CKS Northern Lights Auto Question: Pollen Sacs & Buds?

OGrow

420 Member
Hey yall! Brand new member here :)
I´ve tried reading a lot to learn as much as possible and make the right questions.

I have a NL Auto from CropKings on Day 42 now. My baby is healthy, probably not like some others you see here formany reasons (my lack of experience, first grow, limited space, small pot...), but it is kinda looking decent https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/goodjob.gif

THe plant went into flowering since day 29 when I saw the first white hairs. Light schedule always 18x6. On day 38 Trichome started popping and hazing it.

So... Today I was doing another routine check and LST but I noticed in the stem of the main cola several Sac-like structures... (See below)

THen...

Are those really Pollen Sacs? See that they are covered in trichrome and some have amber hair coming from it.
And what should I do with it? I don't want to do anything fancy yet, so I just want some nice smoke in 1-2 months from now https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/Volcano-Vaporizer-Smiley.gif

InkedIMG_3467_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3465_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3464_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3463_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3462_LI.jpg

Thank yall in advance

Ogrow

Re: CKS Northern Lights Auto Question - Pollen Sacs + Buds???

Just so you see the full plant, this is how it looks like

IMG_346111.JPG
IMG_314916.JPG
IMG_314816.JPG
IMG_313712.JPG
IMG_315821.JPG

I have had more than a few CKS auto's have this happen. Luckily for me they all turned out to just be empty.

If it is actually a hermi you will get buds and seeds, can't say I would use the seeds but the weed itself will be smoke able. It looks like a nice plant, nothing you can do about it so either let it finish or cut her if you are worried about pollinating other plants.

Those r calyxs, the female part of the cannabis plant. She will make more and more and alot more of those in an attempt to pass her genetics on. These swollen calyxs become huge flowers or buds. This is a good thing✋

No, these will hopefully just stay about the same size and just be empty! Fingers crossed for him!

THank you guys! So the name of the part is Calyx... that helps a lot!

Well, if it gives me some seeds for free, I´m game! It's my very first attempt and if I get 1/4oz from this grow I am happy. If it's more than 1/2, which looks like, it basically "paid off" the initial investiment if compared to buying something here.

I was so curious that after this post I plucked 2 of those parts and checked what was inside. It looks like a really tiny green seed. like 1mm wide or less. (pic below)

Using the name calyx (tks again) I found some guys in other forums saying that those small seeds actually would mature if the pistil is polinized. I haven't found yet any signs that any pollen sac burst in there, as apparently I would be able to visually identify it.

If they become large buds, awesome! If it turns out as more seeds it saved me a future investment.

IMG_346819.JPG

I am only growing 2 plants. This first one I called Amelia. I needed to give them names to keep my notes on my grow/learning journals.
THe second NL Auto in the larger pot is Bronna.
I just checked the plant and didn´t see anything that would remind me of pollen. I will just wait then and see how it goes, got nothing to lose :)
This grow box is made of an over the range cabinet that I made some modifications to work. It looks like it is working decently, sur enot optimal or close to it.
I am keeping the environment with humidity between 48 and 65%, temperature ranged from 72 to 81F, never above it.
I dont have equipment to check light PAR, but I got an app today to check the lumens and it was likely high, some parts of the plant were getting 165k. so I moved lights up a little and its is now I think from 50K to 80K depends on where in the plant. Basically what I measured outside today in a bright cloudy day.

IMG_347015.JPG
IMG_347117.JPG

Hey yall! Brand new member here :)
I´ve tried reading a lot to learn as much as possible and make the right questions.

I have a NL Auto from CropKings on Day 42 now. My baby is healthy, probably not like some others you see here formany reasons (my lack of experience, first grow, limited space, small pot...), but it is kinda looking decent https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/goodjob.gif

THe plant went into flowering since day 29 when I saw the first white hairs. Light schedule always 18x6. On day 38 Trichome started popping and hazing it.

So... Today I was doing another routine check and LST but I noticed in the stem of the main cola several Sac-like structures... (See below)

THen...

Are those really Pollen Sacs? See that they are covered in trichrome and some have amber hair coming from it.
And what should I do with it? I don't want to do anything fancy yet, so I just want some nice smoke in 1-2 months from now https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/Volcano-Vaporizer-Smiley.gif

InkedIMG_3467_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3465_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3464_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3463_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_3462_LI.jpg

Thank yall in advance

Ogrow
Row-
Have a question. My NL auto fem pistils look similar to yours but mine are in clusters formation with hairs. Should I be worried? I have 2 other fem in the tent with her. Thanks for the information.

6A5D1C58-F408-4CDD-BD44-A6F5E5B66E42.jpeg

Crazy I didn’t even look at the date on this old post.
Thanks for the reply. What are hermies?
Hermie = Hermaphrodite - A plant that has switched sex from female to male, or has developed both male and female parts - pollen sacs - small oval-ish growths on a tiny stalk, are the male part - they don't have pistils (little hairs).
Pistils, with the calyx they come out of are female parts.

Back
Top Bottom