Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Well I’m 1 plant from finishing my first grow of 2021. Last one will come down on Thursday and should end with just shy of 2lbs dry from the 9 plants I grew. Loving so far my Lemenchello Haze, Amnesia Lemon Kush, and Bruce Banger a lot. Moby Dick is intense for first 30-45min but seemed to dissipate quickly afterwards and Diesel Drift I found kind of the same. I’m still experiencing some weird Covid long hauler stuff and it was bad enough that no weed could get me high. Reliable strains weren’t doing anything and almost wrote off my new Creamsicle harvest. Fri/Sat my weed was working amazingly and so did Creamsicle. Hope to start my new grow on Sunday but some highlight harvest pics

61CF4812-4A1D-48DF-A79A-7F2116AC02DE.jpeg

66A123A8-4A5F-4CE9-886B-E3DEA07CCCAE.jpeg

C1A65832-3C96-4EBA-ABF0-C7F1F28781DB.jpeg

258AF473-744A-4C43-B6AF-E16F695E3307.jpeg

C59DA578-7E5A-4B75-AE25-25F43C5A4375.jpeg

774D3494-B815-4F74-8F28-56D2F9D8F178.png
That bud is truly a thing of beauty!!

I remember when I would mono crop a good plant to death. Mustang, that's an impressive seed list! Variety is the spice of life. My bet is that the MK tops them all. My uncle is pushing 80 and still like to grow. The real old guys like bragging rites, it's all about size and looks! Throw quality out the window. LOL! He grows in an old manure pile and figured that grow lights where no good because they burnt plants. I had to explain to him that turkey shit was way to strong for a grow light. LOL! It's finally starting to warm up enough to hit the critical temp. for black flys..........YAY............

I transplanted my six seedlings a few days ago outside thinking it was warm enough for them to survive the night temperatures. However the last two nights have been chilly. People in town say they saw frost on their car windshields, so I know it got cold. Luckily my plants survived and did OK, with the exception of the Nepal Jam. It pulled through but I can tell it wasn't happy with the first frosty night outside. So last night I put plastic cloche covers on and they did much better. Here are some pics, notice how the Nepal Jam looks like showing the leaves are turning down. and notice how the Bangi Haze has the tri - leaf pattern: it started as three cotyledon leaves and has kept up the same pattern. After checking this morning all seemed fine. I dodged a bullet.

Bangi Haze.jpg

Power Plant.jpg

Zamaldelica x DPxBF.jpg

Nepal Jam after frost.jpg

Purple Satellite and New Caledonia.jpg

Well, today I finally transplanted my seedlings outdoors. I have six plants this year, four growing in the garden and two growing in pots. The reason two are in pots is because they will need more time this fall to mature and I will bring them in to sit in front of a sunny south facing window. I've done this three times before and the results were good. I expect the garden plants to get huge.

Last year I planted a Beanhoarder cross of the real (not the Dutch version) Durban Poison an unadulterated sativa from South Africa, and Big Freeze, a huge indica developed in Quebec. The plant reached nine feet in height and yielded a pound of buds. So this year I'm expecting large outdoor grown plants. My plants are Bangi Haze (Fem), Powerplant, (Fem), Nepal Jam (Fem), and my own cross of the Beanhoarder DPxBF X my own Zamaldelica (Standard seed). The plants in pots are New Caledonia (Standard seed) from the South Pacific, and Purple Satellite (standard seed). I will post more pics as the season continues.

First Day Outdoor Grow.jpg

Newpal Jam First Day Grow Outdoors.jpg

Power Plant and Zamaldelica Crossed with DP and Big Freeze.jpg
I use drip line in my veg garden all the time(about 1500 feet) but I wonder if you would be better served with add on emitters plugged into poli pipe at the specific locations for your plants? Water is a scarcity here so you want to be specific where you water.
Products and Solutions | Netafim | Irrigation Supplies these guys are the best drip irrigation people out there and can be found locally.....

I use drip line in my veg garden all the time(about 1500 feet) but I wonder if you would be better served with add on emitters plugged into poli pipe at the specific locations for your plants? Water is a scarcity here so you want to be specific where you water.
Products and Solutions | Netafim | Irrigation Supplies these guys are the best drip irrigation people out there and can be found locally.....
I think you are correct, it would indeed be more efficient to have a drip line. Nevertheless the system we use works quite well and is turned on three times per week for a total of 1.5 hours, much less than the average person watering their lawn. Plus our garden is huge and using emitters for each plant (we have a hundred or more plants and emitters would not be feasible). Later on in the season when plant roots are deep in the soil we cut back on our watering schedule to reduce our water demand. I use emitters for our front flower garden and they are fine, but even with emitters we have some leakage here and there. I'd like to see your set-up, I bet it works very well too.

I think you are correct, it would indeed be more efficient to have a drip line. Nevertheless the system we use works quite well and is turned on three times per week for a total of 1.5 hours, much less than the average person watering their lawn. Plus our garden is huge and using emitters for each plant (we have a hundred or more plants and emitters would not be feasible). Later on in the season when plant roots are deep in the soil we cut back on our watering schedule to reduce our water demand. I use emitters for our front flower garden and they are fine, but even with emitters we have some leakage here and there. I'd like to see your set-up, I bet it works very well too.
I have 2 kinds of drip lines one has spacing every 12 in. and the other every 18 in. both are 0.5 gal a hour emitters. The 12 in. emitters work best with row crops such as carrots, spinach and so on. The 18 in. emitters work well with crops that are spaced out (not a pun) such as spuds or hedge rows of brush such are raspberries. Though I have not tried them myself the emitters that you actually just insert into regular black poli 1/2in/3/4 in pipe at set locations and you could double/triple up on a plant. This kind of emitter is used for shrubs or trees. All these emitters work on low water pressure as this is a plus for us here where our water is on gravity and metered as to 2.5 gal per hour......

I understand that. I find some plants planted in June can make up for the late planting by Mid July. Then everything looks the same size.
i do clones so you have 1-2 months of growth on cuttings already plus 2 weeks for roots and adjust to real 100% light indoors or sun outdoors. i've given away clones in july that still grow 5' plus feet by sept.

IMG_20210602_072103856.jpg
This is one of my garden beds ( sorry for the crappy phone pic) this my old drip line with 18 in spacing on my tomatoes, Peppers, Radishes, Spinach and closet just emerging Carrots that were under the 2x4.
Very nice mate! thats alot of garden , that should relax the mind and work the tan :Rasta: your friends must love the veggies and weed !!!

IMG_20210602_070933.jpg
these are in my grow box and I have just put them into 12/12. Hope to cut down in August....
that timing gives you good 8-10 weeks flower time, very nice timing for some august weed. i'm doing the same with auto flowers hopping for august harvest.

remember mates it's not how much weed you have in sept or oct it's how much 'last year weed' you have in june-august waiting for this year harvest :lot-o-toke:

Long time composter me. I don't know about brilliant, just lots of time in an old camper and playing with 12 v power. I don't garden like I use to, to anchored by age. Lots of rain here, the good gets leeched out of ground and the clay just eats compost.

that timing gives you good 8-10 weeks flower time, very nice timing for some august weed. i'm doing the same with auto flowers hopping for august harvest.

remember mates it's not how much weed you have in sept or oct it's how much 'last year weed' you have in june-august waiting for this year harvest :lot-o-toke:
My thoughts are to do 2 crops in the future 2 under lights which I am doing now and a second 2 outside that would be brought in at the end of Aug to finish flowering. I am curious how my outside plants do in relationship to the indoor plants in production of flower. If it goes well I may only do 2 plants in the future and start indoors and then transfer outside this time of year and bring in the plants in Aug as I would like to reduce the power I use so I may only do one grow of 2 plants next depending on how it all goes......

Nice to be getting underway! Plus 100⁰ in my greenhouse yesterday, lots of water and weed and food loving it! I never grew autos before, man they grow fast! My Blimburn auto Tangie that is supposed to be phoney in Canada has a smell that is spot on with Tangie ........... the seed business really is mind boggling right now.

Back
Top Bottom