Cannabutter

I'm making my first cannabutter. I haven't eaten edibles in 25+ years. The last time I ate too much at a concert and it wasn't fun.
I decarbed 20 g of bud that was broken down into small bits. Its in a double boiler now with 250 g butter. I am mixing occasionally. I understand this method should cook for an hour? Does that seem right? This is a no water method.

I understand that edibles could really help with sleep? I probably should have checked here first before making anything. Any advice on using and/ or dosing would be appreciated. Thanks :blunt:

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

I'm making my first cannabutter. I haven't eaten edibles in 25+ years. The last time I ate too much at a concert and it wasn't fun.
I decarbed 20 g of bud that was broken down into small bits. Its in a double boiler now with 250 g butter. I am mixing occasionally. I understand this method should cook for an hour? Does that seem right? This is a no water method.

I understand that edibles could really help with sleep? I probably should have checked here first before making anything. Any advice on using and/ or dosing would be appreciated. Thanks :blunt:

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG
I have no idea, but I know someone who does so I have reached out.

My former supplier also made cannabutter edibles which were honestly the best I had ever sampled. Hopefully he'll share the recipe / method later on and I will be happy to share.

:thumb:

My former supplier also made cannabutter edibles which were honestly the best I had ever sampled. Hopefully he'll share the recipe / method later on and I will be happy to share.

Sounds great, thanks Ed.

The 250g butter turned into 182g after straining. I strained it through a tea strainer and compressed for as much as possible. Its a cool color.
I ate some on bread about 1.5 hours ago. It works.:cool: Now to figure out what to make and the dosage.

IMG_0595.JPG

Thanks for the move. I didn't see this section before. Looking forward to making something. Is 20g bud to 250g butter a good ratio? Thanks :peace:

Thanks for the move. I didn't see this section before. Looking forward to making something. Is 20g bud to 250g butter a good ratio? Thanks :peace:

It will depend on your tolerance levels. 20 grams in 250 ml isn't strong enough for me but I have a high tolerance.

:sorry: for the delay @stinker he was a little slow getting back to me. Below verbatim:

Do you have a sous vide cooker by chance?

Recipe: How to make basic cannabis-infused butter

This one is pretty good although I don’t recommend grinding the cannabis, will be harder to strain out fully

You can also use this prep and use a slow cooker instead of the stove

I recommend adding water at the end, when the butter sets in the fridge the water will separate and pull out a lot of the dirt and chlorophyll with it

cook at 180-200 degree for 25-20 minutes (for top of stove method) try a cockpot 1hr high (180-200) the low for 3-4 hrs - easier than stove top cooking (temp are your make it or break-it deal) some decarb in oven ( I decard in cock pot) if you use oven 240 degeese for 15 minutes, then put in cock pot (don't like to bake my product) you will find what works for you - practice makes perfect !!

:sorry: for the delay @stinker he was a little slow getting back to me. Below verbatim:

Do you have a sous vide cooker by chance?

Recipe: How to make basic cannabis-infused butter

This one is pretty good although I don’t recommend grinding the cannabis, will be harder to strain out fully

You can also use this prep and use a slow cooker instead of the stove

I recommend adding water at the end, when the butter sets in the fridge the water will separate and pull out a lot of the dirt and chlorophyll with it

cook at 180-200 degree for 25-20 minutes (for top of stove method) try a cockpot 1hr high (180-200) the low for 3-4 hrs - easier than stove top cooking (temp are your make it or break-it deal) some decarb in oven ( I decard in cock pot) if you use oven 240 degeese for 15 minutes, then put in cock pot (don't like to bake my product) you will find what works for you - practice makes perfect !!

Thanks, What I made seems good. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it. This morning I used it on nut bread from the bakery. It does work.

Thanks, What I made seems good. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it. This morning I used it on nut bread from the bakery. It does work.
one can make many wonderfull things with cannabutter. As you know learn a bit after each run - have use Magic butter machine - find that the old method works great for me - "can't teach a old horse new tricks" bu for oils, gummies, ect the machine might be the answer. At one point might have to stop smoking -edibles will be my answer

just saw a recipe using cannabutter instead of butter to make a roux in macaroni and cheese.

Cannabutter roux as a base opens many savory menu venues. :yummy:

Another recipe used it to sautee onions for Butternut squash soup, more savory options there.

Softened cannabutter with sugar opens many cake, cookie or other baking sweet options too.

just saw a recipe using cannabutter instead of butter to make a roux in macaroni and cheese.

Cannabutter roux as a base opens many savory menu venues. :yummy:

Another recipe used it to sautee onions for Butternut squash soup, more savory options there.

Softened cannabutter with sugar opens many cake, cookie or other baking sweet options too.
interesting tip --thanks a bunch -Peace all-ways open to new recipe and when it comes down to it who doesn't like macaroni & cheese !!

I decarb my weed in a covered with foil baking dish @ 250F (120C) for 45 minutes - just break up the flower somewhat.

Add decarbed weed to butter with lecithin added and it runs in the budder machine at 160F for 1.5 hrs.

I usually fill the Magical Budder machine to the brim or close with weed = 100G or so add about 2-3 cups of butter as much as can fit and I melt it first.

It's too strong for me and I've go a high tolerance. I dont like being a zombie for a day. I get a great nights sleep but I dont wanna get out of bed and I'm foggy the rest of the next day. Very hard to calculate dosage for me. And different weed has different effects too. I know when I know I ate too much. lol 20G to 250G butter sounds good to me might be a little light but you'll know whats right for you.

I mostly make edibles for my friends. Some wont even touch it and a few friends think its too weak.

10g gummies I dont even feel them. But its an acquired taste I'm thinking. :passitleft:

can't find the member who gave the recepie for "gummies" as stated before do my mix in cockpot/water - now with coconut oil is used instead of water ? or do you add to your water aftter ?it's decarbonizized ? and then what is your pot amounts ? just wondering - one can never get too much information ---Peace

It's too strong for me and I've go a high tolerance. I dont like being a zombie for a day. I get a great nights sleep but I dont wanna get out of bed and I'm foggy the rest of the next day. Very hard to calculate dosage for me. And different weed has different effects too. I know when I know I ate too much. lol 20G to 250G butter sounds good to me might be a little light but you'll know whats right for you.
The 20 g to .5 pounds butter worked out good I think. The 20 g was crumbled and ready weight. So about .75 z. It doesn't take much for me but I haven't cooked anything yet.
can't find the member who gave the recepie for "gummies" as stated before do my mix in cockpot/water - now with coconut oil is used instead of water ? or do you add to your water aftter ?it's decarbonizized ? and then what is your pot amounts ? just wondering - one can never get too much information ---Peace
I'm not sure. I used a double boiler. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom