Can't edit a post?

Hey all could someone lend a little info on why some post's can be edited and others cannot? So silly me stoned last night typing in the journal... Made a few typos that are just bugging me šŸ˜… so now that I've reread what I typed I wanted to change it..... Well the "ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢" icon that is usually next to the report button is gone on this post. But my previous and after post are able to be edited. I have refreshed wifi connection, closed and reopened site and journal, and even signed out and back in..... Any ideas?

And if it is what it is and I can't change... Then no worries... I just won't go back to reread it šŸ˜

Thanks on advance ,Happy :headbanger:

I was having issues last night loading photos ... So I posted the words and then went back and attached the photos..... Does that mean none of the tagged sponsors will see the post now?

Here's another quirk...

If you tag someone in an edited post they don't see the tag. :(
And if you do multiple tags make sure you have a space before @ or they don't work either. I did a tag a space a coma then straight after the coma i did the @ symbol and started tag . It didn't work .

@Azimuth so this may be a silly question.

So you have 420 minutes to edit right.... Does that timer reset after an edit? Like if it worked that way could you in theory go back every 4-5 hours and just change something small like adding a "." and reset the timer for an infinite edit hack?

Again I know prolly silly but I'm curious.

No, itā€™s just 420 minutes total. The same for images you upload to the gallery as well. Quirky.

Rob explained the other day that allowing endless edits leads to a lot of rabbit holes and deeper issues

@Azimuth so this may be a silly question.

So you have 420 minutes to edit right.... Does that timer reset after an edit? Like if it worked that way could you in theory go back every 4-5 hours and just change something small like adding a "." and reset the timer for an infinite edit hack?

Again I know prolly silly but I'm curious.
Nope, the counter starts from when you first hit 'post reply.' Abs and Keff 've got you covered on the other stuff.

No, itā€™s just 420 minutes total. The same for images you upload to the gallery as well. Quirky.

Rob explained the other day that allowing endless edits leads to a lot of rabbit holes and deeper issues
Yea I can see where issues would happen to allow endless edits.... Like someone says something smart assy and gets reported...and then said person goes back and changes it before a screen grab can be taken and then starts saying " idk what your talking about I never said that šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø".... so I agree good call.

I was having issues last night loading photos ... So I posted the words and then went back and attached the photos..... Does that mean none of the tagged sponsors will see the post now?
Try deleting your cache & temporary internet folders if you have problems with the forum

Back
Top Bottom