Canadian Medical User...Hello from BC

BCBuddha

I am an old dawg in the Cannabis game.

Been involved in Marijuana since the 70's, but back then it was purely for fun...:party:. I stopped enjoying Cannabis once I got married, grew up and became responsible, as lots of us do, around 25. Once I was divorced 8 years later, I discovered you can grow up, be responsible and still get High. It was more everyone else's idea then mine to give the Herb up.

So I started to enjoy life once again with a joint when I got home from work.

The Medical thing didn't start until I was about 38-39, quite a few years later. This is when the Arthritis reared it's ugly head and with the speed of light it seemed, I was screwed within a few years. The Doc put me on all these medications that pretty much stop the enjoyment of life I had rekindled after the divorce. I did the pills for the next few years, because I was taught Doctors know best. I was just feeling ok but not quite myself, kinda sick but not really well or 100%. I finally got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and with the encouragement of my brother, started to smoke more pot, I figured it couldn't be worse, I just wanted to feel half ways good. I found I felt much better, started to forget my pills better. Then I realized I cut my medications in half and I was almost back at par with my life. This was the changing point in my life. I started basically harassing my doctor to sign the papers to become an exemptee with Health Canada and use pot legally with no danger from the police, for myself or family.

After 6 years, he finally signed.

I was free from prosecution from the law and could grow my own medicine. I have now taken 100 Oxcycodine a month, down to 100 a year, I only use then for break through pain now. I cut my anti inflamatory's in half. I eliminated the Sulfur pills entirely and I am back at work full time making full wages.

Marijuana saved my life, in many ways.

I now spend time helping others to become Licensed Exemptee's with Health Canada and the MMAR program. I have only been able to help 3 people so far, but I am proud of that and there will be more, of that I am sure.

Peace...Buddha

First off, welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

I just love your story and I am so glad you were able to receive the healing properties of cannabis.

I myself have suffered from arthritis for many years because of the nature of my job and without them I would have had to go out on disability a long time ago.

Most people in this world have no idea that cannabis even has such properties as to heal the sick...it's scary how little people know about such a beautiful plant and that's what we here at 420 Magazine are trying to change.

I like to invite you to read our Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting so we can get you started sharing your experiences and knowledge with our members and maybe, who knows, you might just learn something from us.

I hope you enjoy our wonderful community, Thank you for joining :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom