which won't have the miracle grow stuff, the plant will get better?

Yes. I would also get some better nutes... I use Fox Farms Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Do you have a way to test the ph? What kind of water are you using?

Back
Top Bottom