Casey Jones #2

happy new year guys and thanks for the support. they're under fluorescent lighting again for four days then I'll switch back to the leds. it really sucks that I wasted time and money between the light and two female seeds.

if I do have to sell the light would anyone be interested in it for $90 shipped? I paid $100 for it and it'll cost me about $15 to ship so I'll get $75 of the $100 I spent and put it towards a t5 fixture.

happy new year guys and thanks for the support. they're under fluorescent lighting again for four days then I'll switch back to the leds. it really sucks that I wasted time and money between the light and two female seeds.

if I do have to sell the light would anyone be interested in it for $90 shipped? I paid $100 for it and it'll cost me about $15 to ship so I'll get $75 of the $100 I spent and put it towards a t5 fixture.

Still no thoughts on going hps B? My 250 is great for veg and can flower well too. Not too much heat. I currently have it in a wardrobe with no ventilation :)

WP_20150101_001.jpg

Shame to see you giving up on the LED mate. Maybe a dud light??? Mine is just a ebay special and its running at 6 or so inches and not bleaching. Ive just posted a few results from week 4. Have a look and maybe try the light again but veg to a decent amount under fluoro first maybe? Has worked for me so far. Anyway hope you have a great 2015!!! :volcano-smiley:

Happy New years b.

Sucks about the loss on the seeds and the time man but don't sell the nice piece of equipment I mean try again until you figure it out.
Just a thought

:peace:

I've decided to germinate two casey jones seeds because the current plants aren't growing at all. tomorrow they'll be 6 weeks old and I'll take pictures. they spent one week on my windowsill, four weeks under leds, and one week under cfls. trying the light again sounds like a good idea. thanks guys.

a 150 watt hps is always at the back of my head, but I don't want to mess up again. I know I can run fluorescent lighting, I don't know if I can run hid lighting. do you keep the closet doors open or closed lights on?

hooch I've been on your journal for some time now lol

Hey B......man i am so sorry to hear of your led issues bro.....that just sucks big ones.......man i havent used hps more than 2 weeks on weed before i switched to led so i am no expert, but i would think with the clearance you have....if i am right about 25 inches that you wouldnt have room to fit an hps in there as the reflector can take up a decent amount of room......i ran a 250 for them 2 weeks....heat was a big issue.....thats why i went with led in the beginning.....one of the reasons anyhow......but they produce a decent amount of heat themselves.......i would like to hear Mono chime in about your head space with the hps.....i know he has a lot more experience then myself:)

I've decided to germinate two casey jones seeds because the current plants aren't growing at all. tomorrow they'll be 6 weeks old and I'll take pictures. they spent one week on my windowsill, four weeks under leds, and one week under cfls. trying the light again sounds like a good idea. thanks guys.

a 150 watt hps is always at the back of my head, but I don't want to mess up again. I know I can run fluorescent lighting, I don't know if I can run hid lighting. do you keep the closet doors open or closed lights on?

hooch I've been on your journal for some time now lol

Hey B. Door is closed at all times :). I find the 250 watt hps gives out about the same heat as 3 65watt cfls. In other words, no heat at all lol

Hey Mono......how close do you think he could run an hps to his plants.....i was concerned abouut his total head room being around 25 inches or close there?......you definately know more than me so i am curious what the idea spot:)

:)

For a 250 around 12 inches, higher if it's too warm. A 250 watt hps will easily cover a 3ft x 3ft area.

If in doubt, get your lst on :)

Now i am anxious for B to chime in to see if i am right on the head room.....i think that will be one of his biggest obstacles with hps if 12 inches is about as close as you want to get a 250......is there smaller hps like 100 or 150 watt?......thanks for answering my questions Mono:)

12 inches is the sweet spot for light spread and penetration. With a small fan you could go around 8 at the most. (Fan blowing above buds and below bulb.)

Lst is your friend with hid lighting but not sure if this suits B's style or not.

Other option is to run the hps bare bulb, without a reflector. Anything less than a 250 watt hps and you are probably better with cfl :)

And, welcome :)

Don't lose faith on them b. give time on the cfls thats your field of expertise, they will come back to life. But I would pump a 18/6 just to make sure they get enough energy from the light.

Back
Top Bottom