Canadian Growers Group & Friends

PAR meter is what one wants to get a true reading on usable light penetration over a Lux meter or so I have been told.
As a note this last Aug I put one plant in my 4X6 grow box to finish and put both of my 600 W VipraSpector LED's over her at 18 in and had to raise the lights to 22 in. as the plant was getting to much light and that was a first for me. I usually use these lights over 4 plants and what I learnt was that the lights would be better suited for 2 plants in the future grows.
So next spring I will start the plants under lights in March then come June I will put the plants outside for a month. Then bring in 2 plants to finish under my LED's for 10-12 weeks and when they are done put the other 2 plants that have been left outside most of the summer into finish.....So that is the plan and I will see if I can keep to it.

I'm thinking the same thing jack. This light has done a reasonable job in my 4x4. I can just turn down dimmer to 300 watts I'm thinking. Not sure if that will work tho. Will light be intense enough?
Turning it down a bit can help

I will see about selling my light and tent second hand. Light was about $650 new. I see want you mean about light being the right size. I like the Grow light Science Grow 300 @ $482 . Unless I get at least $500 for TS3000 I'm in a quandary. TS3000 would do a good job even in a 2 x 4. I think a light like Grow 300 would .

ive spent thousands on light s and im just an amature grower.. get use to it.. lol

how can u go wrong 369.00 for 630 de cmh light kit with bulb bat wing reflector 369.00 all u need.. cad

I checked out the Grow Light Science LED. Nice choice, I like the red leaning thing and use Electric Sky for that reason. They are expensive and I have had nothing to compare them to other than HID. This winter I'm going to run 1000 watt hps on a light rail with two 300s pointing inward from the outsides. It's overkill all the way around but I'm retired and planning on dieing broke. If there's anything left it's going to be an accounting error.:)

instead of the 1000 watt hps get the new 1000 watt cmh kits 120 volt bulb balast reflector bat wing only 399.00
will kill your hps light .. and no glasses needed maybe sunglasses will be intense light cri 90 plus your hps is only
cri of 25 to 30 tops..

cheers..

Talking to anyone who will listen.

Well I aware I'm under powered in that 4x4 tent with TS3000 only giving me 430w of light. It's giving more top self bud than I could ever smoke. Now I'm gonna put my TS 3000 in the new 2x4 tent. I will get a chance to see what 54 watts a sq foot can do compared to 27 watts I've used last 3 grows. I'm curious to see what changes in the grow. I couldn't imagine getting better quality buds.

I appreciate advice about the T5's. The thought is I will be vegging for 9-10 weeks, the length of time it take to flower. I'm thinking I only need two 4 footers.

430 watts divided by 4x4 16sq ft tent is 26.875 watts per sq ft.. at the low end but not under powered
25 to 50 is good ..

u go up to 50 watt per sq ft you better have some serious ventilation ready to go ...

630 in a 5x5 is 25 watts per sq ft.. 1000 watts is 40 watts per sq ft.. i like that..

instead of the 1000 watt hps get the new 1000 watt cmh kits 120 volt bulb balast reflector bat wing only 399.00
will kill your hps light .. and no glasses needed maybe sunglasses will be intense light cri 90 plus your hps is only
cri of 25 to 30 tops..

cheers..
That would be a good plan. With an air cooled hood and the light mover I can run hps close to my canopy. I've got bulbs and ballasts that need used up before I consider more and i'm old school and at times miss the orange glow and a ballast humming away. I should maybe play the numbers game more but i put whatever quality I get way above quantity .......... and looks.:thumb:

Just checking kijjiji, the local grow shop is big on cmh and there's good deals on used 630s. Lots of leds to. Seems like quite a few people tried and got disillusioned with growing since legalization. Only problem is, I catch heat when I bring something home, I'm forced to get rid of something of equal or greater volume. Maybe i'll bite? Ready for Halloween in my neck of the woods, might get 5 kids if we're lucky!

Just checking kijjiji, the local grow shop is big on cmh and there's good deals on used 630s. Lots of leds to. Seems like quite a few people tried and got disillusioned with growing since legalization. Only problem is, I catch heat when I bring something home, I'm forced to get rid of something of equal or greater volume. Maybe i'll bite? Ready for Halloween in my neck of the woods, might get 5 kids if we're lucky!

its alot of work to grow some decent pot ! i enjoy it something to do every day but not to much work with a
small garden.. im going for a record breaking grow this time try to get 2.5 lbs cured buds out of the 5x5..!!!

430 watts divided by 4x4 16sq ft tent is 26.875 watts per sq ft.. at the low end but not under powered
25 to 50 is good ..

u go up to 50 watt per sq ft you better have some serious ventilation ready to go ...

630 in a 5x5 is 25 watts per sq ft.. 1000 watts is 40 watts per sq ft.. i like that..
There's is no way I'm gonna use 630 watts in a 2x4 for flower. I'm sure it would due an amazing job but I'm on a Watt budget. It's 300 watts for flowering 2 plants. Hell if I used my TS3000 it would also due an amazing job.

Just for the helluvit - what do you guys think it costs in electricity, per month, during a grow??
I'm in Victoria BC... It's so cheap for electricity until you hit a certain point then it goes for a fractions of a penny per kw to 8 cents then goes to 13 cents or so at another point... With heating a home and running all the nice things there's not a lot of room for grow light being cheap to run. When the bill goes up it's because of the grow. I try to run as lean as possible... I need a dehumidifier too. It runs at over 300 watts + fans. It all adds up.

I'm in Victoria BC... It's so cheap for electricity until you hit a certain point then it goes for a fractions of a penny per kw to 8 cents then goes to 13 cents or so at another point... With heating a home and running all the nice things there's not a lot of room for grow light being cheap to run. When the bill goes up it's because of the grow. I try to run as lean as possible... I need a dehumidifier too. It runs at over 300 watts + fans. It all adds up.
I'm in the same boat. I just chalk it up to being a hobby and let the wife pay the bills.

Back
Top Bottom