Can someone tell me what's wrong with my cannabis plant?

Mattypro420

Can someone tell me whats wrong with my canabis plant the veins are yellow and my stem has purple on it any help would be much appreciated

20210604_122306.jpg

20210604_122243.jpg

20210604_122216.jpg

20210604_122155.jpg

Welcome aboard, think we've met before already on the faq page but this is the place to introduce yourself. I will ask the moderators to move this over to the FAQ page

Sorry but our crystal ball is in the shop for repairs.... he, he, he, - but seriously we need more info.

What kind of soil mix? Are you adding nutes? Which nutes? Are you using cal-mag? Do you adjust ph? If so to what value? How much water do you give her? How often do you add water? Is that photoperiod, an auto flower or from a bag seed?

hiya matty welcome to 420 :welcome:

we're gonna need some more info. and this should probably be moved to the faq, but here goes.

we'll need to know the media
if there are nutrients in the media
what you are feeding it, if anything
how often you feed it
where it lives, lighting etc

as a quick guess it looks a bit hungry to me, but not so bad it can't be saved.
it sort of looks like it's in a clear cup, if so slide a colored one over it. make sure both have drainage holes.

you should stick around and join the fun here.
give this a quick run through to get settled and how to find and do stuff.

you're doing not so bad for an early first shot.

I have made my own grow box I have a fan to cerculation my heat at 65° all the time I'm using tap water I feed it water every 4 days I'm using pro mix vegetables and hearb mix for my soil in noticing now the end of the leafs or burning tips the pro mix says it feed the plant for 3 months I'm not sure what's going on a really need help I'm clueless on what to do

IMG_20210602_131821.jpg
that's the soil I'm using from Walmart I give it tap water that's been siting for 24h Be for feeding if someone good help me out with this will be much appreciated appreciated

I find these charts very helpful, From what I see it may be a slight nitrogen deficiency. They may not be 100% accurate but, it does help IMO. It also only looks like the one is having the issue the other two look good.

marijuana-deficiency-chart-748x750.jpg

Gonna start with the standard saying..... it’s not good to transplant an auto - doing so can stunt them and trash your yields. Start autos in large final containers but then you gotta learn to water differently. reference Emily’s article on how to water an small plant or auto in large final container.

I see several things, but main thing is do not transplant them again for now tho. They need to stabile and can be transplanted later on in a few weeks.

Clear or translucent containers are bad, roots will light prune themselves and avoid growing to the edge of the container. It’s important for roots to fill up a container like really rootbound before transplant. Another way to talk about light pruning is - roots love air but not exposure to light. Wrap your containers in aluminum foil for now. Wide containers are bad, tapered are preferred. Look at nursery pots at the big box stores, containers should be taller than wide with air holes in the low sides - not the bottoms. Air can’t flow into the bottom when sitting on a flat surface - elevate those on a grate like oven rack, grill rack or the coated wire shelving from hardware store.

I suspect that soil is simply not drying out enough between watering sessions.... best way for the soil to dry out is for the plant to use up the water held by the soil. In that type of soil watering on a schedule is not good for young plants, when the soil dries out the roots will build fine hairs to search for water. Now if you were in LOS you could water much more frequently but for the soil type that you have I suspect you are slowly loving them to death with the watering can.

Every container of soil that has been watered contains a small hidden lake called the perched water table. Its water held in suspension by the wicking action of the soil. For now tilt those containers to steep 45 dgreee angle and prop them up so they won’t roll or tumble over. Leave them propped up at 45 degree angle for at least 24 hours. The containers might pee a few drops of water out and this will reset the oerched water table. Don’t water again for about 5 or 6 days but keep watch on the plant. You should be able to remove the foil and see color difference in layers of soil by looking at sides of container - the top will be lighter colored than the bottom cuz it’s drier, the bottom will be darker cuz it’s holding more water.

If the holes in the bottom should be at least 1/4 inch in diameter, might help to drill out holes in the sides near the bottom of container.

the purple stens can be normal on some strains but can also indicate magnesium deficiency. I can see that’s a version of pro-mix but most here use pro-mix HP. I’m not sure what’s in that soil mix or if slow release nutes have been added... might be something to check. Do you have nutrients to add? You will need some before long, might want to check our sponsors the new Geoflora organic dry mix is all the rage around here now. Whatever brand you choose- start out slow at lower dose to see how the plant responds

looking good - hope it helps....

Back
Top Bottom