CKS customer service

Scottishammer

420 Member
Just a short review. I received the wrong seeds in the mail and was told since the mail envelope was opened (not the seeds), I couldn't exchange and was instead offered a discount to order the seeds I ordered in the first place. Shady.

I ordered White Widow Fem and got Auto White Widow.

Not sure how it can be taken as anything but rude when a customer orders something and you send them something else, then try to make it ok by having them order more. Even WITH the discount, how can anybody think that's a normal way to run a business?

Well it's your fault for opening the envelope. You voided the warranty :rofl:

Still, tone makes a big difference in customer service. At least to me. Somehow I like to believe I'm dealing with decent people

Well the reason I asked is I'm just curious whether they have changed in attitude any since the 'good old days' - ie last year. Since they switched management.
Torst was around last year and knows what I'm talking about.
Sounds like at the very least, screwup aside, they weren't completely rude and condescending- or you would have mentioned it.

But- that opened envelope excuse is about as flimsy as I've ever heard. Think about it...

I don't think much has changed, sadly! I will never forget who sold me auto flower Candy Cane and actually sent Sour Jack fem and lied about it for weeks/months!

Good luck growing everyone!

I've considered this situation, and I've been on both ends of situations like this. Many people do not know what proper customer service it.

They may look at it, as "you got basically the same strain, and don't have to flip your lights. Most people like it, so it's not that big of a deal. We will give you a discount, so we both win." This can be an ok way to handle it if the discount is good enough.

I personally view it as, "oh shit, sorry for the mistake, here are the right items, but shipping as slowly as possible".

If your company is hurting in the marketplace, it is sometimes not easy to do the second method. They may be low on Fem White Widow. That puts them in a hard place to ship out seeds free because of a screw-up. I'm not defending their methods, just giving a possibility of a company that could be having a hard time (or low in stock, or out). I've been there and eventually closed the business because I couldn't deliver what I had promised. I was trying, but the situation was just getting worse.

Those kinds of situations will kill your sales, and you never really recover from it.

Also, remember this is seed time. There are more seeds purchased this time of year.

Depending on how you ordered, they may not have had the opportunity to ask if you would take an alternative. They may have done what they thought was right. Most places allow for substitutions, but I don't see any fine print for them. I do know their website does list those as available.

Just a perspective from someone who has been on each end....

As a legal grower I would be livid if I was sent WW AF when I wanted WW fem's to run for a few grows! Not acceptable at all IMO!
Sorry, but my post didn't infer anything about legal versus otherwise.

You are in the majority of consumers. Most people want what they want, and few are flexible at all.

I try to be flexible if possible.:rolleyes:

Me as well. But, that is based on how bad they screw it up though. I've heard stories of past transactions that were much worse. I want them to at least try to provide the service.

If I were in the situation (as the supplier) as I portrayed, I'm not sure how I would have proceeded if contact couldn't be made. A different strain that was photoperiod or an Auto which was the same strain with ruderalis mixed in. That is a hard call.

Still, this is all speculation about the "behind the scenes" part. They may have just screwed up and didn't provide good customer support. It does happen. Now more than ever.

It is what it is...... sorry that words will not help with the situation.

Ultimately it's done. They ' won', but lost a customer. I believe in sharing and rating experiences (good or bad) with others to promote a better market though.

And we as a group (and I as an Individual) appreciate you sharing your experience. It does influence where I order from.

Back
Top Bottom