CBD Crew - Shark Shock - 2nd Grow - 240x2 LED's - 5 Quart Hempys - Fox Farm Nutes

TonyaesLoco

So I've wrapped up my first grow, the link is in my signature. So I must say a few things about what I've learned so far before I get into my next grow journal (CBD Crew's Shark Shock). This journal will be more pictures, less writing. If I figure something out or have an opinion I will include it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: My opinions are a little biased! I have only used the products below, But from reading other grow journals & talking to friends I know that what I'm writing about below works very well compared to a lot of other options (Diff lights, mediums, nutes, etc..). To each there own I just want to show first timers that all these products worked in my experience.

240W LED
1. Despite reading a lot of negative about LED's in general. I must say that in my experience they are killer! You can check out my first grow (Link in Sig) to see for yourself. Off of 1 gallon milk jug and 2 16oz solo cup Hempys I yielded over 2.5oz dried and cured.

FOX FARM NUTES

2. The most important thing I have found while following the fox farm hydro feeding schedule is that you need to balance the PH between 5.8 & 6.3. The nutes will lower the PH of tap water, but later in the feeding schedule you will find that the PH goes too low and has adverse effects on your pretty little ladies. ALSO, as you may have read already it's best to use 1/2 or 3/4 of what the schedule says and slowly move up to full feeding. An advantage to the Hempy Bucket is that you are able to flush and re-feed with minimal damage if you watch your plants close.

HEMPY BUCKETS

3. So the hempys are excellent, and the mix I'm using (Rocks & COCO) works great for drainage and stability (Keeps the bucket weighed down so it doesn't tip over when the buds swell). A big advantage as I stated above is the ability to flush and remix your nutes with minimal damage. So if you get the PH wrong or put too many nutes in you will know pretty quick if you fucked up & you can flush & fix your problem.

BASICS OF A HEMPY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW
A Hempy is considered passive hydroponics.
1. Get a bucket varying from 16oz(Doable, but way too much work!) to 5gal and Up.
2. Drill a hole about 2" up from the bottom of the bucket. (I use about a 1/2" hole... Just want to make sure your medium wont come through the hole.)
3. The bottom 2" of the bucket is called the Reservoir. You will fill this section with something that is quick draining, I use Rocks.
4. You will fill the remainder of the bucket with something that is fast draining but hold a small amount of moisture. In my experience COCO COIR is perfect.
5. YOUR DONE! Put the seed in & water accordingly! Watering times vary person to person. I like every other day. And I use nutes EVERY watering, some people do NUTE/NUTE/WATER/NUTE/NUTE/WATER, etc..

So, FINALLY... On to Grow NUMBER TWO!

STRAIN: CBD Crew - Shark Shock
LIGHTS: 2 x 240w LED (Flowering) ~~work great for veg too BTW
TENT: Secret Jardin dr80 3x3x6
MEDIUM: Coco Coir & SunLeaves - "Rocks that don't Roll"
NUTES: The complete fox farm lineup.
THE BUCKET: 1 quart painting bucket from lowes.
ODOR CONTROL: Small Carbon Filter attached to small inline fan from Home Depot.

So I am choosing to grow a high CBD strain for a few reasons. The main one being that I'm just freakin' CURIOUS! I have back pain and the normal strains help me be happy and keep my mind off of the pain, but I am reading so many great things about CBD Strains for inflammation & pain. The second reason is that sometimes if I smoke too much or a strain too high in THC I get WAY TOO FUGGIN' HIGH, even paranoid to some extent. The last strain that did this to me was "Green Crack"... I should have known by the name eh? I know quite a few people that use to smoke and now they don't get any joy out of it because the weed is too strong, and I know FOR SURE that none will exactly admit that they get "TOO HIGH", But I can see it in their faces when they smoke . The weed nowadays is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, But It's just too much for some people..

Ok so here's the Pics, And I will update in a week or two. Comments, Criticism, and Questions welcome!!! THANKS Y'ALL! MUCH LOVE! ROLL EM UP!
IMG_109815.JPG
IMG_109718.JPG
IMG_109617.JPG
IMG_109424.JPG
IMG_109318.JPG
IMG_109218.JPG
IMG_109114.JPG
IMG_106913.JPG
IMG_106813.JPG
IMG_106711.JPG
IMG_106614.JPG

Just checkin' in... Haven't updated in a while. It's amazing how much less stressed I am on this second grow. All the plants are great, no issues at all. Still following the Fox Farm schedule. They have about a month left in flower, expecting around 5-6 zips. The pics aren't that great! Sorry. Enjoy guys & gals!
IMG_114314.JPG
IMG_114216.JPG
IMG_113816.JPG
IMG_113313.JPG
IMG_113214.JPG
IMG_113123.JPG
11852.JPG

Here are a few more pics. This will be my last update until I harvest. They have a little less than 1 month to go. It looks like I have 1 heavy yielder, 1 medium yielder, & 1 low yielder. I'm not sure if it's genetics or something I did. Oh well! Still looks like it will be a great total yield! :cheer:

IMG_115615.JPG
IMG_115712.JPG
IMG_116113.JPG
IMG_116616.JPG
IMG_116816.JPG
IMG_116912.JPG
IMG_117012.JPG
IMG_117213.JPG
IMG_117318.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom