Cherry Pie in Trouble - Please Help

HennessyBeach

Hi,

I transferred my plant to a bigger pot 4 days ago and also put bat guano and worm castings on top of my soil after re-potting. The brown just started about 3 or 4 days ago and the yellowing started about 2 days ago and has been getting worse through out the day. The temperature has been getting to 80 - 90 the past couple days outside and I have been taking it outside and putting it under the sun and then back inside under the lights at night - Temperature inside is probably around 70 - 80 day or night. I have more info below and pictures attached. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Also when I transferred my plant the roots looked great, they had completely filled the entire previous pot.

Cherry Pie Clone - 7 Weeks Old
- Indoor Grow - But I have been putting it in the sun the past couple days since it has been so nice.
- 19/5 light schedule
- Fox Fox Ocean Forest Soil
- Distilled Water
- Four 42Watt, 6500K CFL lights & Two 13Watt CFL grow lights
- Started using BluePlanet Micro Nutriets about 2 weeks ago every other water (stopped using after transferring plant)
- Watering every 2 or 3 days now (checking with meter to see when soil is dry)

I have ran into to all sorts of problems in the past couple of days. It seems like the whole lower half of my plant is yellowing and moving upward, on top of the fact that all of the fan leaves from top to bottom have got those brown spots and edges. The lower leaves are all turning yellow and dry and curling down.

I am still very new but my guess is that when re-planted it an gave it fresh soil an put the bat guano and worm casting on at the same time it was just too much for the plant? I want to flush it but that would seem to just take all those nutrients form the bat guano an worm casting from the top of the soil and spread it even more into the roots. And I also want to transplant it to a bigger pot AGAIN but I don't want to put even more fresh soil with more nutrients. Or am I completely wrong and it is a deficiency? Please help, its getting worse by the hour.

I have been posting on another forum, but no one will reply or help me, idk why. I have tried reading everywhere but I cannot figure it out. I am going to buy a new bigger pot an flush the plant before I transfer it, I think I am also going to try to get some soil with no nutrients to mix with my fox farms so I am not giving it fresh soil nutrients too often since I just replanted on Tuesday.

IMG_22826.JPG
IMG_22817.JPG
IMG_22804.JPG
IMG_22795.JPG
IMG_22786.JPG
IMG_22774.JPG
IMG_22767.JPG
IMG_22758.JPG

Re: Cherry Pie Teen in Trouble. Please Help.

Looks like a calcium deficiency along with some kalium problems .
I can't tell for sure but it looks like it has some evaporation problems because the top leaves are turned inwards and your soil looks really dryed up! but maybe someone else can help you out better !

Good luck !

I don't think it needs a flush...

If you do flush for some reason its hardly going to wash away all the guano recently added as its a soluable fertilizer which requires time to break down with the help of firendly microbes etc present in any happy soil ! this may take a couple of weeks for it to kick in.

She also looks a tad on the wilted side, with those sort of temps a more of a regular watering may be required to keep her in good order.

You may also look into getting another liquid based nutrient feed to help provide a suitable level of N.P.K to help ward of some of those defeciencys which may be taking place, a fish mix/emulsion might be benificial.

Its quite natural for leafs to die from to time, nothing stays green for ever...

Macro nutrient defeciencys often occur on the older fan/shade leafs first with micro nutrient defeciencys occuring on the younger new leaf growth :thumb:

As you have recently repotted the roots need time to develope in the new soil present, they may need a little time to get back into full swing in supporting your plant with all the good stuff she needs and a good old fashion feed with nutrients will help along the way :peace:

A bit more information would be beneficial to provide support and some possible suggestions.
How much guano did you put to the plant?
What are your ppm?
When you transplanted did you rinse the roots, or otherwise disturb them.
Why did you change the nute solution to a different product?
Is there any shade you could move the plant to temporarily? It may just be to hot in direct light with the guano and new soil.
The pot you have her in should be large enough from the look of things.

It sounds like alot for the plant to go through. It could be a stress issue along with heat problem, and a different nutes, new soil...ect.

Please provide more information.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the responses.

- I put about a one inch layer total of bat guano an worm casting on top of my soil
- Not sure of the PPM
- When I transplanted I poured about 1 1/2 gallons of distilled water over the root to sort of flush
- I didn't change the nutrient solution, I have only used Blue Planet Micro, but stopped about a week an a half ago. If you are referring to the bat guano and worm casting as a "different product" I only did that because I was told by the grow shop that it would be beneficial.
- I could definitely transfer it to shade if need be.

Other Notes -
I ended up transplanting it to a bigger pot yesterday and rinsed the roots with distilled water, I realized I didn't have enough Ocean Forest soil after I already took the plant and rinsed it, so the plant sat in about half the needed soil for about 20 minutes before the rest of the pot was filled up. I don't want to add more Blue Planet nutrients or really any for that matter as I think the plant is just generally over whelmed at this point. Something is definitely wrong, and getting worse though. I have attached more pictures that I took last night.

I really appreciate the responses and help, and can provide any other information I have if needed.

Thanks again.

IMG_22868.JPG
IMG_22859.JPG
IMG_22848.JPG

Your plant looks like it is suffering from heat stress from the way the leafs are curling up wards, transferring from inside to out side may be adding to the stress of the plant !

Also i think your pushing the boundaries of multiply nutrient defeciency...

Do you know what your soil PH is ?

A cheap soil moisture/PH probe from a garden centre will be able to do the job effectively.

Re: Cherry Pie in Trouble. Please Help.

I'm not sure what my soil pH is. I have also heard from another person that it could be 'sun burn' from putting it directly into the sun from inside instead of gradually working it into the sun.

I don't really want to add any nutrients or anything else extra to the plant for at least a couple weeks, if at all again, I just don't feel it can handle anything else right now. I will update in the next couple days with pictures an status. Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom