CCO: Couple of questions

luckydux

1- Would it do any harm to extract and store in the freezer until I’m ready to evap? I have a teen and I’m leary about leaving zips full of herb in the freezer.

2- Does anyone have experience or know if it would produce more product to press your herb first and then do an extraction on the rosin/wax or whatever you call it?
A friend invested in a rather large press and is getting beyond 50% return so it has my wheels spinning!

Thanks in advance for any info

Would anyone recommend that maybe I should post this elsewhere? I’ve SLOWLY been reading several threads on here for the last couple months but with 3 kids and 2 jobs I just haven’t managed the time to read the 100’s of pages that may hold the answers to some of my silly questions

The only harm for keeping your oil in the freezer for extended periods of time is the condensation factor. I'm not sure if you have ever had BHO that has water in it, its not good it spatters, and runs from the skillet.
The press are a beautifull thing but they run around $600 for a small one. as far as heeping the herb in the freezer for pressing, not recomented because the tricromes become brittly and you will break some every tuime the bag is touched and the press uses a combonation of heat and pressure. Now its a great idea if you atr making Tincture. Most people uers everclear, I dont like the taste of pure grain alcohol so I use a liquor called Rumplemintz. This is a 120 proof peppermint schnapps. Still got a bite to it but much more tollarable than Everclear.

Back
Top Bottom