Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Good morning Motoco, You asked for an update. That might have been on the other thread but I know you will see it here as well. About me, I cannot tack more than the smallest amount without getting stoned. So I am still stuck at 1/8 to 1/4 size grain of rice a day. I get a really good tack, even with that small of an amount, it stays around for hours if I let it. I know that I am extremely sensitve to THC and do not like the feeling I get when it is just ingested. So I will stay at this amount for now because that is the only amount I can tolerate. I am in no hurry anyway because I don't really know what strain this is anyway. At this dosage I don't have any effect from it good or bad. I have other strains that will be ready to test soon and I am hoping for a better sativa.

It took me awhile to find someone who can tell a difference in "high" from one strain to another. I am suspecting my current strain is 50/50 indica, sativa. Maybe even a little heavier on the indica side. My tester's report is that it relaxes the body without messing with her head and makes her want to get up and do something. I was getting frustrated with my husband at not being able to tell me how it makes him feel. There have been a few occasions where I saw him doing really large tacks that should have knocked him on his butt, but it didn't. He just keeps saying that he never feels anything from the oil. So I did an experiment with him and put 1 grain of rice of a cracker and had him eat it. He wasn't in the best mood at the time and he complains about "all my rules". After 2 hours he was still saying he did not feel anything. Sooooo, I fed him another grain of rice size. 2 more hours, the same answer from him. I still have not gotten to the bottom of this, but he has finally told me that "maybe he did feel something and he just can't tell" How is that possible?? Everyone says that the oil is strong and I cannot tolerate even the smallest amounts. And if he cannot tell that he is stoned when he eats it then how will he ever know for sure that he is tacking it correctly. He is pushing my buttons again!! He says that he kinda always feels stoned even when he wakes up after sleeping for 12 hours. (that has been his norm to sleep for that long since his chemo tx) He also says that this stoned/foggy head feeling is something he has had since the seizures, brain surgery, whole brain radiation and chemo. He believes that is the reason he can eat the oil and feel nothing from it. I should mention that when I had him eat it he did not smoke any. This is what caused me to go looking for someone else to experiment on. I am also going to get a 2nd opinion on the oil the weekend.

Now for his medical update. Doc is worried because he has lost 22 pounds in 4 months. I knew he was losing weight and believe that it is mostly due to me weening him slowly off his decadron. He hates pills and really wants off those. The decadron helps with his pain, increases his energy and appitite. My plan was to ween him off when I get the CBD oil. His stubborn butt kept going cold turkey and would get very sick. I want him off of it too but he has been on it too long and will take a good 2 months to ween off. That is a powerful little pill!! So, I agreed to start the weening process but he keeps undermining me and still won't take it half the time. Hence, the wieght loss. His doc does not know all this and of course he does not know about the oil either. So because of the weight loss he now has a scan later today to see if the cancer is back. Doc suspects it is. But we know better. hehehe I don't have the scan anxiety that I usually have. OK, maybe the smallest amount of anxiety but that is only because I am not 100% sure that he is getting a good tack. I am only 99% sure. I think his tacks are good but too big at one time.

Update on my friend with lung and brain cancer. His wife finally reported to me that he was not using the oil at all because I had told him 1/4 size grain of rice 4 times a day. They were going every day for whole brain radiation and she said they were having a hard time getting a time schedule down. I told them to at least do one tack in the morning after breakfast for now if that is all he can do. That will at least get him started and something is better than nothing. I am hoping to talk to them again this weekend for an update.

My plan of action now is test my oil again this weekend on someone else. In a couple of weeks I will have another strain to test for sativa dominent. I have a bluedream and a royal kush that have been in flower for a little more than 3 weeks. Also my CBD will be put on 12/12 this week. My CBD is mango haze and it is sativa dominate, 6-8% THC and 8-10% CBD. I also have seeds for Pure Kush which is 100% indica with 22% THC. Unfortunatley, my blue dream and royal kush seeds came from a bag. So there is no way of knowing if it got crossed with something else. I will have to have those friend tested also. And my last plan is draw the lease tighter on my husband with taking over his tacks again. I will do this with a smile and try not upset him with all the "rules". I have high hopes that I have a strain which will prove to be sativa dominent. We both really need it at this point. Also I cannot wait for the mango haze oil. Looking forward to the pain relief.

I do have a question about my sativa dominate CBD strain. I was thinking I should look into getting an indica dominate CBD strain that could be taken at night?? What do you think??
:peace:
fsc

Thank you D.ADHD.
Good luck on your journey. I'm sure it will take you where you need it to.

On a different note, I just ordered Blue Shark (high CBD strain) from Bonza Seeds, a sponsor here.
25% off.
Great price, I hope you guys take advantage of it.

Good morning Motoco, You asked for an update. That might have been on the other thread but I know you will see it here as well. About me, I cannot tack more than the smallest amount without getting stoned. So I am still stuck at 1/8 to 1/4 size grain of rice a day. I get a really good tack, even with that small of an amount, it stays around for hours if I let it. I know that I am extremely sensitve to THC and do not like the feeling I get when it is just ingested. So I will stay at this amount for now because that is the only amount I can tolerate. I am in no hurry anyway because I don't really know what strain this is anyway. At this dosage I don't have any effect from it good or bad. I have other strains that will be ready to test soon and I am hoping for a better sativa.

It took me awhile to find someone who can tell a difference in "high" from one strain to another. I am suspecting my current strain is 50/50 indica, sativa. Maybe even a little heavier on the indica side. My tester's report is that it relaxes the body without messing with her head and makes her want to get up and do something. I was getting frustrated with my husband at not being able to tell me how it makes him feel. There have been a few occasions where I saw him doing really large tacks that should have knocked him on his butt, but it didn't. He just keeps saying that he never feels anything from the oil. So I did an experiment with him and put 1 grain of rice of a cracker and had him eat it. He wasn't in the best mood at the time and he complains about "all my rules". After 2 hours he was still saying he did not feel anything. Sooooo, I fed him another grain of rice size. 2 more hours, the same answer from him. I still have not gotten to the bottom of this, but he has finally told me that "maybe he did feel something and he just can't tell" How is that possible?? Everyone says that the oil is strong and I cannot tolerate even the smallest amounts. And if he cannot tell that he is stoned when he eats it then how will he ever know for sure that he is tacking it correctly. He is pushing my buttons again!! He says that he kinda always feels stoned even when he wakes up after sleeping for 12 hours. (that has been his norm to sleep for that long since his chemo tx) He also says that this stoned/foggy head feeling is something he has had since the seizures, brain surgery, whole brain radiation and chemo. He believes that is the reason he can eat the oil and feel nothing from it. I should mention that when I had him eat it he did not smoke any. This is what caused me to go looking for someone else to experiment on. I am also going to get a 2nd opinion on the oil the weekend.

Now for his medical update. Doc is worried because he has lost 22 pounds in 4 months. I knew he was losing weight and believe that it is mostly due to me weening him slowly off his decadron. He hates pills and really wants off those. The decadron helps with his pain, increases his energy and appitite. My plan was to ween him off when I get the CBD oil. His stubborn butt kept going cold turkey and would get very sick. I want him off of it too but he has been on it too long and will take a good 2 months to ween off. That is a powerful little pill!! So, I agreed to start the weening process but he keeps undermining me and still won't take it half the time. Hence, the wieght loss. His doc does not know all this and of course he does not know about the oil either. So because of the weight loss he now has a scan later today to see if the cancer is back. Doc suspects it is. But we know better. hehehe I don't have the scan anxiety that I usually have. OK, maybe the smallest amount of anxiety but that is only because I am not 100% sure that he is getting a good tack. I am only 99% sure. I think his tacks are good but too big at one time.

Update on my friend with lung and brain cancer. His wife finally reported to me that he was not using the oil at all because I had told him 1/4 size grain of rice 4 times a day. They were going every day for whole brain radiation and she said they were having a hard time getting a time schedule down. I told them to at least do one tack in the morning after breakfast for now if that is all he can do. That will at least get him started and something is better than nothing. I am hoping to talk to them again this weekend for an update.

My plan of action now is test my oil again this weekend on someone else. In a couple of weeks I will have another strain to test for sativa dominent. I have a bluedream and a royal kush that have been in flower for a little more than 3 weeks. Also my CBD will be put on 12/12 this week. My CBD is mango haze and it is sativa dominate, 6-8% THC and 8-10% CBD. I also have seeds for Pure Kush which is 100% indica with 22% THC. Unfortunatley, my blue dream and royal kush seeds came from a bag. So there is no way of knowing if it got crossed with something else. I will have to have those friend tested also. And my last plan is draw the lease tighter on my husband with taking over his tacks again. I will do this with a smile and try not upset him with all the "rules". I have high hopes that I have a strain which will prove to be sativa dominent. We both really need it at this point. Also I cannot wait for the mango haze oil. Looking forward to the pain relief.

I do have a question about my sativa dominate CBD strain. I was thinking I should look into getting an indica dominate CBD strain that could be taken at night?? What do you think??
fsc

Hi fsc,

I did ask for an update,lol. I'm getting to your last question first as my response to your update will be longer.

Interesting question as I was just going to try that combo, just haven't needed an Indica dominant CBD strain in my blends. By taking the sativa dominant CBD strain full term and max CBD's (as in my case Harlequin 70/30 Sativa dominant) the feeling on the oil seems to be a tad on the Indica side which is perfect blended with say Blue Dream (70/30 cut-sativa dominant). In a concentrated form 2-1 ratio of THC/CBD the CBD do their job 24/7. Also more CBD/s induce sleep so this blend is great even in the day if you want a nap. Not an answer to your question but an understanding how a good daytime blend does not require more CBD's at night.

No doubt an Indica dominant CBD strain mixed with a close to pure Indica you could get would be awesome I would think. But, it can come with a caution. Being too relaxed at night with more CBD's mixed with an Indica that should be close to pure so a caution to the person using it 'what to expect' so they know. My experience comes from my daytime blend CBD's and full term grown Indica (more CBD's) giving a deep REM sleep. So I can only imagine what an Indica dominant CBD strain does. Please let me know the results. Take it full term and try it alone unblended. A 1-1 ratio would be fine for your sensitive system but I do not understand why you would get euphoric if applying properly and the taste lasting for hours if you let it? Also a worthy mention; A good friends wife has a sensitive system also. She only tacks every 3 days (maybe a tiny booster if needed) and she is doing great on her ailments. Perhaps every two days? Taper down to find your perfect dose.

Mentioned before; using many different strains can bring a lot of confusion especially when just starting to get into blending, just saying. The best resolve is who is making the oil learns the blend first. More opinions can bring more confusion sometimes if their read varies a lot from yours. I'm thinking perhaps your Husband cannot get a good read on the oil because the 50/50 blend (or close to it) is spot on for his system? I can certainly understand your frustration if he cannot get a good read due to scar tissue damage.

More to follow :)

On a different note, I just ordered Blue Shark (high CBD strain) from Bonza Seeds, a sponsor here.

I am just about to harvest one of these. Probably won't be processed into oil for a little while but will let you know how it goes.

fsc continued; I think your Husband is doing the oil correctly. The weight loss could be contributed to a Sativa dominant strain and I've seen people drop that much weight in 4 months even if the strain is 50/50 S/I. Just a sidenote; when the body weight drops to his correct weight the weight loss stops. Does he eat fine and fill up fast? If other people say its potent then I believe them. Thing is your Husband has been taking the oil correctly (my opinion) for quite some time going off your reports. When people have been taking the oil for that length of time they do not get the euphoria others would experience. In your opinion does your Husbands appearance and demeanor changed since starting the oil? Is he more active? These are all signs of taking the oil correctly. Does he exercise at all? Since your Husband has been home (at the start of the oil) did he have damage to the brain that affected him as far as not processing information as normal? Slurred voice, etc." Thanks in advance for the answers.

Hang in there fsc, sounds like the strains you wanted are getting closer and closer to becoming a reality. Again, I think you should talk with Mo. She is a great 'vent' also :).

Helping people heal while going through 'chemo' is a nightmare and then some. Chemo is their 'main' method and oil is their secondary method and it seems normally for side effect relief. So right now I would agree with your dosage. Enough to help with the side effects but not enough to combat cancer. Your correct, no oil is better than none. Just make sure what ever the amount is they don't decrease that amount. Its like stopping chemo because of organ damage and they stop for 2-3 weeks etc., it roars back. Then they don't like taking the oil before treatment because they think it might interfere and in some cases they think the Dr.s are going to find out. Some cases it gets so messed up I back off and simply explain to them the oil regimen is just as important as the chemo regimen. If they don't want to use the oil because of inconvenience then unfortunately I normally get to see them towards the end if the chemo doesn't work. Then it is just a case how far they want to go late stage radiation, etc. I wish people would truly look at the side effects of chemo/radiation and understand only about 5% survive late stage cancers. Bottom line, its their choice. Worst thing is in late stage cancers they do procedures that are not quality of life. Feeding tubes put in, stints in other area's. I hope this isn't putting a lot of additional stress on you. Its very stressful. We are becoming confused as we don't know if we are caretaking or just being compassionate people trying to ease the hardships the family endures also. Someone who wants to do the concentrate only is like a 'vacation' for Mo and I.

Just make sure you take on one thing at a time, you cannot do everything. One priority at a time 'as she goes'.

Best regards,

Motoco

Motoco,
Thanks for the response. The reason I asked about and indica dominate cbd strain is because I want to make sure that hubby has pain relief at night. He has a problem with getting comfortable at night and staying asleep due to pain pretty much all over his body including his skin. My CBD strain is described as mostly sativa so should I let it go full term?? And then can it be taken at night if he has any break through pain??

Yes, he has had brain symptoms that I noticed the day after the seizures. Of course some of that would have been normal just from the postictal phase and the meds they put him on. Then of course everything else we put his brain through made things worse. We were told that the whole brain radiation would mess with ability for complex thinking. NOT GOOD. He has short term memory problems and attention problems. These problems existed before the oil and are unchanged now. I have to wonder if his brain would have gotten worse if we had not started him on the oil when we did. The doc said it would continue to worsen for the rest of his life. He did get more active during the summer but now that it is winter he is not active at all. He is depressed and the oil does not help with his depression. Another reason I think my oil needs more sativa. He does fill up fast when he eats. And his appitite is down. I can spend all day trying to talk him into eating. It is getting worse right now because of the decrease in decadron. I actually increased his dose of decadron today because he was feeling so sick. Just the look on his face and his moaning and groaning, he is so very miserable right now. I get mad every time I think about when I had him totally weened off that decadron a year and half ago. But doc ordered it again when he was hospitalized for blood clots in his lungs. Hubby made his own decision to stay on it after release from the hospital because the doc wanted him on it. Now his body is totally dependent on it. I tried hard to talk him out of that stupid pill then. Now I try hard to keep him on it until I get the CBD oil ready. I can always tell when he quits taking it because he gets sick, won't get out of bed, won't eat and takes a lot of pain med. The worse part is his inability to believe that this pill causing all this.

I understand what you are saying about having too many opinions on the oil. The one test I have not done is have someone else eat a small amount of it to make darn sure the oil is strong. I have someone lined up to eat some this weekend. I will only give him 1/4 grain rice size at a time. I don't want to hurt him. lol He is young and healthy and will be with his family so everything will be safe.

I will try to keep in mind not to take on too much for myself. That is a hard thing to do. I always feel like I have not done enough. And remember, I am dealing with depression myself. I think a lot of my depression was brought on by 2 of my blood pressure pills. (I take 4 different pills for high BP) So far, the oil has not helped me with either issue. But, I just cannot tolerate very much of it at all. When I said it can stick around for hours if I let it. I assume that is because I have a dry mouth from my meds. I get a good tack, then I make sure I do not swallow for about an hour. I know this sounds like a long time, but if I allow myself to swallow any before this amount of time I get stoned 3 hours later. After an hour I will start "working" with the tack site and slowly dissapate it. Even with this method, I sometimes feel a tiny bit of euphoria. It does not last long and is not too bad but I don't like it. I get paronoid feelings. On the days that I need to drive or go somewhere, I do not tack at all. I will just stay at this dose for now.

I just harvested my unknown purple strain. I am hoping it is sativa dominate. This plant was LOADED with sticky trichomes so it should be strong. I will have to get my testing girl over here. Out of everyone I know, she is the only one that is able to smoke it and tell the difference. Once I know for sure that I have sativa, she will be my next patient. She suffers from depression also and I am worried about her. I also have a patient that can't wait for the CBD for pain relief. I have a very small circle of friends and most need help. lol

I post on here in secret. No one else knows. Not even hubby. He would pull up every plant if he knew. I am breaking our number 1 rule by posting on here even though we are legal. I think I answered every question. Sorry for the long post. Have a great hump day!!
fsc

Hi fsc,

A good idea for your Husbands nighttime pain med. Just make sure you take your CBD strain (sativa dominant) and take it full term. Read multiple reviews on that strain, how I found out about the 'magic' happening in Harlequin the last week of flower. Others were saying 9-11 weeks to harvest, only one said 12 weeks is 'full term' for Harlequin. Will you have a 'heavy' Indica dominant as well for nighttime?

Again, I think you are correct. You need more on the Sativa dominant side. Now you can see how taking Indica dominant strains used for daytime healing is not conducive. You don't get depressed when sleeping, you get depressed during the day feeling like you should be asleep.

Also you can understand how hard it is to be a caretaker when the person you are helping doesn't believe in it. In fact, now, we are not doing it anymore. How can you help someone when they are on man made drugs causing all the side effects? I know you know the side effects of what he is taking and we just looked up the one you mentioned you had him weaned off. His pain has me a little concerned but also you stated he hasn't been as active since it is cold as heck outside. His pain could be from not moving around much, you know the drill. Funny how they can smoke pot to feel better but not the oil. All I can to this point is your hands are full. Taking more of those pills is what is decreasing his appetite. They make you nauseous and you lose your appetite. They take more because they become less effective and increase the nauseousness. Then, lack of nutrients. autoimmune goes down and opens the doors up again. Sometimes I honestly think all we need is a 'white smock' and a big ole iron skillet. It really is frustrating. They always blame the oil and in fact, it only can make you better. Even taking the oil 15 minutes before taking man made meds is a huge difference. The concern I have now is when the Dr.s only said its going to get worse is because they really messed things up even though they saved his life. So much for quality of life. But, he was improving. I think now you really need the proper strains for both of you to get off the 'depression' cause from the Indica dominant.

Get consistent strains and stick with them. It can be very harmful for example; A more potent strain is used, the next not as potent, you know where I'm going. Regimen should be like clockwork even on a PM dose.

I'm not getting why your having the issues taking the oil, except for the improper strains. I honestly think it is the Indica dominant feeling causing the depression. But the stoned feeling I think is from not drinking enough water and snacking in between meals. If you don't you can get a feeling of euphoria coming on. Its not, its just telling you you need nutrition and hydration. This is the most redundant thing I talk about. It is not a side effect of the oil, it is not its fault that it cannot hydrate you and eat for nutrition. A lot of people we express our opinions to tell us their daily living routine and usually it goes like this; I don't drink much water. I only eat once a day because of my busy schedule. It goes on and on. Yes, even those in the medical field that preach this at work, but do not do it themselves. Just remember, you are the 'hub' of taking care of your husband. That stops if you don't take care of you.

In the last year we have spent so many hours of being involved in families that have had someone one who has a terminally ill family member. They want convincing on the concentrate even after western medicine has failed. Our approach now is we will help them with our hand out, only if they want to take it. It is not our job to convince people, that is their decision and theirs alone. When everyone is on board we are more than glad to move forward. We have found out there are many folks out there who know what direction they want to go and they feel 'blessed' to know they have experienced people in their corner. Hope I don't come off cynical, but we have found out their heal is expedited because in their mind they are committed to go this route. If the sheeple only knew the truth about the concentrate. They don't. They only know what we have been brainwashed to believe. THC is only for euphoria, bad, bad ,bad. Guess it makes since it was the first cannabinoid patented. So go on, eat, smoke it all you want, they know it is not the heal. Sorry if the word 'sheeple' offends anyone. But it is about awareness and Mo and I are on a mission and if we have to use 'propaganda' like we believed in so will we. Thing is our's is true. :)

I am really working on not bringing these topics up, but it is a reminder for people to start thinking in a new direction. Man-made crap meds isn't the answer. The concentrated oil is the correct answer from A-Z. You been in the industry a long time in your career. Prescriptions have built the medical industry. Look at the commercials. 90% of them is man-made meds. ONE natural med can replace ALL of these. Hard to think that could be true. Mo and I stake our 'honor' on it. Guess what, that won't even buy us a cup of coffee/tea, hahaha. The journey continues fsc. Keep on keepin on, just make sure you come in for some therapy that only 'oilheads' can give :)

Mo says 'hi' and knows how hard it is for you helping your loved ones. She always says, believe it or not 'the person that is ill has it easier than the person helping them'. You know that drill also. Keep your head up, we are here to help you anyway we can.

Warmest regards,

Motoco's

Good morning,
I appreciate your racking your brain to help me figure out what could be causing our specific problems. I drink nothing but water everyday. Always have. I love water and drink at least 1/2 to 3/4 gallons everyday. I definately do not get dehydrated. Also, I eat too much. lol I try to always have food readily available for hubby and don't want it to go to waste. If he does not eat a lot of times I will. Nutrition is not a problem with me. When I eat and snack all day even before the oil. I try to always have fresh veggies and some fruit on hand at all times. Also, I have been on my current BP meds since 2004 and have been battleing depression this whole time. I have tried a long list of anti-depressants till I finally found one that works somewhat. So the oil is not causing any of my symptoms. It just is not the right strain to help with my symptoms. I always make sure I have eaten before I tack because if I try to eat too soon after the tack I get euphoric.

Now for hubby, his pain has been ongoing since he got sick. Of course the headaches were the first and worst pain. But then the lasting side effects of the chemo was whole body pain. Neuropathies. He was already on the decadron when he started the oil. Before the oil he was taking oxycodone 3 times a day to manage the pain. Once he started the oil, he was able to drop down to just once a day. It was awesome. Once he started going cold turkey, that is when his pain increased and needed to take more pain med again. Also his appitite decreased because of it and started loosing weight. I am happy to report that increased his dose of decadron back up yesterday and he felt better today than he has in a month. And only took 1 pain med. (he does always tack before taking the meds) I am still going to try and ween him off. I already have him to half the dose that the doc has him on. I just need to keep a closer eye on him and ween off slow. Yes, the decadron can make a person nauseated but usually the side effect that most get is heart burn or indigestion. He has been lucky enough not to have these issues as a rule. On the higher dose he did need to take tums at times. But now at this lower dose he has not needed those.

On your advice, I will continue to let him do his own tacks since we both think that he is getting a good tack and I don't think he is feeling the effects of it. That is one less thing I have to worry about.

Back to the decadron. I do hate this pill but I need to be smart about how weening him of it. I have only mentioned the good effects it has on him. But the bad effects are that it can and will compromise the immune system. Also, when on it long term like this, it reduces muscle mass and makes it difficult to build that muscle back up. I just kept thinking that the CBD strain would be able to take it's place and he could be weened off so much easier. I hate seeing him so miserable. It breaks my heart. Once we can get rid of this pill, I really believe that his healing will be accelerated. It just took me so long for the oppurtunity to present itself that allowed me to get my hands on the right seeds. And yes, I do have seeds that are called Pure Kush. It is described as 100 % indica with 22% THC. Those will not be ready for a few months.

In about a month, I will be harvesting some blue dream and royal kush which both are said to be sativa dominate. But these seeds both came from bag weed so who knows. I am striving to find the right strains for us that we will be able to always grow and keep on the same oil. Right now, all we have is the one strain which we have had for about 2 months. That is the only oil we have used in that time. We will only make a switch once I am confident that it is worth a try. I will not give up but this is taking longer than I had hoped. Your continued support means so very much to me. And MO too. She is right about it being harder on the caretaker at times.

Oh and thanks for the tip on researching reviews on the mango haze. I had not thought of that. I just wrote down the info about it from the company and was planning on watching the trichomes till they go amber. Does your strain go amber at 12 weeks?? I remember your description at 12 weeks how they look like they were sprinkled with surgar. So, I guess my question is does the color of the trichomes always tell when at full term. Hopefully, further research will give me some more answers also on this strain. I want to check into that blue shark strain that cajun mentioned. :)

Also, his appitite was back today. :) I thnk I forgot to mention that.
fsc

Good morning,
I appreciate your racking your brain to help me figure out what could be causing our specific problems. I drink nothing but water everyday. Always have. I love water and drink at least 1/2 to 3/4 gallons everyday. I definately do not get dehydrated. Also, I eat too much. lol I try to always have food readily available for hubby and don't want it to go to waste. If he does not eat a lot of times I will. Nutrition is not a problem with me. When I eat and snack all day even before the oil. I try to always have fresh veggies and some fruit on hand at all times. Also, I have been on my current BP meds since 2004 and have been battleing depression this whole time. I have tried a long list of anti-depressants till I finally found one that works somewhat. So the oil is not causing any of my symptoms. It just is not the right strain to help with my symptoms. I always make sure I have eaten before I tack because if I try to eat too soon after the tack I get euphoric.

Now for hubby, his pain has been ongoing since he got sick. Of course the headaches were the first and worst pain. But then the lasting side effects of the chemo was whole body pain. Neuropathies. He was already on the decadron when he started the oil. Before the oil he was taking oxycodone 3 times a day to manage the pain. Once he started the oil, he was able to drop down to just once a day. It was awesome. Once he started going cold turkey, that is when his pain increased and needed to take more pain med again. Also his appitite decreased because of it and started loosing weight. I am happy to report that increased his dose of decadron back up yesterday and he felt better today than he has in a month. And only took 1 pain med. (he does always tack before taking the meds) I am still going to try and ween him off. I already have him to half the dose that the doc has him on. I just need to keep a closer eye on him and ween off slow. Yes, the decadron can make a person nauseated but usually the side effect that most get is heart burn or indigestion. He has been lucky enough not to have these issues as a rule. On the higher dose he did need to take tums at times. But now at this lower dose he has not needed those.

On your advice, I will continue to let him do his own tacks since we both think that he is getting a good tack and I don't think he is feeling the effects of it. That is one less thing I have to worry about.

Back to the decadron. I do hate this pill but I need to be smart about how weening him of it. I have only mentioned the good effects it has on him. But the bad effects are that it can and will compromise the immune system. Also, when on it long term like this, it reduces muscle mass and makes it difficult to build that muscle back up. I just kept thinking that the CBD strain would be able to take it's place and he could be weened off so much easier. I hate seeing him so miserable. It breaks my heart. Once we can get rid of this pill, I really believe that his healing will be accelerated. It just took me so long for the oppurtunity to present itself that allowed me to get my hands on the right seeds. And yes, I do have seeds that are called Pure Kush. It is described as 100 % indica with 22% THC. Those will not be ready for a few months.

In about a month, I will be harvesting some blue dream and royal kush which both are said to be sativa dominate. But these seeds both came from bag weed so who knows. I am striving to find the right strains for us that we will be able to always grow and keep on the same oil. Right now, all we have is the one strain which we have had for about 2 months. That is the only oil we have used in that time. We will only make a switch once I am confident that it is worth a try. I will not give up but this is taking longer than I had hoped. Your continued support means so very much to me. And MO too. She is right about it being harder on the caretaker at times.

Oh and thanks for the tip on researching reviews on the mango haze. I had not thought of that. I just wrote down the info about it from the company and was planning on watching the trichomes till they go amber. Does your strain go amber at 12 weeks?? I remember your description at 12 weeks how they look like they were sprinkled with surgar. So, I guess my question is does the color of the trichomes always tell when at full term. Hopefully, further research will give me some more answers also on this strain. I want to check into that blue shark strain that cajun mentioned. :)

Also, his appitite was back today. :) I thnk I forgot to mention that.
fsc

Morning fsc,

I realize that some questions seem so redundant, only because we know when one person does everything sometimes we forget the 'simple' basic things. So we keep repeating things like hydration and nutrition.

I believe all your missing is the proper strains and they will make a huge difference. For both of you. Now that you explained in detail your hydrating/nutrition is correct but we are certain it is just the Indica dominant strain causing the woo's and the sometime mild euphoria (there is a fine line with Indica). I agree with you fsc, when you get your high CBD strain grown properly the weaning process will be so much easier with no side effects. Wow, what a journey!

Keep learning as much as you can about the strain. Keep in mind some strains do not give 'trich's' visual like some others. Also keep in mind if you have any setbacks on the norm it is about a week to get them back on track so add a week to achieve 'full term'. You will do fine.
Post a couple of pics if you can when about half way into flowering.

Well, looks like everything is resetting now. Tough battle you are in fsc, keep the faith!

Warmest regards,

Motoco's

Morning fsc,

I realize that some questions seem so redundant, only because we know when one person does everything sometimes we forget the 'simple' basic things. So we keep repeating things like hydration and nutrition.

I believe all your missing is the proper strains and they will make a huge difference. For both of you. Now that you explained in detail your hydrating/nutrition is correct but we are certain it is just the Indica dominant strain causing the woo's and the sometime mild euphoria (there is a fine line with Indica). I agree with you fsc, when you get your high CBD strain grown properly the weaning process will be so much easier with no side effects. Wow, what a journey!

Keep learning as much as you can about the strain. Keep in mind some strains do not give 'trich's' visual like some others. Also keep in mind if you have any setbacks on the norm it is about a week to get them back on track so add a week to achieve 'full term'. You will do fine.
Post a couple of pics if you can when about half way into flowering.

Well, looks like everything is resetting now. Tough battle you are in fsc, keep the faith!

Warmest regards,

Motoco's

Motoco,
It gives me more confidence to know that you think I am still on the right track. Good news, The scan results showed no change. BUT, I always ask for a copy of the results and when we got home I realized they gave me the copy from 3 months ago. I saw the girl take it right out of his chart and now I don't know if the doc was reading the right scan results when he told us "no change". I can only hope that the doc did not make the same mistake but he was reading it right out of the chart where the girl got it from. I will get the correct copy today and not say a word to them about the mistake. If, on the off chance there is a change, there will be a huge benefit in not pointing it out to them. I will update you later.
fsc

Motoco,
It gives me more confidence to know that you think I am still on the right track. Good news, The scan results showed no change. BUT, I always ask for a copy of the results and when we got home I realized they gave me the copy from 3 months ago. I saw the girl take it right out of his chart and now I don't know if the doc was reading the right scan results when he told us "no change". I can only hope that the doc did not make the same mistake but he was reading it right out of the chart where the girl got it from. I will get the correct copy today and not say a word to them about the mistake. If, on the off chance there is a change, there will be a huge benefit in not pointing it out to them. I will update you later.
fsc

Best of Luck fsc! I think I understand where you are going with this. Huge benefit.

I had a busy day yesterday but I will get to relax today. The doc did have the wrong report but it is all good news anyway. Still no change. Yay!!! Cajun, what is your update?? I think I will be ordering some of that blue shark cbd strain you recommended. I took a quick look at the site. Are their any tricks for shipping that good be helpful?? And is the discount automactically applied??

Motoco,
fsc

Motoco, can you explain more of the "fine line" with the indica?? Does that mean I need less?? Also, when we get our pure indica, do you think I will be able to tolerate it for sleep. When I do happen to feel some euphoria, it keeps me awake. I am thinking this is maybe because of the sativa that is in my current oil.

Also, I was just remembering that when we started with the oil, It was not always the same strain. We had to buy what was available until my harvest. I do recall that he had more energy then. So now it is making more since to me.

Motoco, can you explain more of the "fine line" with the indica?? Does that mean I need less?? Also, when we get our pure indica, do you think I will be able to tolerate it for sleep. When I do happen to feel some euphoria, it keeps me awake. I am thinking this is maybe because of the sativa that is in my current oil.

Also, I was just remembering that when we started with the oil, It was not always the same strain. We had to buy what was available until my harvest. I do recall that he had more energy then. So now it is making more since to me.

fsc, First, congratulations on the news! Personally I believe your Husbands cancer is gone, and only scar tissue is remaining. We are just dealing with leftover 'fallout', damage from the radiation. I also believe that will improve, just more slowly.

When I am referring to a 'fine' line when dosing Indica correctly is this; full body relax, sleepy, but you're not euphoric. Digesting; full body relax, sleepy and you are euphoric. If you are not experienced some confusion comes into play, especially when 'trouble shooting' taking it correctly or not. Also, taken correctly you don't wake up lethargic, more like you are ready to take on the day. You have to work with what you have but it makes a 'huge' difference in healing to be on the proper strains. Your correct, any Sativa in the Indica over 10% will keep the wheels turning at night. this is how I want my Indica grown; Super Indica's like Blackberry Kush 80-20 Indica dominant for example; Grown full term for 'couch lock'. Master Kush 95% mid-term harvest. Hindu Kush 100% Indica harvest at peak THC. Exceptions to the rule; If no CBD strains are available you can take any of these examples and grow them full term to achieve max CBD's while sleeping. I seldom try to do this with Sativa for CBD's as it can remove the feeling of 'wellness' during the day and 'depression' sets in being on the Indica side during the day. Its comes down to keeping your dosing regimen balance between Sativa and Indica. Most Sativa has Indica in it, so on the norm you do not need as much Indica at night. If you pay attention to your morning wake up, if you still feel tired, back off a little Indica until when you wake up you feel well rested, but your mind is alert. Keep it simple. Get the 3 strains (it will all come together). Master growing them and you will have consistent meds for the Hubby and you. The strains mentioned can be any strains as long as they come close to 70/30 Sativa for day time, blended with a CBD strain (in my case 75/25 Sativa dominant, grown full term 'chills' the blend down to about a 55% Sativa 45% Indica. Alert mind, still easy to stay motivated to task's at hand while the body is relaxed. Blending can take some time to master so when you're trying a lot of different strains it can be some time before you achieve what you're looking for.
Now that your will be getting proper strains soon all the pieces of the puzzle will come together. You will find out you can blend your strains to exactly how YOU want to feel.

Thank you for your commitment to helping others. I've been reading everything I can find regarding MMJ. My husband has been diagnosed with liver cancer. I procured some Dama Oil from a dispensary in WA and he completed .5ml over a week or so. Had to discontinue due to hospital stay.

I do not grow and have no experience or contacts to produce RSO. I tried to tack the doses but was unsuccessful. We do not want the euphoria at all. He needs something to help sleep at night and awake during the day since his slap cycle is turned around. taking him to MMJ clinic once he's out of the hospital.

Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated. I know the Dama Oil is labeled with 57% CBD - 18% THC. Do not know what strains.

Thank you.

Hi marcie70,

Welcome to 420 Magazine! I'm currently in the middle of 'chores'. The main thing right now is to learn to dose correctly. Also looking at the specifications of your current oil it is a CBD strain. I do not know if it is a Sativa dominant or an Indica dominant. This is great for shrinking tumors but you are missing the high THC strain that is required to kill the cancer cells. My guess is it is Indica dominant. Even digesting your strain you shouldn't feel that much euphoria with the low % of THC compared to your high CBD%. Dama Oil makes Sativa strains as well and Indica's along with CBD strains.

I'll check this thread again in about an hour in between chores. Thank you.

Motoco

Thank you for your commitment to helping others. I've been reading everything I can find regarding MMJ. My husband has been diagnosed with liver cancer. I procured some Dama Oil from a dispensary in WA and he completed .5ml over a week or so. Had to discontinue due to hospital stay.

I do not grow and have no experience or contacts to produce RSO. I tried to tack the doses but was unsuccessful. We do not want the euphoria at all. He needs something to help sleep at night and awake during the day since his slap cycle is turned around. taking him to MMJ clinic once he's out of the hospital.

Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated. I know the Dama Oil is labeled with 57% CBD - 18% THC. Do not know what strains.

You might have to refresh your browser to see this message.

Thank you.

Thank you for your quick reply. I did not personally select the oil so I don't know if it is Sativa or India dominant. Working on getting green card, hopefully this week. have been pursuing an available grow co-op but haven't found one yet. Time is an issue but mist take it as God provides.

I look forward to further communication.

Ongoing progress update. With the help of friends, I was able to get some better oil for my husband. Was able to learn to tack and there is improvement after one day, at least my husband believes so. PTL His appetite is better and he seems a bit stronger. He didn't sleep real well last night so is droopy this morning but his pain in the back is virtually gone and he says he feels great. Unfortunately he has worn dentures for a great many years so had to tack on upper gum/cheek. Hopefully that will work just as well. This is going to be one of our greatest adventures. Thank you to all of you for your compassion and prayers. :circle-of-love: :thanks:

Ongoing progress update. With the help of friends, I was able to get some better oil for my husband. Was able to learn to tack and there is improvement after one day, at least my husband believes so. PTL His appetite is better and he seems a bit stronger. He didn't sleep real well last night so is droopy this morning but his pain in the back is virtually gone and he says he feels great. Unfortunately he has worn dentures for a great many years so had to tack on upper gum/cheek. Hopefully that will work just as well. This is going to be one of our greatest adventures. Thank you to all of you for your compassion and prayers. :circle-of-love: :thanks:

Hi Marcia,

Great news! Just to think only day one! So thankful even though in 'hospice' such improvements are noticeable. No pain meds are required speaks for itself. I don't know what type of oil you got from your friends but apparently it has good cbd in it (if it was a blend). Just know you do not want to go lower than a 2-1 THC/CBD ratio so the THC can do its job also.

Looking forward to your next update. :goodjob:

Motoco

Back
Top Bottom