Canna-honey?

falstaffo

so while i am harvesting my first crops, my father has just completed his first harvest of beautiful honey for the year.

goes without saying i want to combine the two...

however i am no chef, and am still pranging about the extraction processes i am yet to perform lol

not quite sure who the resident cooks are, but has anyone ever infused honey? if so what are the methods or what could i do??
thanks in advance!!!!

My favorite edible. Infuse it for 8-12 hours on low heat (120F) in a crock pot. Put the cannabis in a sachet and then just throw it in...squeeze out all the goodness from the sachet after the simmer. Makes the best cup of tea ever.... :headbanger:

My favorite edible. Infuse it for 8-12 hours on low heat (120F) in a crock pot. Put the cannabis in a sachet and then just throw it in...squeeze out all the goodness from the sachet after the simmer. Makes the best cup of tea ever.... :headbanger:

i have a pressure cooker
4F0538F3-9244-4AC9-9992-D1DF67B4564C.jpeg

doesnt tell me temps on each setting in manual and ive emailed to ask manufacturer, would this be any good?
i wasnt sure if heating honey up was ok to do tbh.
could i use honey for fhi then?

i have a pressure cooker
4F0538F3-9244-4AC9-9992-D1DF67B4564C.jpeg

doesnt tell me temps on each setting in manual and ive emailed to ask manufacturer, would this be any good?
i wasnt sure if heating honey up was ok to do tbh.
could i use honey for fhi then?
Totally...we only do fhi...look in the operating instructions and see how low you can get the "slow cooking" mode to go...if you can manually set the time and temp set it for 12 hours @ 140-150F/60-65C (my wife just corrected my previous temp guess)

Tied cheese cloth or strained thru a coffee filter after the infusion, ether way works, I use coconut oil as the carrier but see no reason y honey can’t b used instead :idea: it’s a bit sticker as long as it’s hot it should flow thru the filter OK imo.

Another way to be considered. I have not tried it but it is doable. Mostly I don't know how well the Honey absorbs the THC. Butters and oils work because THC is oil and not water soluble. Not sure where honey lands in that equation.

You go the alcohol way and make a tincture. Then mix it with honey and let the alcohol evaporate out.

i dont really have the space to do anything with alcohol tbh, no outdoor space and cant be doing it inside here i think, from the little i read to begin, the fumes and fire potential were too great a hazard for me lol so infusions and extracts by other means will be my only course, for the time being anyway.

I have never used heat to do it. Nothing fancy just soak a bunch of pot in Everclear than let it evaporate out. Only takes a day or 2. This process was used for making hash oil for years. With the process to mix it with honey you would probably need to stir it alot early on while it is still thin helping the alcohol evaporate. Like I said this is all just conjecture but it should work.

Lots of ways to make this process better. Soaking and rinsing the buds helps a lot flavor wise. A decarb sure would hurt either.

I always made this before the days of decarbing weed. It was also used as hash oil that was smoked and not as a edible. For those that don't know there is a difference.

Since that time I have started using the rinsing method when I do my Coconut oil. Flavors are a lot better. So I am sure this would help for a cleaner final product. My old hash oil would come out a ugly greenish brown. Still got you baked but it wasn't pretty as some of the concentrates now like shatter.

Definitely need to decarb...
so decarb before the earlier instruction of 12hrs @ 140-150f? or after?
im sure this is really simple, but im really confused now lol

Back
Top Bottom