Caregiver information

unclefester

I am a licensed caregiver here in Colorado, and I am looking for someone to steer me in the right direction. Is it legal for me to give medicine to someone other than my patients who is a medical card holder? I want to stay totally within the law and I cannot find this information in the bill.
Thanks

Thanks Cocojoe she is a MMJ cardholder, I think it would be ok I am just going to give it to her no money is involved but we know that part might not mean anything. Thanks again

In RI a cardholder may give meds to any patient cardholder without registering with the DOH. To recieve compensation the Caregiver and Patient must be registered and approved by RIDOH for exemption from violation of the Controlled Substances Act.
Good luck and welcome to 420Mag!

To my knowkedge you can help patient that is legal. You just cant grow for anyone that you are not there caregiver. Thats what I do when I harvest extra meds. Cause you can only have in possesion 2 oz at any time so to stay legal you have to get rid of the extra. :goodluck:

Thanks gorilla5 I plan on giving her some extra meds that I will have. I just want to stay legal, and I did figure that I could not grow for her.

I believe as long as the person whom you are sharing with has the card and is legit it would be OK to share because MMJ is not a prescription but rather a recommendation

The law in RI specifically allows this as long as NO compensation is Paid

To buy or sell MMJ you must be connected thru State Registry in RI and I think elsewhere but I would ask an attorney lickety split.

Hey whats up I,m new to colorado 7 months ago,and just got legal,and trying to figure it all out! you mentioned your a LICENSED cargiver, How do you get a license, I was under the impresion, your patient just filled out the paperwork and then you send it in to the state, My plan is to GIVE meds to my patients and sell the excess to despensaries..IS THAT LEGAL??? ANY info on the subject would be much appreciated:roorrip:

Yes, it is legal... People say the are licensed but they are not. Yes, you can give it to your patient/patients and sell to dispensaries, that is something you will have to work out with a dispensary though

Everything Be IRIE said is true, I stated that I was a licensed caregiver, it was just a poor way of saying that I am growing for a licensed mmj card holder, sorry for the confusion. From what I have read and found here, it is legal to grow for a card holder and sell the overage to a dispensary. I would not count on seeing any paperwork for awhile Colorado is way behind. Thanks Be IRIE for the help.

Mile High! I would strongly reccommend you see an attorney before you start your venture. Mainly because nobody here can give you legal advice and the word of others isn't going to hold up in court if the worst were to happen. My att. Saul informed me that I could sell any excess or surplus meds to anyone with a MMJ card and a CO. Id. Here's the catch, I can not make a profit from the sale of the meds. Only enough to recover the cost of the grow. There's also tax issues to deal with if you turn a profit. Now consider how much it costs to grow X amt of plants, the supplies, your time, the energy bill, etc., and you can see it's not hard to justify your income from the sale of the meds. There's no law enforcement agency looking to sting caregivers that I know of. So IMHO, if you do your thing discreetely and privately like it should be, you won't have any problem with the man coming down on you. :smokin:
Our state legislators are trying to address this issue now. It sucks that most of "them" have no idea what to do and are so out of touch with the culture that the proposals are ludicrous so far. I hope things go well.
:peacetwo:

The only way you will have problems is if you report what your doing. If you don't get greedy and work with a reputable dispensory or another caregiver you won't have any problems. There is nothing in the laws that says you can't make a profit and who is going to tell you that you made a profit your concious I don't he or she won't rat you out at least I would hope not.LOL

Now a caregiver can have only 5 patients in the state of Colorado, What about a patient that helps other patients. As a patient we can help Patients, Caregivers and Providers that is stated in our state Amendment it does not say how many we can help and as a patient that grows for himself i worry the state will start imposing more rules on patients that grow for themselves and i live in a city the said no to growing and dispensaries beginning this year Whoopi. :~):peacetwo:

Well, to be honest - I don't really WANT the legislature to keep defining and re-defining the MMJ laws. I think it's better if they leave it as it is; why do you want Colorado to stick their fingers in our business? That's just asking for it, giving more authority to people who are anti-MMJ.

Re: Caregivers - there's lots of information available online. An hour or two of surfing through the State of CO websites (and here) will give you plenty of information. You gotta do the work beforehand, ask a lawyer, etc.

Oh, yeah, and if you do set up a grow as a caregiver - do NOT give a TV crew a tour of your 200+plant grow, like that guy who brought 9News in to his Highlands Ranch hydro setup.

Any of the new laws getting passed are going to be challenged in so many ways. The lawers are just waiting for the Ritters signature to file them.This law will not stand in so many ways the a judge wont be able to not stop it. All issues with our constitutional rights should be put before the people for a vote not some over zelous senator and his buddies to decide. People of Denver need to remember that Romer wants to become the next mayor of Denver when Hickenlooper tries to run for Gov. Just think what he will do to the city laws corncerning MMJ. Just vote NO.

Any of the new laws getting passed are going to be challenged in so many ways. The lawers are just waiting for the Ritters signature to file them.This law will not stand in so many ways the a judge wont be able to not stop it. All issues with our constitutional rights should be put before the people for a vote not some over zelous senator and his buddies to decide. People of Denver need to remember that Romer wants to become the next mayor of Denver when Hickenlooper tries to run for Gov. Just think what he will do to the city laws corncerning MMJ. Just vote NO.
I am a Caregiver for my Life Partner (who has multiple sclerosis). I care for him on a 24/7 basis. I am his TRUE caregiver (Both medically and Growing). He is 100% disabled, on oxygen, eats thru a feeding tube in his stomach, and in a wheelchair with no ability to walk. I have NO time left at the end of the day to grow for others, which I would very much like to do.

Under the passed HB 1284, Caregivers will be required to provide other services for the patient (that a caregiver only growing the patient's meds doesn't qualify as a caregiver) . The Colorado Dept. of Healthcare (the agency) will be able to define what a caregiver must do to qualify as a caregiver. They (the agency) will be able to assign other duties which must be preformed by the caregiver (ie: Take the patient to pickup RX's, cook for the patient, take the patient to Doctor's appts. etc.)
Who knows what the Colorado Dept. of Healthcare (agency) will require the caregiver to do to qualify. If it is a long list of additional duties, 1 patient might be the limit a caregiver can handle because of the additional time required to complete the added tasks. Much less the 5 patient limit.
No one seams to care about this part of the passed bill. Everyone is focused on the dispensaries while the patient with a caregiver gets shafted.
How many caregivers are out there that will preform the additional tasks that will soon to required?

MedGROWER:
Colorado WILL continue to put restraints on patients and caregivers. 'HOPEFULLY', we will have some say in what they do and 'HOPEFULLY' we will be vigilant in what we let them get away with. As you have said, it is in our constitution.
PROTECT THE PATIENTS, LEGISLATORS!!!!

ColoradoMed
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom