Canopy management

Johnny5thesim

Hi there,

I am hoping I can get a bit of advice. My plants are 37 days and doing great. Except they are quite bushy. On previous grows i was able to get more light into the middle and get a lot more nodes exposed. This one is more challenging. Is anyone able to suggest how to accomplish this? I’ve been tucking leaves etc. And I’m considering some pruning. I’m looking to start flower within a week. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 94397EF4-C26E-48DD-9963-BE451DC7D316.jpeg
    94397EF4-C26E-48DD-9963-BE451DC7D316.jpeg
    747.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 6F168F22-2CDE-4DFA-A342-703B662DDB53.jpeg
    6F168F22-2CDE-4DFA-A342-703B662DDB53.jpeg
    699.3 KB · Views: 57
Easy :)

Looks like ya using fabric pots, so think safety pins & string we might call this a form a LST or low stress training to spread the canopy apart to allow greater light penetration to the lower bud sites.

I would also apply the method of defoliation as well mainly so in flowering.

Both of these methods may increase yield by x % 10 to 20 % average.

Easy :)

Looks like ya using fabric pots, so think safety pins & string we might call this a form a LST or low stress training to spread the canopy apart to allow greater light penetration to the lower bud sites.

I would also apply the method of defoliation as well mainly so in flowering.

Both of these methods may increase yield by x % 10 to 20 % average.

I have been LST using my soft coated rubber wire, and I topped them about a week and a half ago. Which usually works well. Just this time, a lot of leafy stuff is hiding all the middle stuff from popping up.

I am wondering if removing all the light blocking leaves will be counter productive. Or if removing them, will get the light needed to expose the underneath stuff.

Below is my typical canopy on a previous grow. Which has an exposed middle, and all the little tops.

Attachments

• 712AA8D5-3D29-4CE1-B1B0-F16D4CE7B017.jpeg
    712AA8D5-3D29-4CE1-B1B0-F16D4CE7B017.jpeg
    857.2 KB · Views: 47
Ye some off us have heard about defoliation & the hearsay or what ever you wanna call it, about such practise...

If you have completed a successful grow or 2 you all know what the top off the cola or tip bud looks like. the further down you go the fluffy it gets...

The act of removing fan leafs or those big ones increase's light penetration to the lower bud sites which helps increase size of those buds, slight bit of knock on effect.

% on leaf removal tho.

Ya got 2 plants to play with, if you want experience go out their & do it !

Back
Top Bottom