Cannabis Dosing: Delivery Methods & Dosing Guidelines

Adding this thread to my signature, this needs to be right at hand.

:adore:

Living up to and well beyond that MotY moniker. We are all so lucky to have you here Sue.

Thank you.

I'm so grateful to this community, I'm driven to give back. There are so many people looking for information like this. I could spend years going through this site alone, translating medical cannabis information. How blessed am I?

Thank you, Sue. This is info I can use.

That warms my heart Angusman. :love: If any questions arise, we can surely work them out. We're all students here.

Hi, SweetSue!

I was directed to you by Cajun after I posted on one of his Posts, so to save some time I am just going to copy and paste what I already posted....I hope you don't mind.:love:

Exclamation Re: A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer
Hi, all!

I'm new here, but I have spent the last week putting in countless hours reading everything I can here, hoping to find the answers to my specific situation, to no avail. I have made it to page 30 on this post in particular, hoping I had the time to get all the way through it without having to bother anybody, especially Cajuncelt and SweetSue because I see the 2 of you are VERY VERY busy, but I am absolutely running out of time and I desperately need some specific advise to help save my father's life!

I will try to keep this as short as I can:
My dad is 81 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 "inoperable and terminal" esophageal cancer 3 weeks ago. He was told he also has a "small spot" on his lung and another "small spot" on his liver. He has gone from a healthy 160 lbs (a few months ago) and as of today, he is 118lbs. They inserted a feeding tube in his belly about 10 days ago. He has only lost MORE weight since then. After the doctors told him there was nothing they could do for him, they sent him home (I'm assuming to die). He is too weak to walk and can barely stand. He literally looks like a Holocaust victim...I have NEVER seen anybody so skinny and still alive! It is almost impossible to look at him...breaks my heart! He has had NO chemo or radiation. He cannot even swallow his own saliva...it just puddles in the back of his throat and he is constantly gurgling and spitting it up all day and night.

I am SO concerned about how fast he is wasting away! Does anybody have any great advise on what I could juice for him, that would start putting some weight back on his tiny frail body?? I NEED a great recipe for him so badly!! They way it is going, I wouldn't be surprised if he only has days to live....I am so terrified the answers and help I need are going to come too late!!! Please, I need to put something in that feeding tube that will make him feel better and start nourishing him properly!!! I beg of you all...

He did a REALLY good job of hiding from me since sometime in February and lying to me since then, as well. I had NO idea he was sick and how terrible he was doing. You see, he has had TERRIBLE spinal bone spurs his whole life and he blamed his absence and constant time laying in bed on that, so none of us thought too much of it because it has hindered him pretty badly for many years.

Anyway, as soon as I found out about the cancer diagnosis, I told him that he should not let the Doctors talk him into Chemo or even radiation because, once I saw just how thin and weak he was, I knew it would kill him faster than any cancer would! I then told him I wanted to try to treat him with Cannabis Oil and I had to do NO convincing him with that. Even though he has never even smoked a joint in his life, he was absolutely open minded and open to going this course!

Since then, I have been spending all my time outside of work, reading and researching and I learned about Rick Simpson and all that. Thing is, the more I read, the more I realised I couldn't just feed him CCO and assume it would bring him back from the brink like it did for good 'ol Stan Rutner. I can only assume he lucked out with how well and fast it worked for him. So many blurry details in all this and of course it's making my head spin. I am exhausting myself trying to find the right answer to save my dad specifically, and all I'm doing is adding to the questions with all the variables....I'm feeling more and more like a failure every day. My dad has always been the absolute BEST father a girl could ever ask for. He always made sure he had time for me and taught me much much more than most fathers teach their daughters. He always made me feel loved and with him around I always knew I was safe. He made me his number 1 priority and gave me more love and knowledge than I could've hoped for. He is the reason I grew into a strong, confident, and fiercely independent woman and I am thankful everyday for having him. Even though I am now 38 years old, I am still my daddy's girl and I need to do everything I can to try to save him...and if I can't save him, I have to AT LEAST help him leave this world with some dignity and pain free. I am his only hope, only light at the end of this awful tunnel known as terminal cancer, and it's time for me to give him the same love and attention he always gave me.

Now, I am begging you (specifically YOU, cajuncelt...because it is obvious to me that you are THE MAN!!!) I know that you are EXTREMELY BUSY and probably have people beating down your door for help and advise and ANY amount of your time is EXTREMELY valuable!! I beg of you, and ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE who can advise me on my specific problem......PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME SAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN I'VE EVER KNOWN!

So much love and respect for what you all are doing everyday to help people, Thank you so much!!!

Tanja

Hi, SweetSue!

I was directed to you by Cajun after I posted on one of his Posts, so to save some time I am just going to copy and paste what I already posted....I hope you don't mind.:love:

Exclamation Re: A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer
Hi, all!

I'm new here, but I have spent the last week putting in countless hours reading everything I can here, hoping to find the answers to my specific situation, to no avail. I have made it to page 30 on this post in particular, hoping I had the time to get all the way through it without having to bother anybody, especially Cajuncelt and SweetSue because I see the 2 of you are VERY VERY busy, but I am absolutely running out of time and I desperately need some specific advise to help save my father's life!

I will try to keep this as short as I can:
My dad is 81 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 "inoperable and terminal" esophageal cancer 3 weeks ago. He was told he also has a "small spot" on his lung and another "small spot" on his liver. He has gone from a healthy 160 lbs (a few months ago) and as of today, he is 118lbs. They inserted a feeding tube in his belly about 10 days ago. He has only lost MORE weight since then. After the doctors told him there was nothing they could do for him, they sent him home (I'm assuming to die). He is too weak to walk and can barely stand. He literally looks like a Holocaust victim...I have NEVER seen anybody so skinny and still alive! It is almost impossible to look at him...breaks my heart! He has had NO chemo or radiation. He cannot even swallow his own saliva...it just puddles in the back of his throat and he is constantly gurgling and spitting it up all day and night.

I am SO concerned about how fast he is wasting away! Does anybody have any great advise on what I could juice for him, that would start putting some weight back on his tiny frail body?? I NEED a great recipe for him so badly!! They way it is going, I wouldn't be surprised if he only has days to live....I am so terrified the answers and help I need are going to come too late!!! Please, I need to put something in that feeding tube that will make him feel better and start nourishing him properly!!! I beg of you all...

He did a REALLY good job of hiding from me since sometime in February and lying to me since then, as well. I had NO idea he was sick and how terrible he was doing. You see, he has had TERRIBLE spinal bone spurs his whole life and he blamed his absence and constant time laying in bed on that, so none of us thought too much of it because it has hindered him pretty badly for many years.

Anyway, as soon as I found out about the cancer diagnosis, I told him that he should not let the Doctors talk him into Chemo or even radiation because, once I saw just how thin and weak he was, I knew it would kill him faster than any cancer would! I then told him I wanted to try to treat him with Cannabis Oil and I had to do NO convincing him with that. Even though he has never even smoked a joint in his life, he was absolutely open minded and open to going this course!

Since then, I have been spending all my time outside of work, reading and researching and I learned about Rick Simpson and all that. Thing is, the more I read, the more I realised I couldn't just feed him CCO and assume it would bring him back from the brink like it did for good 'ol Stan Rutner. I can only assume he lucked out with how well and fast it worked for him. So many blurry details in all this and of course it's making my head spin. I am exhausting myself trying to find the right answer to save my dad specifically, and all I'm doing is adding to the questions with all the variables....I'm feeling more and more like a failure every day. My dad has always been the absolute BEST father a girl could ever ask for. He always made sure he had time for me and taught me much much more than most fathers teach their daughters. He always made me feel loved and with him around I always knew I was safe. He made me his number 1 priority and gave me more love and knowledge than I could've hoped for. He is the reason I grew into a strong, confident, and fiercely independent woman and I am thankful everyday for having him. Even though I am now 38 years old, I am still my daddy's girl and I need to do everything I can to try to save him...and if I can't save him, I have to AT LEAST help him leave this world with some dignity and pain free. I am his only hope, only light at the end of this awful tunnel known as terminal cancer, and it's time for me to give him the same love and attention he always gave me.

Now, I am begging you (specifically YOU, cajuncelt...because it is obvious to me that you are THE MAN!!!) I know that you are EXTREMELY BUSY and probably have people beating down your door for help and advise and ANY amount of your time is EXTREMELY valuable!! I beg of you, and ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE who can advise me on my specific problem......PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME SAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN I'VE EVER KNOWN!

So much love and respect for what you all are doing everyday to help people, Thank you so much!!!

Tanja

Tanja, my heart goes out to you. I'm going to copy this entire post and transfer it to my study hall. I personally have no experience in treating this, I'm more of a fascilitator, bringing the brilliant minds together into the same room and an educator, translating the med speak into digestible language. I see Cajun has offered to seek out his consults. He's also warned you that palliative care may be your only recourse, but that's a blessing in its own right.

This is one of the most difficult transitions we make in our lives Tanja. Your desire to bring your loving father some relief and hopes for healing are a testimony of the depth of your love for him. Regardless of how this ends up, that's what's going to be the defining thing. God bless you Tanja. Well do all we can to help you find the answers you need. I have some errands to run, but I'll post this now and be back ASAP.

The link to the study hall is the last one on my signature line, all the way at the bottom.

Thank u SO much! U have no idea how much it means to me that you would take the time to help a complete stranger who is lost as could be.... Wish I could give u a hug!

Thank u SO much! U have no idea how much it means to me that you would take the time to help a complete stranger who is lost as could be.... Wish I could give u a hug!

Welcome to the family!! You will find this is a wonderful support group of people!!! We may not have all the answers, but we will do our best to try to help you find them!!! BTW. If you want to "give a hug" there is an emoticon for a hug!!! if you type the number 5 with a : on either side, it will give you a hug!!! :hug::circle-of-love::peace:

You bet I'll throw one in. Hugs are a healing force all their own. My own personal prescription is no less than one 20-second hug a day. No exceptions. Sadly, I haven't kept that up in real life, which is why I toss so many out here. They may be multitudinous, but that should, by no means, be interpreted as diminished in affection.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You guys are my driving force. Tanja, you have a PM. You won't be able to answer me on PM until you have 50 posts. Feel free to ask questions at the study hall.

Oh, Sue!! Sweet sweet Sue!:love::love::love: You LITERALLY read my mind! You touched on EVERYTHING I have been planning on doing for him!!! (Well, except for ONE additional thought I had, which was tacking and suppositories simultaneously??) Yay or nay?

Canna Budwig recipe: I NEED!!! And, I figured since he is on a feeding tube it would be almost ideal. Correct me if I am wrong, but is the Canna Budwig the same thing as the "Bomb"??? And in this recipe, the flaxseed...Is that the "BARLEAN'S Omega Swirl Oil" that Cajun uses? Or am I confusing things???

I have a juicer I can borrow from a friend to start making him cancer fighting/killing juices: Have you heard of the " Breuss Cancer Cure?"
It involves:
55% raw red beet root (300 grams),
20% raw carrots (100 grams),
20% raw celery root (100 grams),
3% raw potato (about 1" cube), and
2% raw radishes (30 grams black radish)
Supposedly, it kills cancer in 42 days.... I have also decided to get him some Apricot Kernels to grind up into a powder to add to his juices I make him.

I also figured I should make him Day and Night oil....But of course, having a problem attaining the starting product I need. Ugh, I could just SCREAM!!!

And, I want to send my sincerest apologies about the terrible loss of your dear husband. It is such a travesty that we have to watch the people we love the most suffer and die needlessly when all of this REAL medicine could be right at out fingertips!!! Sending you the biggest 20 second hug I can....:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you again, Angel:circle-of-love::thanks:

Oh, Sue!! Sweet sweet Sue!:love::love::love: You LITERALLY read my mind! You touched on EVERYTHING I have been planning on doing for him!!! (Well, except for ONE additional thought I had, which was tacking and suppositories simultaneously??) Yay or nay?

Canna Budwig recipe: I NEED!!! And, I figured since he is on a feeding tube it would be almost ideal. Correct me if I am wrong, but is the Canna Budwig the same thing as the "Bomb"??? And in this recipe, the flaxseed...Is that the "BARLEAN'S Omega Swirl Oil" that Cajun uses? Or am I confusing things???

I have a juicer I can borrow from a friend to start making him cancer fighting/killing juices: Have you heard of the " Breuss Cancer Cure?"
It involves:
55% raw red beet root (300 grams),
20% raw carrots (100 grams),
20% raw celery root (100 grams),
3% raw potato (about 1" cube), and
2% raw radishes (30 grams black radish)
Supposedly, it kills cancer in 42 days.... I have also decided to get him some Apricot Kernels to grind up into a powder to add to his juices I make him.

I also figured I should make him Day and Night oil....But of course, having a problem attaining the starting product I need. Ugh, I could just SCREAM!!!

And, I want to send my sincerest apologies about the terrible loss of your dear husband. It is such a travesty that we have to watch the people we love the most suffer and die needlessly when all of this REAL medicine could be right at out fingertips!!! Sending you the biggest 20 second hug I can....:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you again, Angel:circle-of-love::thanks:

I just wanted to touch base. I'm still out and may not be able to get to you until very late tonight or tomorrow morning. I've been researching and have some ideas.

Go easy on the super foods at first. Let him adjust. Yes, you figured right on the CannaBudwig. Yes, tacking and suppositories sumultaneously. Your weeks of frustrating study are paying off Tanja.

Take a slow, deep breath. You'll do your best. I'll get you the recipe later tonight by PM.

:Namaste:

No worries about how late it is when you are able to get back to me....I no longer know what sleep is like, anyway.:nomo:

As far as taking it easy on the super foods or juices I am going to make him, I hear ya...but, all he's had in his belly the last almost 2 weeks is that junk Ensure type stuff that the hospital nurses were pouring into his feeding tube. And I'm pretty sure is stomach size is probably about the size of half of my fist, or so. He has been BARELY eating anything for months, I recently found out from my mother. Before he went to the hospital, she said he would basically only eat a few bites of whatever she fixed him for lunch or dinner. He used to LOVE to eat Hardtack toast for breakfast, but I honestly have no idea how long it's been since he stopped doing that too. So, in MY head, I think it would be good to try to put some juice in that feeding tube at the very least, every 2 hours, and slowly every day make each feeding a bit bigger than before to try to maybe make his stomach expand more to the size it SHOULD be?

Great read on another forum! I just printed it out so my mother can read it. She is really struggling with my decision to go this Kamikazee-proactive-alternative route. She is SO hung up on the propaganda she's heard over the last 78 years, she cannot wrap her head around the simply greed driven force behind Big Pharma and doesn't understand why "if this PLANT is so harmless and GOOD for you, then why don't the angelic doctors tell us about it and encourage us to use it???" My mother is the sweetest, most NOT greedy person in the world, so she just cannot understand just how powerful a force greed can be.

Deep breathes, DEEEEEEEEEP BREEEEEEAAAAAATHESSSSSS......:thumb:

I like the way you're thinking. I'm going to send you some info on the CannaBudwig to look over and we can go from there. You have a good head on your shoulders Tanja. Let's be honest here, the prohibitionary attitude of our government has placed us in the sometimes uncomfortable position of feeling our way through. That's what you and I are going to do, drawing on the many resources available and formulating a plan you're comfortable with. The steps are very basic and the proper implementation is to start low and slowly increase.

Your primary concern from my perspective is to get nutrients into him. I'm comfortable that you have that part firmly in hand and that you and your mother can conscientiously approach this. Watch him carefully and go organic as much as possible.

I've been thinking a tincture might help at times, but my gut says for immediate relief a vaporizer feels like the way to go here. It's safe, easy to administer and can offer pain relief, although for shorter periods of time. The CannaBudwig through that feeding tube is something we need to get on. It has tremendous benefit beyond bringing cannabinoids into play. I'll be PMing you in a few minutes.

I like the way you're thinking. I'm going to send you some info on the CannaBudwig to look over and we can go from there. You have a good head on your shoulders Tanja. Let's be honest here, the prohibitionary attitude of our government has placed us in the sometimes uncomfortable position of feeling our way through. That's what you and I are going to do, drawing on the many resources available and formulating a plan you're comfortable with. The steps are very basic and the proper implementation is to start low and slowly increase.

Your primary concern from my perspective is to get nutrients into him. I'm comfortable that you have that part firmly in hand and that you and your mother can conscientiously approach this. Watch him carefully and go organic as much as possible.

I've been thinking a tincture might help at times, but my gut says for immediate relief a vaporizer feels like the way to go here. It's safe, easy to administer and can offer pain relief, although for shorter periods of time. The CannaBudwig through that feeding tube is something we need to get on. It has tremendous benefit beyond bringing cannabinoids into play. I'll be PMing you in a few minutes.

I LOVE having you in my corner and even though I do not know you, I do seem to KNOW that I can trust you and I can trust in everything you tell me...which is really unusual for me because I have been bartending for something like 16 years and it has taught me not to trust virtually ANYONE. I have witnessed the lowest of the low in human behavior and motives and I, for the most part, really have very little faith in humanity as a whole. I get none of my typical feelings of disdain when I hear from you and read what you have to say.:adore:

I will check my PM in a sec but before I forget, I have a couple questions for you:
1. In you opinion, or experience, do you think it is better to "break the buds apart" at least a bit BEFORE you pour the Everclear on them? I haven't seen or read about anybody doing that, but in my mind, I would think that would be better somehow...Please correct me if I am going in the wrong direction.
2. I managed to acquire 1/8 ounce of some medicinal cannabis tonight. I suppose that is too small of an amount to even ATTEMPT a first trial run on making even a tiny amount of CCO? I just wanted to try a small amount to get my feet wet and go through the motions, and if I screw it up some how, I wouldn't be out a ton of money. I wanted to do this before I go all in with medicinal grade from a dispensary and have sunk hundreds of dollars into it. I feel pretty confident, I can do it without botching it, but I just like to play things safe and I absolutely do NOT have the funds to replace a goofed larger batch.

So, whadaya think?

Also, my dad swears he isn't actually in any pain. His major complaints are that he is so weak he can barely stand up let alone walk, and that he can't sleep worth a damn because of the puddling saliva in the back of his throat that he has to continuously cough it up so he can at least breathe properly. So, I don't know if vaporizing anything is actually necessary...?

I just read the PM u sent me and I literally LOL'd as soon as I scrolled down a bit and saw the video you sent me to watch! I recognised that hand and that glass RIGHT AWAY because I already watched that video a couple days ago and I barely got through it because that lady was....well, I think you know where I'm goin with this. haha! Wow, is about all I had to say once it was over. But, it was informative, to say the least.:thedoubletake:

I got the link to the site you wanted me to check out and I bookmarked it on my laptop.:thumb:

I just read the PM u sent me and I literally LOL'd as soon as I scrolled down a bit and saw the video you sent me to watch! I recognised that hand and that glass RIGHT AWAY because I already watched that video a couple days ago and I barely got through it because that lady was....well, I think you know where I'm goin with this. haha! Wow, is about all I had to say once it was over. But, it was informative, to say the least.:thedoubletake:

I got the link to the site you wanted me to check out and I bookmarked it on my laptop.:thumb:

I suppose I should delete that after I get confirmation you got it?

Got it. Delete it from your post.

Sorry Tanja, it slipped my mind that you couldn't PM me. I'll get that out to you right now.

No biggie. No worries. :) It was only up there for a minute or 2.

From this point on, let's move this discussion to the study hall, OK? You're a fighter girl. I like that. I'm exactly what I appear to be Tanja, a fighter in my own right. I'll do my best to get it right with you.

Back
Top Bottom