Clear or cloudy, I'm not sure.

Ancient Green

Ive done a few grows with this strain but wanted to double check. Would you call these clear or cloudy?

Around 50% red pistols, not curling in yet. I'm thinking 80% cloudy and 20% clear--- I do see a few ambers coming in, but not many. I'm thinking one more week? Day 53 from 12/12

6485.JPG

6503.JPG

nefsharp.JPG

_DSC6464.JPG

Still got time. Most trichs are clear you also still got a couple of fresh stigmas. I would give it a week to 10 days. What day of flower are you on?

Still got time. Most trichs are clear you also still got a couple of fresh stigmas. I would give it a week to 10 days. What day of flower are you on?

I'm half way into week 8 after 12/12, around 53 days. Strain is Northern Lights, supposedly 7-9 weeks to finish with some phenos ready after 7. I've grow this 4 times now and I'd say 60-65 days is the sweet spot...

I'm with you, I'm thinking a week more maybe a week and a few days. Its tricky though, what looks cloudy to me looks clear later after the buds cure. Maybe my camera and loupe are playing tricks on me !

zoomed in a bit below

6503 - Copy.JPG

Yea you definitely have some cloudy ones in there, but I also see no amber at all. This one might be a 9 weeker.

Long story about amber, Ive gone 11 weeks with this strain and it didnt amber up like you'd expect, so I'm trying to get the harvest in when most are cloudy.... We'll see what happens in a week or so---

Add the fact that the hairs are bright red, I think they may cast their colors into some trichomes making them appear amber....

Here are a few of the ambers I'm seeing...

_DSC6508.JPG

They're lovely sharp pics @Ancient Green, you could probably see clearer by enlarging the pics a bit. That's what I do to decide where the plant is at.

Thanks, yes I'm getting old and using a loupe just doesnt work for me. So, I use a Nikon Micro lens to really look at the trichs.

When you say enlarge do you mean zoom in or out? (larger trichomes or larger total bud?)

Thanks, yes I'm getting old and using a loupe just doesnt work for me. So, I use a Nikon Micro lens to really look at the trichs.

When you say enlarge do you mean zoom in or out? (larger trichomes or larger total bud?)
I am in a similar boat to you AG, my once great eyesight now struggles to see any detail.

Since my post you posted another pic appears to be cropped closer, and for me at least, it allows a better determination of whether one is looking at clear or cloudy. This is what I clumsily meant as enlarging, but one needs to begin with clear enough pictures to be able to do so. And your pics are wonderfully clear. Cheers.

I am in a similar boat to you AG, my once great eyesight now struggles to see any detail.

Since my post you posted another pic appears to be cropped closer, and for me at least, it allows a better determination of whether one is looking at clear or cloudy. This is what I clumsily meant as enlarging, but one needs to begin with clear enough pictures to be able to do so. And your pics are wonderfully clear. Cheers.

Thanks, yep I figured thats what you meant so I cropped one.

I'll let this go another week or two.

Back
Top Bottom