Canadian Growers Group & Friends

its alot of work to grow some decent pot ! i enjoy it something to do every day but not to much work with a
small garden.. im going for a record breaking grow this time try to get 2.5 lbs cured buds out of the 5x5..!!!
Lets see, 2.5 lbs squished with a 15 to 25 % return ....... that's 170 to 284 grams.:lot-o-toke:

There's is no way I'm gonna use 630 watts in a 2x4 for flower. I'm sure it would due an amazing job but I'm on a Watt budget. It's 300 watts for flowering 2 plants. Hell if I used my TS3000 it would also due an amazing job.

who said to use a 630 in a 4x2 ? not me 630 divided by 8 sqft 78.75 watts per sq ft .. thats an oven

315 cmh / 8 = 39.75 perfect.. need ventilation blowers n fans..

who said to use a 630 in a 4x2 ? not me 630 divided by 8 sqft 78.75 watts per sq ft .. thats an oven

My Bad.... I thought you said to put 2 cmh's in there. I could use some heat down in my basement where its always cold, but not that much. I have to heat grow room and especially now that it starting to get colder.

How good of a job do you think a 315w cmh would due in a 2x4... I'm thinking not enough coverage.

This plant only had a short veg. It was grown in coco under a 300 watt led. Light was about 20 inches away because other plants where taller. My next grow will be bigger plants. 24 K, Kandy Kush, and Baker St. Seed went in today!

20211101_172837_resized.jpg

I had a surprise a few days ago, I noticed one of my containers that had my Nepal Jam had some condensation along the sides. After opening it I observed sadly that the buds were wet and had the unmistakable smell of mould. I dumped it out on a plastic sheet to have a look and there were some white filiments of mould around several buds. Too bad, I threw the entire contents away. This is the first time this has happened to me and I kick myself because I was too much in a hurry to leave for a few days to spend with the family after so many months in isolation, I should have been more careful and let them to hang for a few more days. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes, but I feel like I should have been more careful. I checked the rest and they seem okay, but I'm spreading all the colas from the Power Plant buds on a large plastic sheet and drying them more before I pack them up. Maybe I'll pack them in CO2 gas to be extra safe.

The good news is I still have lots left including bud from last year that seems to be almost as good a year later. Chalk it up to experience, but I won't do that again. On the positive side the Purple Satellite buds have an intense smell of dark berries, almost like blackberry pie and my cross of Zamaldelica and Durban Poison - Big Freeze is a delight to vape, clear clean and long lasting.

I had a surprise a few days ago, I noticed one of my containers that had my Nepal Jam had some condensation along the sides. After opening it I observed sadly that the buds were wet and had the unmistakable smell of mould. I dumped it out on a plastic sheet to have a look and there were some white filiments of mould around several buds. Too bad, I threw the entire contents away. This is the first time this has happened to me and I kick myself because I was too much in a hurry to leave for a few days to spend with the family after so many months in isolation, I should have been more careful and let them to hang for a few more days. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes, but I feel like I should have been more careful. I checked the rest and they seem okay, but I'm spreading all the colas from the Power Plant buds on a large plastic sheet and drying them more before I pack them up. Maybe I'll pack them in CO2 gas to be extra safe.

The good news is I still have lots left including bud from last year that seems to be almost as good a year later. Chalk it up to experience, but I won't do that again. On the positive side the Purple Satellite buds have an intense smell of dark berries, almost like blackberry pie and my cross of Zamaldelica and Durban Poison - Big Freeze is a delight to vape, clear clean and long lasting.
That's to bad especially after all the time put in on the grow. If I read it right you had the buds in containers and just wondering if you had any humidity packs in with them such as Boveda?.....

need to check once daily when just going into the jars.. I use big mouth one liter mason jars.. with humidity packs..
really helps those packs .. dont lose jars anymore.. :)

My grow space is independent of my house and needs cooled and heated and I give up canopy space to other stuff besides weed. Even at that it's more than I need. No off hour electricity rates in rural NS. I'm sure the lps would grow better weed if they weren't racing for the bottom dollar. The boat they're in they have to. I never did calculate in gas for power outages and had less efficient lighting, still a win win.

My grow space is independent of my house and needs cooled and heated and I give up canopy space to other stuff besides weed. Even at that it's more than I need. No off hour electricity rates in rural NS. I'm sure the lps would grow better weed if they weren't racing for the bottom dollar. The boat they're in they have to. I never did calculate in gas for power outages and had less efficient lighting, still a win win.
i get wknd and and nights 7 to 7 am low rate charges but its alot higher than it use to be..

so just in veg i pay into premium rates. 12/12 at 7 to 7 in ontario..

Back
Top Bottom