Caterpillar eats fan leaves

Kush Cough

Hey this guy didnt have a chance to cause any problems because he was removed but I was curious if caterpillars can eat cannibis plants or if it has a effects on them. Anyway it was funny to see.:tokin:
rsz_pillar_003.jpg

Oh yeah! Catepillars love cannabis. I have little buggers that will not only eat a leaf but they will roll themselves up in a leaf to cocoon which will retard the plant's growth.
They will also get stuck in resin and die so to avoid death they will chomp a stem to prevent a bloom from forming.
BT catepillar killer is a good remedy but i take a non piosoning approach by inspecting plants daily and doing the pick-n-squish method of pest control. Plus the pick-n-squish can be therapeutic when you see a half eaten leaf or a beheaded plant. :)

sorry for the necro res guys but its warranted.

talk about life going full circle when it comes to growing science ;)

im hoping this thread is buried in someone subscription list who is a pro on catepillrs.

trying to find a species (any creature actually) that will eat fan leaves but leave the tops unhurt (there are a lot of fussy eaters on this planet...its possible). this is as a labour saving device in the 'total defoliation grow method' can anyone think of a creature thats ever show this usable preference?

Be weary, inspect your dense buds, I have had a lot of problems with caterpillars, more specifically corn-borers, your case may be less of a threat but can't say for sure. I resist from drenching my plants with any kind of product, SNS-209 and rosemary bushes are the best chance I have. Like the other guy said, you need to be doing daily inspections of the inner-dense buds, to make sure they are not propagating, pooping, and burrowing into the stems.

Caterpillars definitely love cannabis, I'm guessing they become psychoactive too - because they've went through a lot of my sticky trichomes. I really hate these bastards!

Leester I thought you got banned from ever showing those pictures again? They give me nightmares many times a week.

BTW Kush. I have had a few similar types of caterpillars. I havent actually seen one eat a bud yet, they really just eat leaves at least those types do from my observations.

BT will not effect taste and posses no threat to anything besides caterpillars.

Leester I thought you got banned from ever showing those pictures again? They give me nightmares many times a week.

BTW Kush. I have had a few similar types of caterpillars. I havent actually seen one eat a bud yet, they really just eat leaves at least those types do from my observations.

BT will not effect taste and posses no threat to anything besides caterpillars.

Banned from spreading awareness? I don't think so. LOL If you had nightmares from looking at a few of the pics, then you'd probably be changed for life having to dig through your precious dense buds, only to find 50 small, shitting, boring worms, and having to deal with them to salvage your crop. THAT will give you nightmares about worms my friend.

Also, I think its a lot easier for people to just say " Yeah drench it with this product and your all good!" Sure BT might work to take out 1 or 2 grand-daddy caterpillars. But there is not enough BT spray in the world to penetrate the inner workings of the buds, and into the burrowed in stems. It's also easy to say that it won't effect the buds, I personally won't do it.

Systemic insecticide with rosemary bushes around as a ward is what I do... But hey! If you want to spray your buds with BT spray, be my guest! :)

:peace:

BT is just a bacteria mixed with water. No biggy to spray it.

And yes those pics did give me nightmares lol. Those are some ugly ass grubs! Its like when the alien popped out of the dudes chest, but its not some random guy nobody cared about anyways. Instead its precious buds!

Back
Top Bottom