Clock is ticking - LED+coco+grow tent

kingkongblown

420 Member
Hey guys, dabbling through different forums and this one became my fav, dunno why, guess so many enthusiasts like me in one place is bound to attract attention of anyone in our world of this beautiful plant. Don't want to praise you anymore, you already know all this.

It's been a dream of mine to grow my medicine for a long time, and in a month I'll be able to, so I want to double check, no, triple check everything.

Here comes the tough part, explaining everything, hope I'll get some good suggestions and replies.

My plan is to grow in a 8x4 tent (cannot use the room since its a rented apartment, sure am sorry about this since I wanted to use co2).

Since it's a tent I cannot use a/c in it but I'm not worried about temp problems as I'm going to put 6'' (or is 8'' better) exhaust/w carbon scrubber on top of the tent to pull warm air out (better inside the tent or out?) so that would be passive air intake if I'm not mistaken. Humidifier and dehumidifier is also going to be in the tent.
Plus 2 or 3 fans to keep the air and canopy moving.

Seeds are going to be prapagated under 2 or 4 55w T5's for first couple of weeks until they establish a healthy root system. Then I'll transplant them into 1gal Smartpots where they'll live for some 4-6 weeks IMO, and finally once again transplanted into 3gal pots.
I plan on using Advanced Leds, 4 P450's and mainlining my plants. Following nugbucket's tut and nebula's advice I'll be growing Nirvana's BlackJack in 3gal SmartPots.
75/25 coco/clay pebbles or perlite.

I'll be using HESI coco nutes with R/O water so I'll have to add some CalMag.
Don't want to buy a chiller yet, next grow maybe, so I'll try to keep nute water as close to 65f as I can, but that won't be a big problem cause I'm not going with a reservoir but a 3-5gal bucket to water plants.
I know it's suggested to feed with every watering in coco but is it really better than watering once with pure RO water with a little CalMag and once with nutes?

About lights, first I want to test myself and lights so 4 P450 are more that enough, 3-4 plants per light is fine by me. Since they're not as hot as HID lights hanging LED's at 12-18'' is doable. I'll try to get them as close as they'll let me cause I'm not trying to stretch anything, nor yield is my primary goal.

Here's equipment list (not in any particular order), add if something is missing.

T5 panel
Diamond foil (advertised to reflect 98% of light)
Organic coco mix
Clay pebbles
EazyPlug's
HESI coco starter kit
HESI ph +/-
8x4 grow tent
6'' Carbon scrubber
6'' silencer
6'' Dospel fan
R/O kit
Ph and EC meter
RH and air temp meter
Propagator
Timer
Smart pots
Light hangers
Radiator with thermostat
4xPlatinum LED P450

What kind of coverage can I expect to cover with 4 P450 lets say at 12''?

Thanks guys your help is really appreciated!!!

EDIT: I've done some reading and on hydro store's site says not to mix PK 13/14 with CalMag. Is this a problem, how should I use them?

Have a good one :Namaste:

Re: Clock is ticking... LED+coco+grow tent

Hey guys, dabbling through different forums and this one became my fav, dunno why, guess so many enthusiasts like me in one place is bound to attract attention of anyone in our world of this beautiful plant. Don't want to praise you anymore, you already know all this.

It's been a dream of mine to grow my medicine for a long time, and in a month I'll be able to, so I want to double check, no, triple check everything.

Here comes the tough part, explaining everything, hope I'll get some good suggestions and replies.

My plan is to grow in a 8x4 tent (cannot use the room since its a rented apartment, sure am sorry about this since I wanted to use co2).

Since it's a tent I cannot use a/c in it but I'm not worried about temp problems as I'm going to put 6'' (or is 8'' better) exhaust/w carbon scrubber on top of the tent to pull warm air out (better inside the tent or out?) so that would be passive air intake if I'm not mistaken. Humidifier and dehumidifier is also going to be in the tent.
Plus 2 or 3 fans to keep the air and canopy moving.

Seeds are going to be prapagated under 2 or 4 55w T5's for first couple of weeks until they establish a healthy root system. Then I'll transplant them into 1gal Smartpots where they'll live for some 4-6 weeks IMO, and finally once again transplanted into 3gal pots.
I plan on using Advanced Leds, 4 P450's and mainlining my plants. Following nugbucket's tut and nebula's advice I'll be growing Nirvana's BlackJack in 3gal SmartPots.
75/25 coco/clay pebbles or perlite.

I'll be using HESI coco nutes with R/O water so I'll have to add some CalMag.
Don't want to buy a chiller yet, next grow maybe, so I'll try to keep nute water as close to 65f as I can, but that won't be a big problem cause I'm not going with a reservoir but a 3-5gal bucket to water plants.
I know it's suggested to feed with every watering in coco but is it really better than watering once with pure RO water with a little CalMag and once with nutes?

About lights, first I want to test myself and lights so 4 P450 are more that enough, 3-4 plants per light is fine by me. Since they're not as hot as HID lights hanging LED's at 12-18'' is doable. I'll try to get them as close as they'll let me cause I'm not trying to stretch anything, nor yield is my primary goal.

Here's equipment list (not in any particular order), add if something is missing.

T5 panel
Diamond foil (advertised to reflect 98% of light)
Organic coco mix
Clay pebbles
EazyPlug's
HESI coco starter kit
HESI ph +/-
8x4 grow tent
6'' Carbon scrubber
6'' silencer
6'' Dospel fan
R/O kit
Ph and EC meter
RH and air temp meter
Propagator
Timer
Smart pots
Light hangers
Radiator with thermostat
4xPlatinum LED P450

What kind of coverage can I expect to cover with 4 P450 lets say at 12''?

Thanks guys your help is really appreciated!!!

EDIT: I've done some reading and on hydro store's site says not to mix PK 13/14 with CalMag. Is this a problem, how should I use them?

Have a good one :Namaste:

It's nice to see you put in your research and a lot of thought and planning, so many don't.

The carbon scrubber and fan can be placed outside the tent if more convenient or necessary, usually drawing air from the highest (warmest) point in the tent.

LED's give off little heat, a 6" fan should be plenty enough, but I don't know if silencers restrict airflow. With a speed control you can also fine tune venting and fan noise.

Heat, AC or humid/dehumidifier may not be necessary in the tent, or at all for that matter, if you are drawing in conditioned ambient air from the room.If this is the case, I'd setup tent,filter,fan and lights and go from there.

Take all your specific questions and post them one or two at a time in the Frequently Asked Questions forum, you will get a much better response from people qualified in each subject.

Alien, I don't like doing anything half assed, also overlooking something might cost me a failed crop and that's a no-no and FAQ is great for any questions.

Otawwa that is a better idea, one light would do the job and it's an avoided expense.

Thanks guys, it's appreciated

Also not sure how much p450 costs but check out mars 2 they seem to be cheap.

They're 'bout 500 bucks a pop, I know they're more expensive but I'm willing to invest in quality. Also, they repay themselves through electricity cost alone, not to talk about the money I won't have to spend on thy great erb.

Praise the herb.

The mars 2 is proven on many journals here too and 3 year warranty. Anyway, I tried. I wish someone had of told me back when I was looking for led and I could have either saved money or bought more powerful light(s) either way win...

either of them will work great and save electricity and last along time

No I don't get it, what did say that is half assed?

You said it's nice to see I put in my planing and research.

Putting research, time and planing into something means it's not half assed, so that means I agree with you. Cant explain it better.

Why would I want to offend you when you said something nice, share the love.

:Namaste:

EDIT: No harm done, forget it. Since we're talking, how many plants should I consider putting under one light? I've seen different growers journals here on 420 and they all seem to vary. I want to mainline them so that's the main factor regarding number of plants IMO.

Back
Top Bottom